Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: singletee's cards  (Read 2071 times)

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
singletee's cards
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:31:31 am »

I am pleased to present here some fan cards I have made. Currently I have 15 culture-themed cards (plus extras), 4 industry-themed cards, and 4 odds and ends. The culture-themed cards are designed as an expansion. Everything herein is a work in progress. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on these. To get things started, I'll post 2 cards from the culture expansion.

Culture Expansion
Accumulate Culture tokens and turn them in to receive benefits.
At the end of the game, every 5 Culture tokens you have left over are worth 1VP.

Major themes: Culture tokens
Minor themes: Trash-for-benefit, reward for doing lots of stuff in an action, card types, card variety

Thanks to 461.weavile for the templates.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:17:17 pm by singletee »

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
Street Musician
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 04:33:01 am »

Street Musician
Action
Cost $2
+1 Action
Gain a card costing up to $3 and a Copper, putting the Copper into your hand.

Art is everywhere, even in the hustle and bustle of daily city life. With his mandolin and trained otter, this scruffy-looking fellow will entertain you for just a copper piece -- or whatever, he's not picky.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:53:23 pm by singletee »

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
Prodigy
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:38:32 am »

Prodigy
Action
Cost $3
+2 Actions
+$1
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it costs $6 or more, put it into your hand. Otherwise, discard it and +1C.

Some people are smart. Some are really really smart. When you're the best of the best, you don't settle for anything but greatness.

If this guy reveals something good, you get to draw it; otherwise, you get 1 Culture. You can use Culture to enact great changes to your kingdom once you build up enough. Other cards in this set can also make use of accumulated Culture. Everything should be (mostly) balanced for use in a culture-heavy environment or alone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:52:55 pm by singletee »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
Re: singletee's cards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 07:22:45 am »

Prodigy might be a little OP compared to bazaar. It drops the card for a sometimes a card and, if not, it has 1/5 VP attached to it?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:33 am »

Prodigy might be a little OP compared to bazaar. It drops the card for a sometimes a card and, if not, it has 1/5 VP attached to it?

1/5 VP isn't as strong as +1 Card, at least when attached to a card like this; heck, I think it would still be balanced if it gave a whole VP!
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 11:29:42 am »

1/5 VP isn't as strong as +1 Card, at least when attached to a card like this; heck, I think it would still be balanced if it gave a whole VP!

I don't think this with +1vp would be balanced at any price, actually. It would be better at giving points than Monument, and being a Village, just adding drawing will make a "complete" deck. If you add trashing, you risk ending up somewhere where your best option is just to produce points and never gain cards. Even without trashing, it's a cheap split that will most likely determine the winner of the game, since the number of Prodigies will determine a basal level of points/shuffle you make for the rest of the game.
I think giving fractions of a vp is a good way to slow down this kind of cards. The potentially huge amount of Culture tokens you might accumulate in a game bothers me a bit, but that's all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:33:13 am by Accatitippi »

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »
+1

I am still working out what exactly you can do with culture once you accumulate it. The original idea was something like:

Renaissance
Event
Cost $2
+1 Buy
Choose one: Take a Culture token; or return 7 Culture tokens and if you do, choose one to get at the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game: +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1, +1 Buy.

The VP would be essentially a consolation prize in case I didn't want to put this into every game. Which I didn't, since the event itself is kinda bland and could be centralizing. What I am thinking now is to make these "cultural enhancements" each their own thing (not Events, just a different sort of thing you can do at the end of your turn by spending Culture), and cost from 5-20 culture to buy, and not be buyable more than once per game. Any game with a culture-generating card (might require a new type for this) would have like 3 of these "enhancements". With a setup like that, it would no longer be necessary to have culture worth a small amount of VP just in case there is nothing better to do with it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:02:55 pm by singletee »

Ankenaut

• Bishop
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 02:14:06 pm »

I am still working out what exactly you can do with culture once you accumulate it. The original idea was something like:

Renaissance
Event
Cost $2
+1 Buy
Choose one: Take a Culture token; or return 7 Culture tokens and if you do, choose one to get at the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game: +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1, +1 Buy.

The VP would be essentially a consolation prize in case I didn't want to put this into every game. Which I didn't, since the event itself is kinda bland could be centralizing. What I am thinking now is to make these "cultural enhancements" each their own thing (not Events, just a different sort of thing you can do at the end of your turn by spending Culture), and cost from 5-20 culture to buy, and not be buyable more than once per game. Any game with a culture-generating card (might require a new type for this) would have like 3 of these "enhancements". With a setup like that, it would no longer be necessary to have culture worth a small amount of VP just in case there is nothing better to do with it.

I really like the idea of accumulating tokens for the other major resources besides just +$1. Guilds has the coin tokens, but what about for draw, actions, or buy? I think something like this will work with some refinement.

Maybe you can have an Action card that specifically lets  you spend culture tokens on something. For example:

Curator $5, Action
+3 culture tokens
You may return any number of culture tokens. +1 Card for each returned culture token.

This is sort of like my Prior (Monk) card from my Vampire/Monks/Swordsmen thread, but it isn't getting any interest there, so perhaps I can propose it here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:15:50 pm by Ankenaut »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.