Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: IsoDom 3 Qualifier  (Read 22641 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: IsoDom 3 Qualifier
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 08:15:55 pm »

Jeeeeez that Copper trashing hurts to read about :(

Yeah.  I mean... if his first Venture had drawn Copper instead of Silver, it wouldn't have been painful... having $6 when you could have had $7 sucks anyway.  I don't know if Jorbles was keeping full track of his deck--I wasn't--but with only one Silver in it, he had a good chance of drawing Copper/Silver... or even Venture/Copper/Copper. 

I am still kicking myself for that Copper trashing in the endgame of Game 6. I spent a lot of time thinking about it, but figured I would need to pick up a Duchy and then the last Province to win. It hadn't occured to me that if I trashed my Fishing Village and got the Province I could win on turns by tying the score until after I'd trashed it. My deck was based on Venture chains so I wanted as few Coppers in it as possible so the Ventures could find each other faster. That's the game that will haunt me.

I really enjoyed the series though. I'm particularly proud of my early Navigator pick up in game 5, which allowed me to cycle my deck much faster than Kirian and dodge the weaker hands in my deck. It worked really well with the Golems. Playing my Navigator before the card drawing action (usually a Familiar) allowed me to pick my draws from a choice of five cards. Kirian and I both saw that Hoards paired with Gardens would be really strong, but the quicker cycling in my deck decided it in the end. I think I played this one really well, and I'm glad I didn't win because he missed his first Familiar.

Game 7 was a tricky game with Sea Hags/Remakes/Cities being pretty dominant cards. Kirian was lucky to pair one of his Sea Hags with a Remake after the Curse pile ran out, which game him a bit of an edge. I was still kinda rattled from Game 6 and I really do think Kirian played this one better than me. We both ended up being gunshy about emptying the City stack leaving two in the game, but I think I may have had a better chance at mounting a comeback if I'd tried to do that.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:40 pm »
+6

Hmmm ... I had thought that I had sent Lionel a PM on the forum here, but I don't see it in my Sent Items.

If you read this Lionel, send me a PM so we can set up a time for our match. (I'll keep trying to send one, myself).
For whatever reason, by default PMs sent are not saved into the sent folder.
It isn't possible to change that?  :'(
I found the option to fix this.  From now on, by default, all PMs sent are now saved to the sent folder.

Mean Mr Mustard

• Witch
  • First to 5000 Isotropic wins
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:44 pm »

27. rspeer VS MORIN FTW

Where are we on this match-up?

Round one match-ups will be posted by midnight EST.
Jake <a href=http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/17/game-20120317-030206-6456f97c.html>opening: opening: Silver / Jack of All Trades</a>
<b>IsoDom1 Winner:  shark_bait
IsoDom2 Winner: Rabid
Isodom3 Winner: Fabian</b>
Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatári, Utúlie'n auré!

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »

Hmmm ... I had thought that I had sent Lionel a PM on the forum here, but I don't see it in my Sent Items.

If you read this Lionel, send me a PM so we can set up a time for our match. (I'll keep trying to send one, myself).
For whatever reason, by default PMs sent are not saved into the sent folder.
It isn't possible to change that?  :'(
I found the option to fix this.  From now on, by default, all PMs sent are now saved to the sent folder.
Nice! Thank you theory!
 Was it in some out of the way place or were you too busy being cool? 8)
(jk of course)
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Mean Mr Mustard

• Witch
  • First to 5000 Isotropic wins
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:34 pm »
+1

Great job to all qualifiers.  Just one note: rspeer is getting a pass for the simple reason that he is well known to me and is a contributing member of the community.  Good luck in the next round, folks.
Jake <a href=http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/17/game-20120317-030206-6456f97c.html>opening: opening: Silver / Jack of All Trades</a>
<b>IsoDom1 Winner:  shark_bait
IsoDom2 Winner: Rabid
Isodom3 Winner: Fabian</b>
Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatári, Utúlie'n auré!

Mergus

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 12:13:41 am »

Are the matchups for the first round 1v32, 2v31 etc?

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:11 am »

Hey Mergus come play me! :) We're facing each other, see the other thread.

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 01:25:36 am »

Thanks, MMM.

I should have posted an update. I haven't been able to contact MORIN_FTW since a week ago. I asked when to play him, he said "this afternoon on Thailand time" which was basically as I was reading the message, I thought I was unlikely to find him with such a vague time span but I logged into the great hall to see if he was there. Then he messaged me to say he was in the Secret Chamber, found me and proposed a game with me, but I was distracted by a phone call (yes, I get phone calls at 3 AM sometimes) and we were ships passing in the night.

My fault? Perhaps. But I've sent him a bunch of messages since then and haven't heard back in a week.

If I do hear from MORIN_FTW I will play him, and I'll let him take my place if he wins.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:29:40 am by rspeer »

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 06:46:07 am »

From now on, by default, all PMs sent are now saved to the sent folder.

This is great! But.. I can't seem to find my sent folder. How do I access it?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:17 am »

It should be here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=pm;f=sent

On the left of your PM screen.

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 07:49:03 am »

Thanks! I found it there, and also found a view-toggle on the right side of the screen (looked something like [<<]) that opened the menu on the left that I think you meant.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.