Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: LSD: payload  (Read 9856 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: LSD: payload
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »

Lookout is a very powerful card and it's also great. It's not better than Ambassador, but it's one of the strongest $3 trashers for sure.

I'm not too sure about this.  Steward, Masquerade, Amulet, and Ambassador are certainly better, and Forager, Hermit, and Doctor are about the same power level as Lookout, in my opinion.

The point is that trashing is that powerful.  Lookout is mediocre compared to other trashers, but it's still very good overall.  Develop is a weak trasher, but trashing (and also the TfB effect) make it decent overall. 

On this board, Counterfeit is probably the stronger trasher, but it competes with other key $5 cards and Lookout works just fine.

(Edit: Uh, I guess that wasn't Awaclus' point after all.  I like Lookout, but I wouldn't put it on part with Steward, heh.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:36:34 pm by eHalcyon »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 01:47:36 pm »

Lookout is a very powerful card and it's also great. It's not better than Ambassador, but it's one of the strongest $3 trashers for sure.

I'm not too sure about this.  Steward, Masquerade, Amulet, and Ambassador are certainly better, and Forager, Hermit, and Doctor are about the same power level as Lookout, in my opinion.

The point is that trashing is that powerful.  Lookout is mediocre compared to other trashers, but it's still very good overall.  Develop is a weak trasher, but trashing (and also the TfB effect) make it decent overall. 

On this board, Counterfeit is probably the stronger trasher, but it competes with other key $5 cards and Lookout works just fine.

(Edit: Uh, I guess that wasn't Awaclus' point after all.  I like Lookout, but I wouldn't put it on part with Steward, heh.)

Trashing is powerful, and cycling in the early game is powerful for the exact same reason. Lookout does both while being non-terminal, that's super good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »

Trashing is powerful, and cycling in the early game is powerful for the exact same reason. Lookout does both while being non-terminal, that's super good.

Sure, that's part of why I like it.  I still think Steward is a lot better though.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 02:04:51 pm »
+1

Sure, that's part of why I like it.  I still think Steward is a lot better though.

Well, I guess we mostly disagree on how strong Steward is, then.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 03:56:23 pm »

Well, I guess we mostly disagree on how strong Steward is, then.

Probably a little of both. :P

Jasoba

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 10:42:28 am »

On this board Steward is better. It trashes a bit faster and can also help to hit 5$. Lookout is also awkward midgame(how to trash bad cards if you draw them with warf?)

Lookout is better on boards with bad or no villages or on boards with topdeck/discard synergy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:45:16 am by Jasoba »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.