Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Login Issues  (Read 2331 times)

ced

• Salvager
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
Login Issues
« on: April 12, 2016, 03:16:34 pm »

Hi,

Basically, I've forgotten my password (or at least what I remembered setting my password as doesn't seem to work). I have the login details saved on my home computer, so it isn't a big issue until i clear my cache. However, it means I can't log in when browsing on my phone or at work during lunchbreak.

The "forgotten your password" link prompts me for either my username or email address, and then says that an email has been sent to my email account with a link to a password reset. Whichever one I use (username or email), no email is sent - neither to my inbox nor my junk folder.

Essentially, I'm in need of some manual help to reset my password.

Thanks
ced

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
Re: Login Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:04:38 pm »

Hi,

Basically, I've forgotten my password (or at least what I remembered setting my password as doesn't seem to work). I have the login details saved on my home computer, so it isn't a big issue until i clear my cache. However, it means I can't log in when browsing on my phone or at work during lunchbreak.

The "forgotten your password" link prompts me for either my username or email address, and then says that an email has been sent to my email account with a link to a password reset. Whichever one I use (username or email), no email is sent - neither to my inbox nor my junk folder.

Thanks
ced

Since you're posting here, I have to assume you don't mean your password for this forum.  You should likely contact Making Fun.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

'Browsing his phone during work.' He's talking about the forum.

Since you only have 6 posts, is it a huge deal to make a new account?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 04:18:36 pm »
+2

Hi,

Thanks
ced

Since you're posting here, I have to assume you don't mean your password for this forum.  You should likely contact Making Fun.

I don't think so. ced appears to be using a browser that doesn't allow saved passwords to be retrieved from within the browser or does not know how to retrieve them.

ced, what web browser are you using at home? In Chrome and Firefox you can view saved passwords. In IE it appears you can't, but there might be an external tool you can use. I have no idea about Safari or Opera.

EDIT: Ah, here is a relevant article.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:21:17 pm by singletee »

ced

• Salvager
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »

Hi,

Thanks
ced

I don't think so. ced appears to be using a browser that doesn't allow saved passwords to be retrieved from within the browser or does not know how to retrieve them.

ced, what web browser are you using at home? In Chrome and Firefox you can view saved passwords. In IE it appears you can't, but there might be an external tool you can use. I have no idea about Safari or Opera.

EDIT: Ah, here is a relevant article.

Ah, forgot I could do that. That's my main issue sorted, thanks!

There is the small side issue of the "forgot password" link not working for me, though it isn't important at this time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.