Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Am i the only one getting aggressive PMs?  (Read 22424 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Am i the only one getting aggressive PMs?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 12:42:30 pm »

Now that you mention it, I also re-read ErrinF and you do have these

This is an example of a website being full of a bunch of antisocial jerks.

You're the moderator here? You're as off topic as they come.
[...]
You people here are way out of line, overly dramatic, and thoroughly unprofessional.

things that he says in an obvious effort to insult someone, but it actually isn't very insulting no matter how you look at it. And you have this:

pissed off

So yeah, I'm much more open to the idea that they're the same person now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »

The question is, if we're all such antisocial jerks, why does this person keep returning?  Masochism?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 02:08:48 pm »
+2

The question is, if we're all such antisocial jerks, why does this person keep returning?  Masochism?

F.ds is clearly that addictive. I would know!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 02:11:49 pm »
+2

I think this is weak evidence. Not that it really matters anyway.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 08:03:16 pm »
+3

[...]
You people here are way out of line, overly dramatic, and thoroughly unprofessional.

things that he says in an obvious effort to insult someone, but it actually isn't very insulting no matter how you look at it. And you have this:

pissed off

Actually there is only weak evidence that ErrinF and ErrinFU are the same person.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »

[...]

pissed off

Actually there is only weak evidence that ErrinF and ErrinFU are the same person.
The name similarity also makes it somewhat likely.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2016, 01:57:32 am »
+4

Are we playing actual mafia now?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2016, 10:44:07 am »

Any admin should be able to read their IPs and confirm whether it's true. Unless the user is changing proxies or something.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2016, 10:55:15 am »
+1

Any admin should be able to read their IPs and confirm whether it's true. Unless the user is changing proxies or something.

Well, clearly his IP is changing because he's able to post even though he had his IP banned. It could be a dynamic IP though, in which case it might be possible to identify them as the same person with relatively high certainty, or it could be a proxy in which case it might be possible to identify both of them as people who use proxies, or not at all. But it's definitely not worth the effort to actually check, it's just fun to speculate.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2016, 11:29:43 am »

Well, clearly his IP is changing because he's able to post even though he had his IP banned. It could be a dynamic IP though, in which case it might be possible to identify them as the same person with relatively high certainty, or it could be a proxy in which case it might be possible to identify both of them as people who use proxies, or not at all. But it's definitely not worth the effort to actually check, it's just fun to speculate.

Maybe it's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on, where one upstanding member of the forums uses another profile when he wants to be mean and blow off some steam?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 11:58:33 am »

Maybe it's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on, where one upstanding member of the forums uses another profile when he wants to be mean and blow off some steam?

ErrinF is very likely a person who really exists.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 12:22:48 pm »

Vote: McGarnacle

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 01:47:02 pm »
+5

Both accounts heavily use ellipses (...)
Both accounts heavily use the word "just" in similar ways: "just trying to," "I just thought," "just because".
Both accounts typically use long compound sentences and a pretty high level of vocabulary.
Both accounts sometimes lapse into using improper words like "cuz," "ain't" and "gotta."
Both accounts have similar behavioral patterns of defending their own ideas and attacking other people's ideas.

Oh crap, I do all these things, too! The real ErrinF was me all along! Well, depending on your definition of "attacking", and on how "heavily" the ellipses use is…

Humans often see patterns because they expect to see them. It's a well-know failing of the human brain. Why it wasn't so long ago that I falsely accused the horatio83 on these forums as being the same horatio83 that played on Goko, and my wasn't that embarrassing for me.

Anyway, I like Asper, but I'm getting pretty sick of him coming back on here to complain about this whilst also not doing anything constructive about it. Man, it is OK to tell a forum moderator which specific individual is harassing you! We'll never know if it's the same person unless you do, and your reluctance to do so is potentially allowing this person to continue this behavior. Am I victim-blaming? Maybe. But I'm still getting pretty tired of it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 04:53:59 pm »

Both accounts heavily use ellipses (...)
Both accounts heavily use the word "just" in similar ways: "just trying to," "I just thought," "just because".
Both accounts typically use long compound sentences and a pretty high level of vocabulary.
Both accounts sometimes lapse into using improper words like "cuz," "ain't" and "gotta."
Both accounts have similar behavioral patterns of defending their own ideas and attacking other people's ideas.

Oh crap, I do all these things, too! The real ErrinF was me all along! Well, depending on your definition of "attacking", and on how "heavily" the ellipses use is…

Actually, no, you don't!

To really get a feel for it, you need to go through and carefully read the accounts: ErrinF, ErrinFU, Horatio83, Tristan. I believe there were a few other smaller ones as well. They have a distinctive writing style and distinctive argument patterns and distinctive shared interests (fan cards and getting in arguments).

Your writing style is nothing like it and it is easy to tell the two apart. If you want to know how heavy the use of ellipses is, go look for yourself. It is actually quite extreme.

Why it wasn't so long ago that I falsely accused the horatio83 on these forums as being the same horatio83 that played on Goko, and my wasn't that embarrassing for me.

So what you're saying is that this person--who is known for telling lies and avoiding responsibility in order to make other people look foolish--told you: "That Horatio83 and myself are two completely different people," and you believed him? and now I'm the foolish one?

Look, I'm not saying I am 100% correct here. But honestly the biggest behavioral patterns are the ones that are most awkward to talk about because they are the one that boil down to "turns into a troll when people say his fan cards are bad." That's the one major thing that all of these accounts have in common. 

Anyway, Awaclus has it right, it's not worth putting more effort into proving, it's just something interesting to speculate about, and there's nothing else on here particularly interesting to me right now.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 05:58:55 pm »
+4

there's nothing else on here particularly interesting to me right now.

https://dominion.games/

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 08:20:51 pm »
+2

Wait, Tristan has a pattern/history of insulting anyone?

Now I no longer feel special for the special treatment he's giving me in RSP!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 08:24:45 am »
+3

Anyway, I like Asper, but I'm getting pretty sick of him coming back on here to complain about this whilst also not doing anything constructive about it. Man, it is OK to tell a forum moderator which specific individual is harassing you! We'll never know if it's the same person unless you do, and your reluctance to do so is potentially allowing this person to continue this behavior. Am I victim-blaming? Maybe. But I'm still getting pretty tired of it.

I already confirmed it's tristan in this thread (at least I felt it was obvious from my writing), and what's more important, I told the mods from the start. What the mods know isn't what you know. I just didn't post it publicly.

Theory asked me whether he should speak with tristan back then and I made this thread in case anybody else had the problem, to help me decide, but back then nobody else seemed to be affected, and I felt "It's over now, just draw a line.".

I posted again because other members were also getting harrassed and I received PM's asking whether I also had trouble with tristan, which I confirmed. Tristan has a way of being a terrible person while saying things that make you feel overly-alarmed for reporting. I reported him nonetheless, told mods his name, made a thread to encourage others to report too. I just didn't ask theory to speak with tristan, and that's where I see myself at fault. It probably just would have escalated to a ban, which would have been a good thing, but I didn't want to go through that back then.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2017, 02:40:43 pm »
+4

Asper,

If you can find the time, I hope you stay here active. If you find it a wast of time, by all means, do more useful things. I like your view on cards. Please stay around, if you can and want. Don't let a bully... bully you.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 11:29:03 am »
+5

In case it matters, tristan and ErrinF are not the same user and I am very confident in this fact, unless that particular user changed continents.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 11:29:53 am »
+3

In case it matters, tristan and ErrinF are not the same user and I am very confident in this fact, unless that particular user changed continents.

Trolling knows no borders.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 21 queries.