Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I beat Stef?  (Read 1730 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
I beat Stef?
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »

Code: [Select]
Duchess, Lighthouse, Stonemason, Hermit, Island, Quarry, Sea Hag, Council Room, Junk Dealer, Royal Seal

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160407/log.0.1460055292549.txt

I'm sure someone's made this joke before.  I felt like I got this deck going way faster than I thought was possible, since BM games are usually pretty slow with Colonies.  What do you guys think about Island here?  Would Sea Hag have been an option?  Honestly, I mainly posted this to make the joke but there were a lot of decisions in this game that I could have made differently. 

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: I beat Stef?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:08:10 pm »
+4

Both you and Stef? should have used Quarry to overpay for Stonemason for 2 Junk Dealers early (no one ever bought Stonemason). I'd open Hermit/Quarry or Lighthouse/Junk Dealer. Transition into Council Room + money after thinning. Sea Hag does not look good against most opponent strategies since there is Hermit + Junk Dealer for trashing and Lighthouse for additional protection.

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »

Sea Hag is weak against Junk Dealer. Ironically, it has a huge impact on how to play the board anyway: both have to go for Junk Dealer first. Without Sea Hag, straight CR-BM would have been good, but here, it loses to someone who trashes and gets the Hag once his opponent committed himself to CR-BM.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:38 pm »

Islands aren't special here but there may be limited opportunities to use them. Two points just isn't significant in a colony game. As JW said, the stonemasons looks too good to ignore but you don't want to buy too many, just one or two to accelerate the deck. Lighthouse is weak actually since there's so much trashing that you almost want the opponent to buy a sea hag and slow themselves down.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 04:31:27 pm »

I keep telling myself that Stonemason is one of those cards that I need to say, "oh hey this is a stonemason board" at the beginning of the game, but I always seem to forget about it.

Also, Stef? was asking me how to get better at Dominion and I suggested the forum, so hopefully he makes an appearance here. He's pretty good already though.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 04:51:35 am »

Possible tricksy endgame tricks: Stonemason into 2 Islands with Quarry + $1.

But you really need CR for the Buy to do that.

You can potentially do it twice and get 8 VP for just Quarry + $3 if you have the +Buy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:53:02 am by Davio »

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.