Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 136909 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #875 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »

If another person successively votes for me without stating a reason I will drop this game and get mod killed. This has been three in a row.

I am here as a favor to RR. If you think I am scum or want me gone from the game state a reason. Otherwise I will assume you just don't want me to be playing here and leave.

Woah, woah, woah. Your reaction to this is going to just make more people vote for you.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 20, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »

If another person successively votes for me without stating a reason I will drop this game and get mod killed. This has been three in a row.

I am here as a favor to RR. If you think I am scum or want me gone from the game state a reason. Otherwise I will assume you just don't want me to be playing here and leave.

Woah, woah, woah. Your reaction to this is going to just make more people vote for you.

Then you can gauge them in my absence and read them as scum, because only scum would want to alienate a town player to the point of making them leave the game. And people are free to vote for me. But give reasons. Or at the very least, quote a post that I made that was worthy of a vote. One vote like that is fine. But I have three votes on me from people w/o reasons. That is a trend and a trend that isn't a good one.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »

Then you can gauge them in my absence and read them as scum, because only scum would want to alienate a town player to the point of making them leave the game. And people are free to vote for me. But give reasons. Or at the very least, quote a post that I made that was worthy of a vote. One vote like that is fine. But I have three votes on me from people w/o reasons. That is a trend and a trend that isn't a good one.

Of course, assuming you're town.

They may be voting for you based off of chair's actions the day before.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:39 pm »

nah I'm voting the G-wizard
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »

Anyways, time to do some reading.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 20, 2016, 09:50:20 pm »

Your reason why you can't be scum sounded vaguely like a thing you might make up as scum. It was also political, I have a thing where I'm pissing people off this game and voting you seemed like a good way to continue it.

The thing is... It isn't something I could make up as scum. I mean... I got placed into this game when I got placed into it. There isn't anything to make up there.

There is a chance that RR might have dropped me into this game as scum at the start of day, but I would have protested it and really... you have been a mod. Would you see yourself making that decision to sub in a mafia player at the end of night rather than at the start?

But your point is correct. As either mafia or town I would be trying to take advantage of this situation. My posting it doesn't make me scummy, it is good play to try and make myself look as townie as possible as town. So what we have to look at is what is most likely that a mod would do. I think my point is far more valid than the other option.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 20, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »

They may be voting for you based off of chair's actions the day before.

Then say as such.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 20, 2016, 09:53:36 pm »

Let me just say, I feel really good about our chances here, unless chairs was scum. Yuma is a really good player and we didn't have the night kill. We should be able to find these scum with no problem.

Vote: J Reggie

Could you explain this? From what I've read, you're a much stronger town player than chairs, so if you're town that's good. I'm really excited to be in a game with you.

There is a vig power in this game right? If so you certainly want chairs over me. I certainly don't think I am necessarily stronger. We have both had highs and lows. I tend to post more than chairs and therefore more vocal but that might not even be the case here.

And while I appreciate the compliment this does have sort of a "let's sheep Yuma" feel to it that leaves me wary. It is too easy to say that and then turn against me with "he is too good to be wrong" if I end up being wrong, which... You know sometimes I am... Especially coming in blind Day2.

It was this post that made me vote for you. It seemed not genuine to me for some reason

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 20, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »

Let me just say, I feel really good about our chances here, unless chairs was scum. Yuma is a really good player and we didn't have the night kill. We should be able to find these scum with no problem.

Vote: J Reggie

Could you explain this? From what I've read, you're a much stronger town player than chairs, so if you're town that's good. I'm really excited to be in a game with you.

There is a vig power in this game right? If so you certainly want chairs over me. I certainly don't think I am necessarily stronger. We have both had highs and lows. I tend to post more than chairs and therefore more vocal but that might not even be the case here.

And while I appreciate the compliment this does have sort of a "let's sheep Yuma" feel to it that leaves me wary. It is too easy to say that and then turn against me with "he is too good to be wrong" if I end up being wrong, which... You know sometimes I am... Especially coming in blind Day2.

It was this post that made me vote for you. It seemed not genuine to me for some reason

Cause it wasn't. I think I am the best mafia player ever (or at least a really, really good one) but no one has been able to fully recognize that of late. But I can't just come out and say that.... People want you to be humble and not say you are better than others and stuff.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 20, 2016, 09:57:45 pm »

Lynching Yuma now is like lynching someone D1. We don't have as much information on Yuma, since Chairs was not posting much. I think Yuma gets a pass for a day, though I'm not incredibly fond of the "justified town replaced at right time" argument he's giving. Seems a little contrived.

I'm looking more favorably on e right now. Either I or e got targeted last night, and I think there's enough of a chance of e being town PR here to go backwards on my vote.

Iguana Iguana is my prime suspect along with SS currently.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 20, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »

I think I am the best mafia player ever.

That would be Teproc. Have you seen him play? He's fantastic.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 20, 2016, 10:10:47 pm »

I think I am the best mafia player ever.

That would be Teproc. Have you seen him play? He's fantastic.

Have I seen him play? Son. I modded the first game he was in. He is fantastic.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 20, 2016, 11:54:48 pm »

I'm looking more favorably on e right now. Either I or e got targeted last night, and I think there's enough of a chance of e being town PR here to go backwards on my vote.

"Enough of a chance"? Barring a counterclaim I would say he's an IC.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 21, 2016, 12:42:46 am »

OK:

Day1 Catch-up time, just making notes as things stand out. If you didn't have anything it is cause stuff didn't stand out, not that you weren't posting

Player list:
1. Gkrieg13 - 140 agree that his catch up post was scummy
2. Awaclus - absolutely nothing worthwhile to read him by. He will disagree. He always does. Far superior lynch option to EgorK (confirmation bias working here as I know EgorK was town). oh, now i have something scummy to read him on, his move to 2.7. Town!Awaclus wouldn't move a vote here I don't think. Too useful to town. Same with move to EgorK (oh that came after the softclaim.... so nevermind on that second part).
3. Haddock - 218 townie post from haddock; haddock is doing some huge posts. Reads town, at least for now.
4. Pingpongsam - 265 see below - 400 is a good enough post; 438 made me throw up in my mouth; 452 is provably false
5. Silverspawn - 114 first scummy post of game; 160 felt like posts he made in Treehugger mafia; 267 see below; 349 scummy vote moving from ss to iguana; pitting themselves more against each other; scummy vote on haddock 505
6. Joseph
7. Iguanaiguana - 245 - why want to play like awaclus? 285 - good post from iguana, going back and pulling research to prevent a lynch is generally more of a town play. Only way this makes sense as mafia is if Joseph/ii are partners together. This that he is town + his case (290) on townie 2.7 make me more suspicious of those that sheeped him. Vote Counts are scarce, will have to manually figure out who those people are but looks like most people voted before he made his case... hmmmm.... super townie tunneling. I mean not townie to tunnel, but he has got to be town the way he is doing it. And then you had to go an self vote and ruin it all... Boo
8. ADK - I get the others sticking hard and fast to Joseph, but not ADK. I didn't see anything else to make me think he was scummy except for this.
9. 2.7 - hasn't been counter claimed so rereading with assumption he is town?
10. Chairs: had town reads on:     had scum reads on: Joseph
11. EgorK
12. J Reggie
13. Seprix - 189 see below; 253 see below; another scummy post (336) saying he would be fine lynching but doesn't actually want to. same as 382; 499 - lurker lynches in later days make no sense to me - bad vote on haddock; scummy vote moving back to joseph late.

Thoughts on major wagons:

Joseph (6): Gkrieg13, 2.7, Awaclus, Iguanaiguana, ADK, Reggie

seemed like a lazy wagon, but maybe not scummy. I didn't get scum reads on anything that Joseph said; felt like his reaction to being hammered was nullish to townish; don't like Seprix's vote (189) on Reggie for putting him at L-1. Why focus on only the L-1 vote when any unvote could have moved him back to L-2. Don't get scum reads from gkrieg/awaclus wanting hammers. Fake hammers are mildly annoying and generally not actually trying to be fake  but accidental, but don't think they are scummy. Seprix comes off as super scummy in general in regard to Joseph. His 253 in particular. So is PPS coming in late (265) on the parade (same as ss, 267). Oh man! So did chairs (272)! Well if he did it and is town then everyone else who did it must be town right? Right? Nah.

2.7 voters: Joseph early, ss (230), iguana (243), gkrieg (247), reggie (249), seprix (250) (don't know if there were any unvotes in this process) iguana makes his case here (haddock 290)

By time vote count came around was at:
(328) 2.7 (5): silverspawn, Iguanaiguana, gkrieg13, Seprix, Haddock

EgorK: 2.7 starts; ss jump starts, iguana joins-leaves; joseph joins; J Reggie joins; gkrieg joins after the Joseph wagon; ADK joins

Egork (7): 2.7, silverspawn, J Reggie, Joseph2302, A Drowned Kernel, Haddock, Awaclus

Joseph2302 second wagon (6): A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, pingpongsam, chairs, iguanaiguana, Seprix (second go round) I think here that if Joseph is scum another scum partner buss hammers him. Second time getting to L-1, lynch looks eminent (EgorK known to be town says he will hammer). So I don't think he is scum.

2.7 second wagon: gkrieg13, Haddock, Seprix, Iguganaiguana, EgorK

tl:dr

Town reads on: iguanaiguana, Joseph, Haddock
Null on: Reggie (lots of people reading him town, I am not so certain but probably the towniest of the null players), gkrieg
Scummy on: ss, seprix, ADK - mostly on ss, somewhat on seprix, kinda on ADK
scummy at least partially due to a bias: Awaclus, pps more on Awaclus than pps, but also just can't read

vote: ss

it is late, but I'll formalize the posts and why they stuck out to me more tomorrow.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 21, 2016, 12:43:50 am »

also want to look at the wagons a little bit more in depth. The lack of vote counts makes this difficult, but I can try and sort them out in a way that makes them a bit more readable and useful.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 21, 2016, 12:53:46 am »

I actually agree with yuma's reads. Except for his Seprix read who I think belongs on the townie side of null.

I also believe Awaclus has been townie thus far as far as I remember

vote: ss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 21, 2016, 12:55:33 am »

Ok it looks like everyone wants a full claim of fruits, so I'll claim everything.

I received both a raspberry and a guava last night.

I ate the raspberry. I did not eat the guava.

The thing that I think could tell us which is which is when I received them. I got them almost a day apart; the guava was first, then the raspberry. This leads me to believe that I received them in the order they were sent. I think it might be possible to find out which one is from e if he tells me when he sent his. That way I will know whether it's worth it to use the guava or not.

Well that is interesting.  I had a strong town read on Reggie D1 which is why I gave him the fruit.  That and being a PR is fun so why not spice up his first game a bit.  Trying to guess which fruit you got based on when you received them feels a little wrong, but I am pretty sure that my fruit was the raspberry.  I was concentrating on other things (you know, that game that just ended) so my submission was a little late.  I specifically asked RR if I would know which fruit I gave after I gave it and he told me no, so no helping there.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 21, 2016, 12:56:35 am »

Vote: Gkrieg

Pretty sure he's been reverse-engineering my scumreads this game.

What does this mean?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:21 am »

Also.  Yuma is town.  Reggie is town.  PPS is probably town.  Iguana feels like he is flailing (correct usage there silverspawn?  I know you had to correct someone for it in the mafia championship game) around trying to find something to flavor his socks with, but still probably town

I could see Seprix, silverspawn, ADK as scum. 

Other people exist in the game too.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 21, 2016, 01:09:28 am »

I like wagons, and while the silverspawn one is nice, I want to explore

vote: ADK

His reads have felt very correct all game.  Opens up on my against policy voting.  Votes against Joseph for his scummy jokes about being scum.  Is opposed to my lynch because he isn't feeling it.  Joins the EgorK wagon (reluctantly) to help get a lynch.  All very....proper votes.  But they don't really ring all that townie

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 21, 2016, 02:23:33 am »

So, is anyone going to counterclaim JReggie. If not, he seems pretty towny, since scum gave him fruit.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #896 on: May 21, 2016, 04:00:37 am »

Then you can gauge them in my absence and read them as scum, because only scum would want to alienate a town player to the point of making them leave the game. And people are free to vote for me. But give reasons.

Vote: yuma
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 21, 2016, 06:15:03 am »

silverspawn - 114 first scummy post of game; 160 felt like posts he made in Treehugger mafia; 267 see below; 349 scummy vote moving from ss to iguana; pitting themselves more against each other; scummy vote on haddock 505

It'd be nice if you could link them, otherwise I have to search them all myself.

Why is 114 scummy?
Why is 160 reminiscent of the tree game?
Why is 267 ... whatever it is? What is it, even?
Why is 349 from ss ? I didn't vote for myself. I just voted igu.
Why is 505 scummy?

I feel like you just pulled random posts there and added a 'is scummy' at the end.

To make things easier - 114:
vote: E

not buying it. Those things happened to me a lot as either alignment. Plus, he's been scum so much, he's probably used to speaking from that perspective.

160:
What fruits? I haven't read the setup.

I'm kidding of cousre. Also, moat

Moving on.

There's not a whole lot to talk about in terms of theory I think. Claiming doesn't do anything interesting. There doesn't seem to be some sort of broken "follow the cop" type plan. Eat fruit at your own discretion.

I'm finding gkrieg's reads list to be scummy.

100% agree. town read on ADK and vote: gkrieg.

267:
err anyway on the game.

I'm with pingpong (I think?); Joseph's talk about lynching anti town players is pretty ridiculous. No idea how many votes he has right now, let me get up a count before I vote.

349:
Here is my conclusion:

e is spot on. iguanda is scum. vote: iguanda

505:
{{Haddock Case}}

vote: Haddock

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 21, 2016, 06:28:10 am »

Unofficial Vote Count:

yuma (2): Joseph2302, Awaclus
gkrieg13 (2): A Drowned Kernel, iguanaiguana
silverspawn (2): yuma, gkrieg13
A Drowned Kernel (1): e

Not Voting (5): Haddock, Seprix, silverspawn, pingpongsam, J Reggie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 21, 2016, 06:29:00 am »

Eh. None of these wagons is any good.

I think I'll make a reads list or something.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.