Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 138152 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2016, 05:43:19 pm »

and then you used it after that and now it doesn't have a 100% success rate anymore.

RMM31 is my latest finished game.

I don't agree with Awaclus.  Just in principle, people don't have to do a million towny things to be town.  They just need to not do lots of scummy things.

In particular, this:
they are innocent and that all the evidence suggests that to be the case.
is just false.  It is not always the case that all the evidence points to townies being town.  Sometimes towny people do stupid things and it makes them look scummy.

It's not about individual things. It's about a consistent narrative throughout the entire game.

Also, the moment you decide to do something stupid as town, you implicitly accept that it's probably going to cause you to lose the game. Therefore, it's good to assume that people don't do anything stupid because that way we can maximize our odds of winning in the cases where any significant odds at all still exist. To put it another way, we need to be able to have faith that town plays well, and town also needs to play well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 16, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

and then you used it after that and now it doesn't have a 100% success rate anymore.

I don't agree with Awaclus.  Just in principle, people don't have to do a million towny things to be town.  They just need to not do lots of scummy things.

In particular, this:
is just false.  It is not always the case that all the evidence points to townies being town.  Sometimes towny people do stupid things and it makes them look scummy.

It's not about individual things. It's about a consistent narrative throughout the entire game.

Also, the moment you decide to do something stupid as town, you implicitly accept that it's probably going to cause you to lose the game. Therefore, it's good to assume that people don't do anything stupid because that way we can maximize our odds of winning in the cases where any significant odds at all still exist. To put it another way, we need to be able to have faith that town plays well, and town also needs to play well.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes".

It's possible to make mistakes that don't immediately decrease our chances of winning to insignificant levels.  Playing well does not mean playing perfectly.

Don't you see?  If people like you didn't automatically assume that someone was scum as soon as they made a mistake, then small mistakes wouldn't drastically decrease our chances of winning!  But while you're around we HAVE to play perfectly or lose immediately. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

I'll respond to stuff tomorrow, not in the right frame of mind to do it competently now.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 16, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »

I wish we could make these kinds of conclusions

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #604 on: May 16, 2016, 05:58:11 pm »

Don't you see?  If people like you didn't automatically assume that someone was scum as soon as they made a mistake, then small mistakes wouldn't drastically decrease our chances of winning!  But while you're around we HAVE to play perfectly or lose immediately.

Not automatically assuming that someone is scum as soon as they make a mistake drastically decreases our chances of winning, because that way we can't tell who's actually scum and who isn't.

We win when we play perfectly, so I don't see the problem.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2016, 02:14:27 am »

I was more busy than I anticipated. Sorry about that, would I know I would not sign up for the game.

Joseph is ok lynch. Consider this intent to hammer, though I'm not sure when is the next time I'll be online

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2016, 04:29:05 am »

In particular, this:

"Town players don't do stupid things as town"- guessing you don't remember ever playing with me before then.
As town I often do stupid things, the worst one I can remember was being in a neighbourhood with Hydrad and we both told each other we were scum, when we were both town.
Therefore, me doing stupid things in this game isn't a scumtell.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:02 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:36 am »

"Town players don't do stupid things as town"- guessing you don't remember ever playing with me before then.
As town I often do stupid things, the worst one I can remember was being in a neighbourhood with Hydrad and we both told each other we were scum, when we were both town.

Yes it is. You should have learned from experience that you shouldn't do stupid things.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2016, 05:56:41 am »

Yes it is. You should have learned from experience that you shouldn't do stupid things.
But I haven't. Even in games where I try not to do stupid things, I usually end up doing them.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2016, 06:09:19 am »

But I haven't. Even in games where I try not to do stupid things, I usually end up doing them.

[x] Doubt

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2016, 07:05:55 am »

I do stupid things a lot. In and outside Mafia. The question du jour is if these last minutes for Joseph look like scum hoping for a reprieve or town commiserating a pending mislynch.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 17, 2016, 07:10:41 am »

I do stupid things a lot. In and outside Mafia. The question du jour is if these last minutes for Joseph look like scum hoping for a reprieve or town commiserating a pending mislynch.
You can lynch me if you want, it isn't the worst lynch, although it's not the best either.

But first think about this question:

When I flip town (from everyone else's perspective it's "If I flip town"), then who were the scum on my wagon?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 17, 2016, 07:24:51 am »

When I flip town (from everyone else's perspective it's "If I flip town"), then who were the scum on my wagon?

Let's see

Unofficial Vote Count:

pingpongsam (1): Egork
Egork (4): e, silverspawn, Joseph2302, J Reggie
e (2): gkrieg13, Haddock
Joseph2302 (6): A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, pingpongsam, chairs, iguanaiguana, Seprix

interesting. Looks worst for chairs and Awaclus I think. Best for ADK and Awaclus if you flip scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 17, 2016, 07:25:21 am »

Really hope you do that. Flipping scum, that is. Just think about how much you could help town!

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2016, 07:56:09 am »

Really hope you do that. Flipping scum, that is. Just think about how much you could help town!
Not gonna happen, soz.

Also, I'm at L-1 :( who didn't announce that?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 17, 2016, 07:56:57 am »

Seprix announced it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 17, 2016, 08:44:37 am »

Not gonna happen, soz.

I know, it's funny how there's no even slow hammer, here. Like it's being resisted because...

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 17, 2016, 09:15:55 am »

Not gonna happen, soz.

I know, it's funny how there's no even slow hammer, here. Like it's being resisted because...
Well, Egor has intent to hammer.

And I'm considering just self-hammering- wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for town.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:07 am »

By the way, I'm VT.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:27 am »

can't we just stop this and lynch Egork instead?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:30 am »

What's up with all the suicidal townspeople?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 17, 2016, 09:42:55 am »

It's a symptom of the disease
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 17, 2016, 09:44:00 am »

I kinda think Joseph and Egor are both town...

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 17, 2016, 09:44:52 am »

Like, basically the way I'm reading this is that scum is sitting on the Egor wagon saying "Let's lynch him instead" so that tomorrow we have another mislynch to do instead of lynching them.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 20 queries.