Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Epic Fail game  (Read 2714 times)

painted_cow

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
Epic Fail game
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

hey folks, this is a example of how you should NOT play (a game by me some days ago):

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110606-073454-c850107c.html

I really tried a unconventional strategy which cant really work without some trashing. I think that is my worst game I have played on Isotropic and really deserved the loss. In hindsight I can only laugh, that I had like nothing on turn 25 and left the game because it was so humiliating for me :-)

Maybe others have made crap like this too

Mean Mr Mustard

• Witch
  • First to 5000 Isotropic wins
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Fail game
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:37 am »

HI have found that Watchtower engines can work but they require Festival Hamlet or FV or the like.  Also, they are kind of slow ramping up and are vulnerable to focused opponents.  It is sweet when they work well.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110608-144714-bd03f854.html
Jake <a href=http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/17/game-20120317-030206-6456f97c.html>opening: opening: Silver / Jack of All Trades</a>
<b>IsoDom1 Winner:  shark_bait
IsoDom2 Winner: Rabid
Isodom3 Winner: Fabian</b>
Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatári, Utúlie'n auré!

Not a Cylon

• Steward
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:48:34 am »

I've found that Watchtower isn't an engine card so much as a terrific utility card — it's a bit of Moat, Library, Royal Seal, and, um, Make Goons Even Awesomer rolled into one.

I mean, Festival/Watchtower is pretty sweet, but Festival/Library is much better. And in this game, Throne Room/Pawn/Watchtower was neat, but KC/KC/Rabble just blew you out of the water.

But I do like Watchtower, precisely because it's so flexible; it's quite common that I use it in three different ways in the same game. Which is fun. It's just not something I see and immediately start planning around.

Taco Lobster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »
+1

My best epic fail was a game with saboteur and king's court.  I was irrationally annoyed at my opponent for even playing saboteur, and after getting hit by it 2-3 times, I went insane and bought 3 of them and started kc'ing them.  I would hit him with 2-5 per turn.  His deck was demolished, and yet I still couldn't be bothered to do something like, ya know, buy green cards or even treasures.  On my last turn, I hit him yet again with a kc'd saboteur, he trashed down to some estates and the game ended on piles.  I realized I only had one estate in my entire deck and bought another one (I only had $3 in hand). 

I lost, 2-3.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.