Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: WanderingWinder makes a YouTube Channel  (Read 67588 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
Re: WanderingWinder makes a YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »

A new batch of videos up.

You are awesome and having new videos is awesome!
Seconded.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »

Holy crap! He has returned. Love your videos. You're an amazing player to learn from.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:15 am »

More vids up nowly. There are a few rounds of the tournament up, probably the first two aren't quite up to quality - that was a really bad day for me. But the Third round should be good. Also the batch of random games from this morning.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 03:52:11 am »

More vids up nowly. There are a few rounds of the tournament up, probably the first two aren't quite up to quality - that was a really bad day for me. But the Third round should be good. Also the batch of random games from this morning.

!!! Yay!

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:53 pm »

Your videos are still as awesome as ever. Love the way you came back in the semis without even playing BM!

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:39 pm »

If I was WW I would be somewhere between   :), :o:(???::):'( and  :D everytime I read such posts. He is very good at BM - but you know what: he is awesome when it comes to other deck styles, as well. That's why he's got the third highest skill on the leaderboard right now.

Sidenote: nothing personal on you, it's just kind of funny to reduce him to BM and alternate VP - although I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant to say.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:13:08 pm by lespeutere »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »

Eh? I read that the other way, it points out he is known for his BM, but also excels in all forms
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »

Thanks Ozle, when I think of WW, I think if BM, because he is able to put those decks together well enough to beat a lot of engines. However, when it is time to build an engine, he knows when and how to do it...usually ;)

BTW, I believe he is #2 right now.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 09:29:51 am »

I was referring to skill, not level, and with regard to that, oddly specific is still higher. I took a rather quick look, though, so I might have been wrong.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 11:09:32 am »

I'm fairly sure you are both right - things move around with time.

Qualdrion

• Swindler
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:05 am »

I have watched close to all the videos (95%+) and love it :)
I really feel like it improves me as a player over time, especially in realizing how potent alternate VP other than gardens actually can be. Silk Roads is really fun to play for some reason :D

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:02 am »

I just remembered that I have been watching your videos for 1 year!.....well not the whole time. But every time you post 'em I watch 'em.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47:16 am »
+1

I listen to your videos while I do the dishes...they're awesome! Keep up the good work!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 06:17:15 pm »
+1

Your newer videos seem to be longer than the old ones were. Do you think it's because you are playing more engine-y these days?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »

I am posting more videos now (Edit: Going on a barrage of them this week to send iso dom off), though they are taking ages to upload (somehow my upload speed, and overall internet is a good bit slower than it was - I think it's just today (I hope so, at any rate)).

Look at the one titled 'Ze Planne' where I go over more what I want to do with the channel than the actual game. I would like to periodically keep putting videos up of different strategy things.

Spades I have played a lot of and think I'm pretty good at. And I can go into my thought process a fair bit. They do take a while though, and I get bored between hands and tend to look at other stuff, which is dead time I don't know how I'd fill.

Chess I have played way more than any other game, including Dominion. I am, well, I'm okay. Over the board, I am a nick below Candidate Master. But most of what I play online is very fast blitz, which I am much worse at. You may cringe a lot at tactical oversights, because I can get tunnel vision.

Backgammon - I like to think I'm pretty good, but may not actually be. I like it though, and it has similar luck/strategy implications to dominion in some ways. This is one of them I'm more keen on.

Magic the Gathering (online) - the most obvious, probably. Would be limited, probably drafts. But I haven't played in maybe 6 years (Kamigawa block... yeah), and it is probably $$-prohibitive at this point, so I wouldn't hold your breath (how expensive is a pack these days? I really don't know; nor do I know all the mechanics or new keywordings).

Some video game a la LoL - I am pretty bad, not that strategic, and have pretty terrible APM.

Innovation is a thought, but I have never played nor looked at the rules. How long do you think it would take to learn? And I may not like it, apart from being terrible.

RftG - played a bit on Keldon's AI. Never played with any expansions. Probably terrible (what's a good winrate against that thing? - good players approach 100%?) Not exactly my favorite.

Arimaa - little known board game. World championships coming up. Actually really spectator friendly, I think. I learned about it from the former World Champion (who I've met twice and surely wouldn't remember me). I quite like this idea, though I'm not all that good at this either.

Shogi - fascinating, but tactically I'm terrible, and well that's the game. Also don't know where I'd play it.

Go - Again, I am terrible.

Bridge - don't like it so much, don't know any of the conventions, but it's alright. Would be frustrating watching me get frustrated at people yelling at me for not following bidding conventions.

Pokemon - has been suggested. Won't happen. Well maybe if you mean the video game, but gosh that would be boring. Also dunno how I'd video it.

Cribbage - played this since I was like three. Like it quite a bit, but probably not *great* since strategy seems so simple.

Gin - almost the same story as Cribbage.

Stratego - where would I play this online? I have very little experience.

Probably I'm forgetting some as well.

Best ideas, to my mind, are Chess, Spades, Backgammon, Gin, Cribbage, and Arimaa. I may try all of them to some extent or another. We'll see. But I'm also looking for more suggestions from others.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:35:09 pm by WanderingWinder »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

It would probably require quite a big investment of time to learn (though probably not more than getting up-to-date with magic) but Android: Netrunner is an absolutely fantastic game that has a player-to-player online implementation. I would absolutely watch that. And I mentioned it somewhere else, but I think Netrunnerstrategy.com or the like is just going to happen sometime, it is such a good game.

If you don't know anything about the game, it has elements of tableau-building, hand management, and a lot of bluffing.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »

It would probably require quite a big investment of time to learn (though probably not more than getting up-to-date with magic) but Android: Netrunner is an absolutely fantastic game that has a player-to-player online implementation. I would absolutely watch that. And I mentioned it somewhere else, but I think Netrunnerstrategy.com or the like is just going to happen sometime, it is such a good game.

If you don't know anything about the game, it has elements of tableau-building, hand management, and a lot of bluffing.

Is there a computerized version? If not, it might be interesting (though at a certain point, cost is going to be an issue - I would definitely look at it though), but I wouldn't be videoing it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:17 pm »

Is there a computerized version? If not, it might be interesting (though at a certain point, cost is going to be an issue - I would definitely look at it though), but I wouldn't be videoing it.

Yes, there's an online implementation through OCTGN. You can learn more about it and find a link here. The only issue I could see is that the card text is blurred out, so it is fine when you know what they do, but could be a barrier for people trying to learn the game through your videos. I would play on there but it's currently only for Windows and I mainly use Mac.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:32 pm »

not sure how familiar you are with it, but i would recommend playing puerto rico. it's mostly a tactical game, so you might enjoy that with a chess background. i used to play quite a bit online (via this site) before i found dominion but i am not sure where the best place to play it is these days.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2013, 04:08:02 am »
+1

I would enjoy Chess videos.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:20 am »

I have not played Innovation either, but I've looked through the rules and it seems pretty straightforward. I would love to see some videos on it.

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:19 am »

not sure how familiar you are with it, but i would recommend playing puerto rico. it's mostly a tactical game, so you might enjoy that with a chess background. i used to play quite a bit online (via this site) before i found dominion but i am not sure where the best place to play it is these days.

You can play a lot of live games on BoardGameArena including Puerto Rico. Also Yucata.de is becoming more of a live game site now.

Fumanchu

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 01:52:55 pm »

You might want to have a look at www.boardspace.net, it has dozens of abstract strategy games and it's free

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 01:14:52 am »
+1

Now that you play on Goko, do you plan to do more dominion videos? I learned alot from you!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 03:31:46 am »
+1

Now that you play on Goko, do you plan to do more dominion videos? I learned alot from you!
WW plays goko?

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.