Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: WanderingWinder makes a YouTube Channel  (Read 67801 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
WanderingWinder makes a YouTube Channel
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »
+13

The URL is here: www.youtube.com/user/WanderingWinder
I've got a couple dozen videos up. Apart from the tournament matches (which are the best), I'd recommend Masquerade Strategy most, followed by the two games where I play against ambassador.
I've got lots more videos over at the livestream place, though many of them aren't as good. I'm trying to post the best to the YouTube.
Please leave comments, suggestions, etc. I hope you enjoy!

JanErik

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: WanderingWinder makes a YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:33 pm »
+1

Awesome, I always have problems with Ambassador (playing it myself and playing against). The Videos helped me quite a bit.

If you can, host some more of them Ambassador games please. ;)

Will you be hosting only your games, or do you accept interesting replays send to you?

buggibum

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:40:03 pm »
+1

I'm a big fan of your videos.

Here are some things i like/dislike (its just my personal opinion):

- videos needs counter like "game001", so when there are 40 videos i know barely which ive already seen or not.
- Dont like spoilers in the title like strategy a kills strategy b.
- Be more consistent in the titles. Name opponent or main cards used in strategies. For instance: "[004] BM Masquerade vs. KC/Amb (Fabian)" something like that.
- Put videos on youtube into playlists, so i can watch them all at once. :D

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:51:48 am »

I agree with buggibum.

Also, I have organized all of these into playlists on the DominionStrategy channel.  I think this is the best way to do it: individual channels, with DominionStrategy as a hub to organize them all.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:38:24 am »

I love the naming strategy that buggibum suggests, although I don't mind seeing a spoiler in the title.

The one other suggestion I would give is to spend just a little bit more time at the beginning explaining how you evaluate the board. I know that you mention the key cards for you, but another sentence or two on why you think specific cards that are normally good won't cut it on this board, or why this board allows a specific card to shine, would be awesome.

Other than that, the videos are excellent! Please keep up the good work.

vulturesrow

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:53 am »

I love the naming strategy that buggibum suggests, although I don't mind seeing a spoiler in the title.

The one other suggestion I would give is to spend just a little bit more time at the beginning explaining how you evaluate the board. I know that you mention the key cards for you, but another sentence or two on why you think specific cards that are normally good won't cut it on this board, or why this board allows a specific card to shine, would be awesome.

Other than that, the videos are excellent! Please keep up the good work.

A standard naming convention that everyone who posts videos adheres to would actually be a really good idea. I think the suggestion so far is pretty solid.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:33 am »

I should say that the tournament naming conventions WW has used (Opponentname Game X) seems fine, and makes it easy to watch the match in order. Maybe buggibum's naming convention should be used for non-tournament games?

vulturesrow

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:16:27 am »

I should say that the tournament naming conventions WW has used (Opponentname Game X) seems fine, and makes it easy to watch the match in order. Maybe buggibum's naming convention should be used for non-tournament games?

Well the thing about using buggibums convention is that if I want to search all videos where say Goons was one of the primary cards used then it will find them all pretty easily. Maybe just append the tourney info to the suggested format where it applies?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:18 pm »
+1

I love your videos.

Your commentary is concise and to the point, your voice is understandable for non-native English speakers like me and of course, you're a great player.
I like the pace of your videos and how you are thinking out loud while playing. I think you've found a nice balance between things to say in your commentary and things to skip. Your expectance that the crowd already knows a thing or two about Dominion works well for me.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

I've put some more videos up. Probably I will try to get some that are more basic at some point, quite possibly not on my main account (Like, playing straight BM or playing straight BM+1; but I will lose way too often for my tastes). Or I guess I could have fixed sets to make it not count. Or sparring partners specifically for this if somebody wants to volunteer. But it's not a high priority.
Anyway, a few more videos, with a totally arbitrary numbering system. I expect any matches or anything for particular events I'll be in will be excluded, instead being titled 'whatever match, game 3' kind of thing. But for the random things, I'll just have the regular boring old numbers. I plan on putting maybe a little analysis on the games, possibly with the logs if I can find the time for it, in the comments. When I find the time.
Also, I find I can see all the comments in a YouTube inbox, so I'm trying to respond to them. At least, while there aren't too many.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:02:19 pm »
+1

You should try to put at least something in the title -- it's hard to tell different videos apart just by number. 

Remember that you can also rename your old videos.  I think the clearest way would be to number all your videos, in chronological order, like this:

001 - theory - Gardens
002 - Headso - DoubleJack v Vault
etc.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »
+3

You should try to put at least something in the title -- it's hard to tell different videos apart just by number. 

Remember that you can also rename your old videos.  I think the clearest way would be to number all your videos, in chronological order, like this:

001 - theory - Gardens
002 - Headso - DoubleJack v Vault
etc.
Yeah. I realized I needed some of this at least, about right after I posted, but I've been otherwise disposed the rest of the day.
There had been some backlash above against some of that, but as long as I don't say which wins, I think it'll be fine.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35:17 am »
+1

A baker's dozen more videos posted. Some decently different styles on them. Post there to tell me what you guys like/don't like.
I've also added a few comments.

I'm going to try to go over some logs post facto in a couple videos for a different style, but probably I won't have time for that until Sunday, or maybe next week.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 10:49:56 am »

@007:
Yeah, I was actually not so sure with the GS, I was going with my heuristics that gaining T1/2 gains Milita-like attacks are quite harmfull. So get one and than go for the IGGs. The bigger mess were the Ironworks I think, they costed me at least a Province (if they were a Silver), I was somehow preparing for finishing the Estates too early.

buggibum

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

I'm a fanboy. I watch all your videos, so im happy for new content. I always learn something out of it, even if i disagree sometimes with your strategy, but its still something i learn during the match you prove me right or wrong. In either case i learn something. I love how you draw all strategies and you see which strategy your opponent chooses.

I still have a couple of videos to left to watch... great!  ;D

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 04:30:52 pm »
+1

I also love the videos though I would like to point out that when you do that atrocious accent luck seems to turn against you. It's probably karma,  ;D.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:36 am »
+1

Awesome job WW! You've steadily gone from unsure as to how to do this to confident and precise. You sir, are a pro.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:10 pm »

A bunch more videos up. I would particularly recommend 027 through 030, 033, and 037

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

Awsome job! Really like your videos. Please host some games with posession, golem, and philosophers stone; I really don't like those cards. What would you do with them?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Cheese

• Swindler
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:44 am »

Oh dear god, I'm addicted.

ArjanB

• Spy
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 04:42:39 am »

Yeah I like this alot!

I watch alot of live chess videos ( kingscrusher, you might know him) and this is much alike.

Keep on going WW

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »
+1

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Wandering Winder for all your posts and videos. You have helped me immensely in my strategy and play-style. 
Keep on posting!

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 10:17:47 am »
+1

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Morgrim7 - if those cards come up, I will definitely do videos with them! I think there are some possession ones already, but you know, it's a card that's usually pretty well ignored... Phil Stone is almost always just an ignore card, and golem... well it really depends on the rest of the set. In a couple weeks, IsoDom Challenge will be alchemy-heavy, so these cards will probably see 3-4 games each.
ArjanB - yes, I quite like KC's YouTube channel as well!
aaron0013 - I don't want to shape your style, at least not to fit with mine! There are lots of other styles that are also good and probably more fun. cf. chwhite

Anyway, a new batch of videos went up a couple days ago. 039 is the most fun of the bunch.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »
+3

Been doing a LOT of recording recently. Switched my quality settings recently, which makes my computer much much happier - I record one copy of every video instead of three, and it's much less CPU-intensive. I still may need to fine-tune though. So let me know if my recent uploads are too high/low quality, I can tweak it. Now, I just uploaded like over 20 videos, but that's actually being choosy here. Like I said, I've been recording A LOT. But I also suggest you check out 051 vs theory, of the older ones, if you haven't checked it out yet.
Keep a lookout for the next round of IsoDom challenge, which is probably going up today too.

Also, sometime in the next couple days, I have a couple new ideas here which you can watch out for.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »
+5

Alright guys. It's going down. In that the quality of the videos is, hopefully, going up. I introduce to you: Dominion: The Next Level. Starting with game number 75, I'm making a concerted effort to talk through my strategy more, and, more importantly, think through my strategy more, to try to give a better impression of optimal play. I'll take all the support you guys give me (mostly in the forms of comments!) in this endeavour.

Also, I posted a couple intro to dominion how to play kind of videos.

Edit: Also figured out how to post longer-than-15 minute videos, which means that the long lost 3rd game of my match against allfail from the DS tourney last year has now been uploaded  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:52:16 pm by WanderingWinder »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 05:30:44 pm »
+6

I was wondering why it took you so long to start that game. I had no idea you were taking it to the next level! I wasn't ready for the next level.

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »

One question I have is why I only see 37 of your videos.  I look all over on the YouTube channel and can't find any except the first 37.  Any suggestions?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:59 pm »

The older ones are there, on the bottom of the page, if you click the 'next' or one of the numbered buttons.

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »

I've gotten two bluescreens with a "fatal exception error" (Windows XP) when trying to view videos on your livestream site. Anybody an idea what this could be, since it's only happening there?

Edit: Seen that you've uploaded (all?) on youtube, so I'll just watch there. Still interesting to know what's going on; the bluescreens are with firefox, with other browsers I can't even access the video library there.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:57:06 pm by def »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »

I've gotten two bluescreens with a "fatal exception error" (Windows XP) when trying to view videos on your livestream site. Anybody an idea what this could be, since it's only happening there?

Edit: Seen that you've uploaded (all?) on youtube, so I'll just watch there. Still interesting to know what's going on; the bluescreens are with firefox, with other browsers I can't even access the video library there.
Hmmm, I'm not getting bluescreens, but I am getting my computer to lock up pretty hard. Not sure what's going on.
Not everything's on YouTube, but I am uploading most everything that I think is actually of decently good quality.

I just uploaded like 24 videos yesterday. A word about them.

Game 080 is an alternate VP game [sp]where I lose. Instructive, I think, even if I'm a bit confused by it in the video. I actually do think I make the correct analysis at the end of the video as to what went wrong[/sp]
081 is a native village/bridge mirror, if you want to look at some idea how to play those. Not that I did so perfectly.
086 is a game that's a good example, I think, of how to play on a clear BM board.
087-089 are games where I [sp]win despite making serious endgame errors in each one. Interesting games, too.[/sp]
And, 079, 085, 095, 098, and 099 are just interesting.
Of course, I think all of them have some value.

I will try to post my latest IsoDom Match up from yesterday, sometime today.

Also, the video view counts for these are racking up, but my channel's total video view totals are stuck. Does anyone know what's up with that? I'm guessing it's something on the youtube end, but I do like keeping track of these things, so if you guys have any ideas, let me know.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 02:03:24 pm »

Youtube is notorious for being slow at updating total views; it's been a problem as far back as I can remember.  Individual videos likely have more views than it shows too.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
+2

Did a lot of work today, mostly setting up playlists. Also several new videos up, including lots of multiplayer. Enjoy. Also, the best link for getting at things is probably this one:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 03:20:30 am »
+7

I have trouble watching these because they clash with my picturing of WanderingWinder as a wise 70 year old man.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 03:51:59 am »

DS Qual 1 Gm 2 really really hurts watching...

edit: ... and just burst into laughing when spotting the tripple-oracle-collision of 3 oracles in a 100 card deck in Game 4

So better luck next time!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:12:25 am by DStu »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 11:38:59 am »

So, uh, when did youtube start transcribing the videos to having English text over them? It's pretty good, though there's lots of little problems, too. Maybe I need to start enunciating more....

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 11:48:07 am »

So, uh, when did youtube start transcribing the videos to having English text over them? It's pretty good, though there's lots of little problems, too. Maybe I need to start enunciating more....

I noticed that too in a video not from you yesterday. The idea is great (especially for a not native speakers like me), but it distracted me more, because of the many errors. Maybe Youtube changed something in the default video settings. But just click on CC and disable "Transcribe Audio" to get rid of.

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »
+1

So I listened to the first 30 seconds of one of your videos, and put the captions on. I'm sorry, but it was hilarious.

"all right, here with uh... uh... interested and here with wine magic and roman origin converse paranoid now used to be done through minority uh... his attire breaker uh... to be height last night and uh... doing the strategy qualifier to get into the seventies for the qualified torment for the u_s_ championships twenty twelve"

Yeah, I think they're still pretty far from making that feature work properly.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »

So I listened to the first 30 seconds of one of your videos, and put the captions on. I'm sorry, but it was hilarious.

"all right, here with uh... uh... interested and here with wine magic and roman origin converse paranoid now used to be done through minority uh... his attire breaker uh... to be height last night and uh... doing the strategy qualifier to get into the seventies for the qualified torment for the u_s_ championships twenty twelve"

Yeah, I think they're still pretty far from making that feature work properly.
What I actually said is:

"Alright I'm here with, uh, uh, mhmmm, interesting; I'm here with my match against RomaNorgy, uh, inverseParanoid now, used to be known as RomaNorgy, uh, as a tie-breaker, uh, cause we tied last night in the dominion strategy qualifier to get into the semis for their qualifying tournament for the U.S. Championships 2012"

You know, that's really darn impressive to me. Do you realize how HARD of a task that is?
Of course, it's not that close to actually being usable, but... well, maybe if I enunciate better. But I am quite impressed anyway.

Kelume

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »
+1

Just wanted to express my thanks for all the videos you've put up so far - I enjoyed them all, and will certainly watch any more you decide to put up. I feel like I learned a lot about the strength of alt VP in particular, but my play has improved substantially in a variety of subtle ways that I feel confident in attributing to these videos, so thanks.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 06:06:30 pm »
+4

I plan on getting back to this.... eventually. Busy now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »

I plan on getting back to this.... eventually. Busy now.
Make sure to post here when you do, checking the channel over and over again and not finding anything new can be frustrating. :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:10:32 pm by Eevee »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »
+5

More new videos, you say? Yes I say.
Going to try to get a flurry up before iso goes down, but we will see.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 01:57:49 am »

This makes me so happy. :D

Did you ever find out whether there would be a problem with recording games on goko?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 06:06:06 am »

This makes me so happy. :D

Did you ever find out whether there would be a problem with recording games on goko?
It might be when it goes live and people start paying for the game, thereby leaving the public domain.
I don't know a lot about legislation, but once people have entered the private game area, I think you need explicit permission from them and Goko, although it depens on a whole lot of things and it can be different specifically for the internet as opposed to just filming in the park.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

I haven't talked to them about it - they have bigger problems right now.
Also you may notice I am rusty in these games.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:36 am »
+1

I created a topic about this issue earlier today, because I really want to know this too. I hope we get some feedback.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 03:37:33 pm »

Are you planning on keeping making them through Goko? Games with Dark Ages cards would be really interesting.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
+15

A new batch of videos up.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 04:16:18 pm »
+2

You are awesome and having new videos is awesome!

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »
+1

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!

lol

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »

You are awesome and having new videos is awesome!
Seconded.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »

Holy crap! He has returned. Love your videos. You're an amazing player to learn from.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:15 am »

More vids up nowly. There are a few rounds of the tournament up, probably the first two aren't quite up to quality - that was a really bad day for me. But the Third round should be good. Also the batch of random games from this morning.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 03:52:11 am »

More vids up nowly. There are a few rounds of the tournament up, probably the first two aren't quite up to quality - that was a really bad day for me. But the Third round should be good. Also the batch of random games from this morning.

!!! Yay!

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:53 pm »

Your videos are still as awesome as ever. Love the way you came back in the semis without even playing BM!

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:39 pm »

If I was WW I would be somewhere between   :), :o:(???::):'( and  :D everytime I read such posts. He is very good at BM - but you know what: he is awesome when it comes to other deck styles, as well. That's why he's got the third highest skill on the leaderboard right now.

Sidenote: nothing personal on you, it's just kind of funny to reduce him to BM and alternate VP - although I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant to say.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:13:08 pm by lespeutere »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »

Eh? I read that the other way, it points out he is known for his BM, but also excels in all forms
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »

Thanks Ozle, when I think of WW, I think if BM, because he is able to put those decks together well enough to beat a lot of engines. However, when it is time to build an engine, he knows when and how to do it...usually ;)

BTW, I believe he is #2 right now.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 09:29:51 am »

I was referring to skill, not level, and with regard to that, oddly specific is still higher. I took a rather quick look, though, so I might have been wrong.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 11:09:32 am »

I'm fairly sure you are both right - things move around with time.

Qualdrion

• Swindler
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:05 am »

I have watched close to all the videos (95%+) and love it :)
I really feel like it improves me as a player over time, especially in realizing how potent alternate VP other than gardens actually can be. Silk Roads is really fun to play for some reason :D

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:02 am »

I just remembered that I have been watching your videos for 1 year!.....well not the whole time. But every time you post 'em I watch 'em.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47:16 am »
+1

I listen to your videos while I do the dishes...they're awesome! Keep up the good work!

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 06:17:15 pm »
+1

Your newer videos seem to be longer than the old ones were. Do you think it's because you are playing more engine-y these days?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »

I am posting more videos now (Edit: Going on a barrage of them this week to send iso dom off), though they are taking ages to upload (somehow my upload speed, and overall internet is a good bit slower than it was - I think it's just today (I hope so, at any rate)).

Look at the one titled 'Ze Planne' where I go over more what I want to do with the channel than the actual game. I would like to periodically keep putting videos up of different strategy things.

Spades I have played a lot of and think I'm pretty good at. And I can go into my thought process a fair bit. They do take a while though, and I get bored between hands and tend to look at other stuff, which is dead time I don't know how I'd fill.

Chess I have played way more than any other game, including Dominion. I am, well, I'm okay. Over the board, I am a nick below Candidate Master. But most of what I play online is very fast blitz, which I am much worse at. You may cringe a lot at tactical oversights, because I can get tunnel vision.

Backgammon - I like to think I'm pretty good, but may not actually be. I like it though, and it has similar luck/strategy implications to dominion in some ways. This is one of them I'm more keen on.

Magic the Gathering (online) - the most obvious, probably. Would be limited, probably drafts. But I haven't played in maybe 6 years (Kamigawa block... yeah), and it is probably $$-prohibitive at this point, so I wouldn't hold your breath (how expensive is a pack these days? I really don't know; nor do I know all the mechanics or new keywordings).

Some video game a la LoL - I am pretty bad, not that strategic, and have pretty terrible APM.

Innovation is a thought, but I have never played nor looked at the rules. How long do you think it would take to learn? And I may not like it, apart from being terrible.

RftG - played a bit on Keldon's AI. Never played with any expansions. Probably terrible (what's a good winrate against that thing? - good players approach 100%?) Not exactly my favorite.

Arimaa - little known board game. World championships coming up. Actually really spectator friendly, I think. I learned about it from the former World Champion (who I've met twice and surely wouldn't remember me). I quite like this idea, though I'm not all that good at this either.

Shogi - fascinating, but tactically I'm terrible, and well that's the game. Also don't know where I'd play it.

Go - Again, I am terrible.

Bridge - don't like it so much, don't know any of the conventions, but it's alright. Would be frustrating watching me get frustrated at people yelling at me for not following bidding conventions.

Pokemon - has been suggested. Won't happen. Well maybe if you mean the video game, but gosh that would be boring. Also dunno how I'd video it.

Cribbage - played this since I was like three. Like it quite a bit, but probably not *great* since strategy seems so simple.

Gin - almost the same story as Cribbage.

Stratego - where would I play this online? I have very little experience.

Probably I'm forgetting some as well.

Best ideas, to my mind, are Chess, Spades, Backgammon, Gin, Cribbage, and Arimaa. I may try all of them to some extent or another. We'll see. But I'm also looking for more suggestions from others.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:35:09 pm by WanderingWinder »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

It would probably require quite a big investment of time to learn (though probably not more than getting up-to-date with magic) but Android: Netrunner is an absolutely fantastic game that has a player-to-player online implementation. I would absolutely watch that. And I mentioned it somewhere else, but I think Netrunnerstrategy.com or the like is just going to happen sometime, it is such a good game.

If you don't know anything about the game, it has elements of tableau-building, hand management, and a lot of bluffing.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »

It would probably require quite a big investment of time to learn (though probably not more than getting up-to-date with magic) but Android: Netrunner is an absolutely fantastic game that has a player-to-player online implementation. I would absolutely watch that. And I mentioned it somewhere else, but I think Netrunnerstrategy.com or the like is just going to happen sometime, it is such a good game.

If you don't know anything about the game, it has elements of tableau-building, hand management, and a lot of bluffing.

Is there a computerized version? If not, it might be interesting (though at a certain point, cost is going to be an issue - I would definitely look at it though), but I wouldn't be videoing it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:17 pm »

Is there a computerized version? If not, it might be interesting (though at a certain point, cost is going to be an issue - I would definitely look at it though), but I wouldn't be videoing it.

Yes, there's an online implementation through OCTGN. You can learn more about it and find a link here. The only issue I could see is that the card text is blurred out, so it is fine when you know what they do, but could be a barrier for people trying to learn the game through your videos. I would play on there but it's currently only for Windows and I mainly use Mac.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:32 pm »

not sure how familiar you are with it, but i would recommend playing puerto rico. it's mostly a tactical game, so you might enjoy that with a chess background. i used to play quite a bit online (via this site) before i found dominion but i am not sure where the best place to play it is these days.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2013, 04:08:02 am »
+1

I would enjoy Chess videos.

Mad, I tell you.

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:20 am »

I have not played Innovation either, but I've looked through the rules and it seems pretty straightforward. I would love to see some videos on it.

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:19 am »

not sure how familiar you are with it, but i would recommend playing puerto rico. it's mostly a tactical game, so you might enjoy that with a chess background. i used to play quite a bit online (via this site) before i found dominion but i am not sure where the best place to play it is these days.

You can play a lot of live games on BoardGameArena including Puerto Rico. Also Yucata.de is becoming more of a live game site now.

Fumanchu

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 01:52:55 pm »

You might want to have a look at www.boardspace.net, it has dozens of abstract strategy games and it's free

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 01:14:52 am »
+1

Now that you play on Goko, do you plan to do more dominion videos? I learned alot from you!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 03:31:46 am »
+1

Now that you play on Goko, do you plan to do more dominion videos? I learned alot from you!
WW plays goko?

Mad, I tell you.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2013, 09:16:45 am »

He's number 4 on the leaderboard right now.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 09:23:58 am »
+1

Awesome! Yeah, how 'bout some goko videos, WW!

Mad, I tell you.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:10 am »
+1

I have managed to snag games with WW on Goko twice, and I managed to win one of them (mostly by luck).  I would love to see some Goko videos.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 11:19:17 am »

Clearly he's cheating :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2013, 01:08:05 pm »

Is there a reason you aren't recording on goko now that you've started playing?  :)

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 09:27:18 am »

I just got in one of his games yesterday! His game said 5k+ and I joined it. Only then did I see it was WW.  However, he kicked me out because he was waiting for someone else :'(  I hope I can play you someday WW.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »

That may have been me he was waiting for as we were playing a little series.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »

I just got in one of his games yesterday! His game said 5k+ and I joined it. Only then did I see it was WW.  However, he kicked me out because he was waiting for someone else :'(  I hope I can play you someday WW.

I played him twice today. Got my butt kicked big time.

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »
+1

Yes it was actually.  It's hard to get games with people unless you get together before-hand.  I do hope that WW puts up some Goko videos though.  I think I have watched pretty much all of his others.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2013, 11:27:33 pm »
+1

Yes it was actually.  It's hard to get games with people unless you get together before-hand.  I do hope that WW puts up some Goko videos though.  I think I have watched pretty much all of his others.

I would love to hear his thoughts on DA cards.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 08:59:33 am »

I'm pretty sure I didn't kick you because I was waiting for someone if my thing just said 5k+. Whenever I'm playing a series of games and want to ensure I get the particular guy, I will put something referring to their name in the table name. Often just putting 5k+ et al, I will get a series of games against the same person anyway, but this is just because it works out - if I have someone who meets the requirements join my table, I'll break the series. So my guess is either you weren't 5k+ pro, you are leaving a piece of information out, I mis-saw or accidentally hit the kick button (which I don't remember, but hey, I'm sure I possibly could have), or my memory is really bad and I don't remember somehow acting weirdly off of my established behaviour.

As for videos, I just haven't really been in the mood to make them, and I don't know if or when I will be. Goko-ness does not help this, that's for sure.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 03:41:52 pm »
+5

More videos?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »
+1

Yeah, more vids.

Also sorry about dropping out of that game yesterday, my laptop died on me. :(

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »
+1

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:05 pm »
+1

Yeah, more vids.

Also sorry about dropping out of that game yesterday, my laptop died on me. :(
Hey no problem. *I* actually feel bad about this kind of thing - I clearly didn't deserve to win that (in fact I think I liked your deck a little better when it got cut, but it was reasonably close), and I don't like winning in such a way, though obviously the rule is, in general necessary. Had basically the same thing earlier today vs Stef. The issue is, I don't think I can back out and cancel without losing it myself :/

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 05:32:08 am »

Yeah, no worries, luckily it was just that the battery was drained.
My laptop lives to fight another day.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 09:23:40 am »

Thanks for the videos!

Please can you record/upload the videos in better quality? I would prefer 720p like Qvist and Adam Horton. But 480p would be better too. This way it is hard to tell how many cards are in each deck. 5,6,8 and 9 look almost same in 360p resolution.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:16:18 pm by yed »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08:10 am »

Thanks for the videos!

Please can you record/upload the videos in better quality? I would prefer 720p like Qvist and Adam Horton. But 480p would be better too. This way it is had to tell how many cards are in each deck. 5,6,8 and 9 look almost same in 360p resolution.
No.

Okay, I spent about an hour yesterday upgrading the software I have and testing out different settings. Anything higher than what I have now and my computer audibly sounds unhappy with the amount of processing I am asking it to do. Hmm, *maybe* will see at some point if there's a different bit of software which will let me get quality without this problem... maybe.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2013, 12:21:35 pm »

Thanks for the videos!

Please can you record/upload the videos in better quality? I would prefer 720p like Qvist and Adam Horton. But 480p would be better too. This way it is had to tell how many cards are in each deck. 5,6,8 and 9 look almost same in 360p resolution.
No.

Okay, I spent about an hour yesterday upgrading the software I have and testing out different settings. Anything higher than what I have now and my computer audibly sounds unhappy with the amount of processing I am asking it to do. Hmm, *maybe* will see at some point if there's a different bit of software which will let me get quality without this problem... maybe.
Ok. Your videos are worth watching even in lower resolution :)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 12:56:48 pm »

Moar!
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 01:02:36 pm »

Thanks for the videos!

No.

Ok. Your videos are worth watching even in lower resolution :)
To clarify, I went back and looked, and it does bug me a little bit. So if I get some time, I will try to look into improving it. But my computer is a couple years old and has a problem with one of its fans, so I make no promises.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »
+5

Uploading a bunch more now. Was able to get the video quality up a little, but having some conssitency issues on the audio. Going to try to just remember to get things well-re-balanced each time I record, but a couple of them as are there, you may have adjust your volume for (in particular the last couple are very quiet). People have suggested doing things in my editing software, but I don't actually have any - nothing is being edited.

Oh, and 'the boring games', are, I think, comparitively boring, though in a number of cases still instructive. Truly bad games I am just not uploading.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2013, 09:29:44 pm »
+1

Nothing beats a good WW Dominion video. Or even a mediocre WW video. I spend all my lunches watching them!

Incidentally, viewers may recognize a certain challenger in two of the videos...  ;)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2013, 08:29:52 am »

What is the difference between the DG and the BG videos?

One suggestion: Could you click on your opponent before playing? So we can see the draw-pile, which is sometimes interesting.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2013, 01:08:14 pm »
+2

GD = Goko Dominion
BG = Boring Game

One suggestion: Could you click on your opponent before playing? So we can see the draw-pile, which is sometimes interesting.
Sometimes I do this, but usually I actually like to see the Action/Coin/Buy display.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2013, 01:49:08 pm »

I find your videos entertaining and informative, even the ones you labelled as "boring". However I find it very odd that you always refer to your opponent as "he", even when they have a female avatar. OK, so you addressed that point in exactly the next video that I watched, silly me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:51:51 pm by Warfreak2 »
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »

I find your videos entertaining and informative, even the ones you labelled as "boring". However I find it very odd that you always refer to your opponent as "he", even when they have a female avatar.

I don't find that odd at all, and I'm not sure why you would, either, since it's an extremely common linguistic practice.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54:43 pm »

Technically, the avatars aren't male or female - they're just avatars. Some of them are even reasonably ambiguous-seeming (to me anyway). But I would suspect that the majority even of the ones in obvious representations of females are actually males.

In any case, I don't know, and so I default to male pronouns. In general, this is not a conscious decision.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2013, 04:23:05 pm »

GD = Goko Dominion
BG = Boring Game

Sometimes I do this, but usually I actually like to see the Action/Coin/Buy display.
Ok, thanks.
I open the draw-pile, when there are no coin- or victory-chips. Then you can see the whole display.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2013, 06:14:45 am »

GD = Goko Dominion
BG = Boring Game

Ok, thanks.
I open the draw-pile, when there are no coin- or victory-chips. Then you can see the whole display.

All depends on your screen resolution. For me I can only see the draw pile or the Action/Coin/Buy display. Never both.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »
+2

GD = Goko Dominion
BG = Boring Game

So I watched a bunch of these games and then out of nowhere it started suggesting a slew of videos from a random rabbi that I'd never seen before. Didn't realize until later that our rabbi friend must have also had some videos with "GD" in the title...

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »

Incidentally, viewers may recognize a certain challenger in two of the videos...  ;)

There are a couple with you. Unfortunately, since then, it seems that every time we play, halfway through the game, someone needs to talk to me (I get a phone call or something) and end up not recording most of it! A shame too, because they're interesting games.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »
+1

It's me calling. I'm telling you to buy a Curse!

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2013, 01:42:50 pm »
+5

It would be awesome if your yudai series actually made it to yudai 214.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2013, 01:49:06 pm »
+3

Man, I literally laughed myself to tears watching your match against charlietuna.

In your videos you often say "I fully expect him to do X" in anticipation of an opponent's play. So when you possessed his Tactician turn and said "I fully expect him to complain about this", it sounded by association as if complaining about it would be a perfectly reasonable tactical decision, that was SO PRICELESS.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2013, 09:58:39 am »
+1

Livestreaming on the channel for a few hours, basically now.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »

Gonna try this again nowly (not that it didn't work the first time)

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2013, 05:21:55 pm »

You have disabled comments on your stream.

EDIT: It is disabled only from mobile phone app.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:45:07 am by yed »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2013, 07:22:44 pm »

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use the extension? Or do you just turn it off for recording?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2014, 07:57:55 am »

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use the extension? Or do you just turn it off for recording?
Because that means I would have to get the extension. I am generally the kind of person not to just download things. And I don't need it.

Anyway, going live with a stream nowly.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2014, 08:19:26 am »

I'm not able to watch, it says "an error occurred" and then overlays that with "please stand by".

Edit: it works on my phone, for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:22:28 am by Warfreak2 »
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2014, 09:33:56 am »

Darn, was going to challenge you but 5k only....that would require me to have played more than 10 games on Goko unfortunately!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:37 am »

i is learning

I'm not sure if its just me, probably because im at a much lower level. But sometimes it goes fast and I have no idea what your actually buying, so you play a load of cards, but then no idea what the aim of the turn is!

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »

Hi, WW

do you play music during the current stream on youtube? :-) I can't watch it from Germany. Youtube says it is blocked because of music rights...

Never had this. This is the first time it shows up.

Greetings,
SD

--> Here is a screenshot:

http://imageshack.com/a/img809/4765/5rw4.jpg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:22:02 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:46 pm »
+2

Yeah he does, generally Bieber, and Beyonce. But its probably the 1Direction, they are really strict when it comes to copywrite.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2014, 03:35:53 pm »

Huh. No music playing. Did have a music program open? Tried re-starting the stream - hopefully this will help?

Edit: Link:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:37:48 pm by WanderingWinder »

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »
+1

Dear WW,

thank you very much for your effort. I do get the same message with the second stream: "Blocked due to musical copyrights in Germany."

Have no idea what that is, because up to now I could watch all of your streams (and enjoyed it).

Well... Have a nice day anyhow.

Greetings,
SD

--> Screenshot: http://imageshack.com/a/img46/4827/e3s5.jpg

Strange, isn't it. I do not understand it either.

UPDATE 2014-01-26: This morning I can access the recorded videos. Yesterday night I couldn't. I am looking forward to watching the recording.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:52:26 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2014, 11:10:11 am »

Going live, trying to be a bit more in-depth on the thought process for each game.

Hopefully any weird copyright issues are resolved for all viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uBwFWnA71g

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2014, 11:19:20 am »

I'm in Outpost if you want to play a series again.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

Hello WW,

I am blocked again (Germany) for the same reasons (music copyright). I do not understand what Youtube is doing here. They might have a bad week.

Well, I will watch the recordings once they are declassified by Youtube, which might be tomorrow again. That's fine with me as long as I can watch them.

Thank you for streaming.

Regards,
SirD
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:13:28 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2014, 12:19:46 pm »

Hello WW,

I am blocked again (Germany) for the same reasons (music copyright). I do not understand what Youtube is doing here. They might have a bad week.

Well, I will watch the recordings once they are declassified by Youtube, which might be tomorrow again. That's fine with me as long as I can watch them.

Thank you for streaming.

Regards,
SirD
Youtube is fighting since years with the GEMA and both sides dont care for colleteral damage

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2014, 10:05:29 am »

After my stream yesterday was the best video I think I've made in years, I'm about to go live again for a couple hours this morning.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2014, 12:20:19 pm »
+1

I watched the Wharf vs. SP game prior to our games but closed the window when we started playing, and now I can't find the recording? I always thought it was saved automatically because your previous streams were available right away.

Edit: weird, I managed to find it by pressing Ctrl-Shift-T in Chrome a bunch of times, which restores recently closed tabs. The video works but is not accessible from your channel's home.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:35:36 pm by SheCantSayNo »

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2014, 03:17:03 pm »

weird, I managed to find it .... The video works but is not accessible from your channel's home.

Thanks. I was also looking for it. I guess it might appear later on the channel.

And yes, WW, I really enjoyed the video from yesterday. Great one.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:14:04 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:44 pm »

I am also befuddled - it isn't showing up for me either, though obviously the video is there....

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2014, 10:12:30 am »

Going live now! Still haven't figured out why the previous one didn't show up, and it still won't show up for me either on my side, but I was able to set up a playlist for that video (and any others that will happen to in the future)

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2014, 10:20:09 am »
+1

Dear WWinder,

I really loved your Deck Demonstration video (that you streamed yesterday).

At first I thought, well this video is only intended for beginners, and I am only watching it since there is nothing else from you these days. But then I quickly found out, that your explanations about what to do when and how indeed offered me some new insights.

It is always a pleasure when you contribute your insights about this wonderful game. Thanks.

Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:23 am »

I noticed you were streaming from your Twitch account -- is this your preferred method of streaming now? If so, I can update the link in the Live Streaming thread.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:38 pm »

Dear WW

I enjoy it very much that you started streaming again.

What happened to your stream today. The recording stops in the middle of a game and there is no continuation video, which is a shame. Did you have connection troubles?
Greetings,
SirDagen

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2014, 05:49:22 pm »

WW, I think your streams are disappearing from "past broadcatches", for whatever reason. I can't find some of the ones that were there a couple days ago.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2014, 06:15:27 pm »

WW, I think your streams are disappearing from "past broadcatches", for whatever reason. I can't find some of the ones that were there a couple days ago.

yes, unless a stream is "highlighted" it will disappear from twitch after two weeks.  If you want more information about why twitch does this you can read about it here.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2014, 07:09:22 pm »
+1

yes, unless a stream is "highlighted" it will disappear from twitch after two weeks.  If you want more information about why twitch does this you can read about it here.

Twitch is making some changes to the way they hold onto past broadcasts that aren't highlighted, yes. I've been getting lots and lots of E-mails about that recently from them.

But also, even before this, their default setting was to only save past broadcasts for a few days. You could go in and change it to have them save it for longer but a lot of people don't do that. I recommend to anyone that if they care about a certain video that they highlight it, and if they actually care they should export it to YouTube, but that's because I don't trust Twitch to be reliable and I trust YouTube.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:46 pm »
+3

Dear WW,

attached the chat from your League Match with DudeAbides. Thank you for streaming, discussing the game and keeping us entertained.
Greetings,
SirDagen

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2015, 07:11:56 pm »
+2

And another viewer service: The log from the league match against ADK. See you.
Greetings,
SirDagen

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2015, 11:13:14 am »

I loved the latest stream of yours. Excellent video quality, the new extension, great card size and of course the WW commentary. What more can I ask for? Thanks WW

http://www.twitch.tv/wanderingwinder/b/631860392
Greetings,
SirDagen
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.