Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's Discuss Adventures Events: Scouting Party  (Read 21650 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss Adventures Events: Scouting Party
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 06:10:27 pm »

I have no idea why Roadrunner hates a card that's called Scout, is actually good, and hat I've bought every time it's appeared online at least once a game. You're basically paying to cycle faster, and that's fantastic. I love skipping 3 green cards with this in the late game too.
If you have $2 with no Pearl Divers or stuff, or if you hit $7 and want a Festival, then Scouting Party is usually a bit better than nothing. But cycling is overrated (ask Chancellor) and discarding three cards that might be good isn't great.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »
+3

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 07:44:06 am »
+2

cycling is overrated (ask Chancellor)

You take that back.  Chancellor is awesome.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 09:03:58 am »
+5

I have no idea why Roadrunner hates a card that's called Scout, is actually good, and hat I've bought every time it's appeared online at least once a game. You're basically paying to cycle faster, and that's fantastic. I love skipping 3 green cards with this in the late game too.
If you have $2 with no Pearl Divers or stuff, or if you hit $7 and want a Festival, then Scouting Party is usually a bit better than nothing. But cycling is overrated (ask Chancellor) and discarding three cards that might be good isn't great.

Lol. If there are no tokens involved or you've drawn your deck, there is literally no reason to take Pearl Diver over Scouting Party. And discarding three good cards is perfectly fine aslong as you topdeck the two best cards that start your next turn.

edit: not drawn your deck*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:28:53 am by drsteelhammer »
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 10:48:50 am »
+1

The problem with Chancellor is twofold, it's terminal and it can appear on the bottom of your deck when the discard is pretty useless.

Having cycling as an event means you can always get it at the time you want to get it, you don't have to wait for it to appear in your deck. The benefits of events in general are the opportune times at which you can buy them.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 10:53:56 am »

Lol. If there are no tokens involved or you've drawn your deck, there is literally no reason to take Pearl Diver over Scouting Party. And discarding three good cards is perfectly fine aslong as you topdeck the two best cards that start your next turn.
IF YOU'VE DRAWN YOUR DECK WHY WOULD YOU BUY A SCOUTING PARTY?

Stop trolling guys.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04:22 am »

Pearl Diver is a perfectly good card. It is highly dependent on the situation whether or not Scouting Party is better (although it probably is, more often than not).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 03:10:49 pm »
+2

Stop trolling guys.

Let me try and reword what dr.sh said:
"I'm laughing out loud. [I believe he was speaking figuratively here]
Unless there are tokens involved or you've drawn your deck, there is literally* no reason to take Pearl Diver over Scouting Party."

*: for a given value of literality, conditions and edge cases may apply, you may read the full list of edge cases by contacting our representative R. Astley via Youtube.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5158
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 03:16:27 am »
+3

You bought 3 victory cards and 2 actions first and want to make sure you draw the actions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Max

• Baron
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 06:40:52 am »

Chancellor's problem is that it cycles too much - you put all good /and/ bad cards into the discard, and cycling is good because you get to play your key cards a lot. In games with junkers it's a really bad power because of it (until the curse deck is gone) whereas most cycling benefits from it.

Scouting party makes engines which rely on opening collision more viable. At a cost of two, that's pretty decent. The card isn't too interesting, though, it's rare you'll over pay a lot for it.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 07:45:54 am »
+1

You bought 3 victory cards and 2 actions first and want to make sure you draw the actions.

Also pretty nice if bought/gained any 4 cards and want to seed one of them for next turn
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:47 am »
+2

Also pretty nice if bought/gained any 4 cards and want to seed one of them for next turn

Or maybe you bought Tunnels and want some instant Gold.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.