Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: MJ's Cards  (Read 28026 times)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: MJ's Cards
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »

Old idea. Revised.
Eastern Merchant
cost $4 - Action
+1 Action
+2 Buy
+$2
Take an extra Buy phase immediately.
Buying a card in Action phase. Usually non-terminal Woodcutter. After resolving, you have a chance to play the bought card. Similar to Ironworks. Is it worth buying? Any simpler text?
A non-terminal qausi-Silver Action card is probably already a 4$ so I feel safe in claiming that this is overpowered.
The Black Market like idea is cool though.
I am not sure. Non-terminal Silver is just a Silver you can only play in Action phase. Not $4 but $3.
There are some non-terminal Silvers: Festival, Minion, Conspirator, Lighthouse, Fishing Village, Grand Market, and Mystic. $5-cost cards have a reason why they are $5. Festival: Village
Minion: instead draw 4
Mystic: draw 1/2
They cannot be $5 - game breaker.
Eastern Merchant doesn't break. Yes, it is not weak, but not worth $5 (although I will reduce 1 Buy). I gave it +1 Action because without this, it is uninteresting.
Ehm, I argued that pure Action-Silver is a 4$, not a 5$.
Eastern Merchant is significantly more than just an Action-Silver so this hovers somewhere between 4$ and 5$. There are ample of cards that provide from non-terminal coins and an ib-between Buy phase also sometimes matters.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2017, 08:22:32 am »

New idea. Baron and Peddler variant.

Sleeping Beauty
cost $3 - Action - Victory
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
You may discard a Victory card not to gain an Estate.

1VP
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:56:14 am by majiponi »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:00 am »

Wait, so you need to discard a VP card or else you gain an estate?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2017, 10:36:17 am »

Wait, so you need to discard a VP card or else you gain an estate?
Yes. Green grows when you use without green. Use it with Silk Road, Garden, Baron, or Watchtower.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2017, 11:15:26 am »

I think it should say "You may discard a Victory card. If you didn't, gain an Estate" then.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2017, 08:19:19 am »
+2

I think it should say "You may discard a Victory card. If you didn't, gain an Estate" then.

Fixed.

Sleeping Beauty
cost $3 - Action - Victory
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
You may discard a Victory card. If you didn't, gain an Estate.

1VP
Is it fun? Some awesome ways to use?

An Event to do something on opponent's turn.

Direct Trade
cost $1 - Event
Once per turn: +1Buy. Set aside a card from your hand and put your Direct Trade token on it. Ask each other player to swap it for their set-aside card. If agreed, swap them, putting into their new owners' hand. At the start of your next turn, trash the set-aside card and +$1.

Honey Fairy
cost $2 - Action
+1 Action
Choose one: take a coin token; remove your two tokens to duplicate a token you have.
Candlestick Maker variant from Heart of Crown. Works well with Adventures or Empires. You can duplicate your +1 Action token, removing your Coin tokens, sometimes removing your debt tokens.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:04:05 am by majiponi »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2017, 01:28:50 am »

Another idea. Just a prototype.

Manna from the Heaven
cost $2 - Action - Duration
For the rest of the game, at the start of your Buy phase, you may gain a Copper into your hand.
(This stays in play.)
Pixy 1
cost $2 Action
+$2
Gain a card. Each other player gains a copy of it.
Pixy 2
cost $2 Action - Attack
+$2
Each other player trashes the top card of their deck and gain the same cost card, their choice.
Pixy 3
cost $2 Action - Attack
+$2
Reveal a card from your hand. Each other player may reveal a copy of it from their hand, and if they didn't, they gain a copy of it.
Pixy 4
cost $2 - Action - Attack
Each other player may reveal a Pixy from their hand, and if they didn't, they gain a Copper.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:21:17 am by majiponi »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2017, 10:33:04 am »

An idea stole from Asper. The original was
Message in a bottle
+1 Card
+1 Action
The player to your right flips their Bottle token over. If it's face up, they draw a card.

When you buy this, put it and a copy of it in the discard pile of the player to your left.

I found a fun variant.
Pixy 5
cost $2 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

+$1
Your right player draws a card.

When you buy this, your left gains this instead.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2017, 10:44:54 am »
+1

Actually, I'd consider pure Action-Silver (that is, an Action card that just gives +1 Action, +2$) to be worth slightly less than Silver, not more. It has the disadvantage that it can be drawn dead, for example.

An idea stole from Asper. The original was
Message in a bottle
+1 Card
+1 Action
The player to your right flips their Bottle token over. If it's face up, they draw a card.

When you buy this, put it and a copy of it in the discard pile of the player to your left.

I found a fun variant.
Pixy 5
cost $2 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

+$1
Your right player draws a card.

When you buy this, your left gains this instead.

That was pacofv's take on the idea. The original idea didn't use the token flipping mechanic. Just for info.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:46:08 am by Asper »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »

Final version.

Pixy
cost $2 Action - Duration
Gain 2 Coppers, setting aside.
At the start of your each Buy phase, put any number of them into your hand.

It is a Begger, Butcher variant. It gives you 2 coin tokens at the price of $2. Unlike other Duration, it waits until you really need. I tried Reserve version, but this is crazy with Miser.

Other two: I conceived on another thread.
Shrewd Manager
cost $2 - Action - Duration
Choose one: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +$1.
At the start of your next turn, do the others.
Secret Well
cost $3 Action - Reaction
+1 Action
+1 Buy
Discard your hand and draw 5 cards.

When another player plays an Attack card, you may set this aside from your hand. If you do, look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Set aside one of them. Discard one of them. Put the other one on top of your deck.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:19:21 pm by majiponi »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2017, 01:29:33 pm »

Am I right asduming that Secret Well pseudo-trashes the card it sets aside? Because it doesn't ever state that the cards return to your deck. Same goes for itself.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2017, 10:04:03 am »

Am I right asduming that Secret Well pseudo-trashes the card it sets aside? Because it doesn't ever state that the cards return to your deck. Same goes for itself.
That card is discarded.

Some cards are revised. Next is one of them.

Nightingale
cost $0* - Action
Reveal three cards from your deck. Trash any number of non-Treasure cards. Discard the rest.
You can’t buy this if you have any Treasures in play.
She was Nurse, cantrip trasher, crazy. One day I thought "isn't costless Kingdom card nice?" It must not be so powerful, but has to be useful. I thought "hey, Nurse, do you like Treasures?" She is willing to help you without any Treasures. She doesn't mind Treasures. Trashing 3 cards without decreasing your buy power. Attractive, isn't she?

Maleficent
cost $3 - Action - Attack
+$2
Each other player gains a Curse.
When you buy this, put all cards from your hand onto your deck.
She was Broom. Its reaction part is used for another card. I needed a Curser costing $3 or $4 in my expansion. I tried some, but won't work. I tried penalty version, and here she is. Once the penalty was on-gain effect, but one day, my friend bought Messenger.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:00:07 am by majiponi »

weety4

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2017, 01:44:54 pm »

Nightingale should use the Lookout wording and is really too similar to Lookout to be interesting.
Maleficent is an auto-double-opening buy and far too good. Would probably be even too good at 4$ as the on-buy drawback is not that nasty.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2017, 03:55:53 am »

Nightingale should use the Lookout wording and is really too similar to Lookout to be interesting.
I wrote this as a variant of Survivor or Sentry, but yes, it is similar to Lookout. Is it too similar? This cannot prevent discarding good cards. This can remove three. Non-mandatory.
Maleficent is an auto-double-opening buy and far too good. Would probably be even too good at 4$ as the on-buy drawback is not that nasty.
Well, this is sometimes true, but sometimes not. When you have $5 on T1, you can double-open 90%, $4, 70%, $3, 60%, topdecking 2 cards. I don't think double-opening is a good idea - after T3, you have 4 cards on deck. You cannot play two Maleficents too often.

weety4

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2017, 05:01:31 am »

I wrote this as a variant of Survivor or Sentry, but yes, it is similar to Lookout. Is it too similar? This cannot prevent discarding good cards. This can remove three. Non-mandatory.
Well, this is sometimes true, but sometimes not. When you have $5 on T1, you can double-open 90%, $4, 70%, $3, 60%, topdecking 2 cards. I don't think double-opening is a good idea - after T3, you have 4 cards on deck. You cannot play two Maleficents too often.
You underestimate how strong junkers are. Without the on-buy drawback this card would be too good for 4$ and too weak for 5$ (only due to Mountebank) but it is far closer to a 5$ than a 4$.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2017, 09:45:45 am »

You underestimate how strong junkers are. Without the on-buy drawback this card would be too good for 4$ and too weak for 5$ (only due to Mountebank) but it is far closer to a 5$ than a 4$.
I know what you are saying. I, a year ago, would say the same thing. Of course this is strong. Not ignorable in 2 player games. But how about 4 player? All three opponents will buy, and play. So buying another good card is sometimes better. It costs $3 because $4 is too boring. Topdecking 1? Penalty is weak. 2? Maybe works. I am trying another bonus for Maleficent - $2 is too boring, I now think.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:10 pm »

Another card to discuss. Maleficent was discarded.
Peter Pan (renamed)
cost $3 - Action
+$2
Trash this.
After this turn, put all cards from your deck and discard pile into your hand, and put cards from your hand onto your deck until you have 5 cards in hand.
Chancellor. He was once a mischievous boy. His trick succeeded only once, but that was amazing. Wasn't he nice Feast?

Dwarf Village
cost $4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing $4 or more. Put it back on top, and discard the rest.
Dwarfs call their friends. Farming Village, Sage, Wandering Minstrel's variant. Too strong? Maybe. But they cannot discard  Province.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:45:02 am by majiponi »

weety4

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2017, 06:20:06 am »

I like both cards. Peter Pan looks strong but then again 3 is expensive for a one-shot terminal Silver. Dwarf Village is nothing fancy but good. I'd also try it as: "+2 Actions. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing $4 or more.  Put it into your hand, and discard the rest.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2017, 01:09:31 am »

I'd also try it as: "+2 Actions. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing $4 or more.  Put it into your hand, and discard the rest.

I thought that too similar to Sage, but nice.

Another.
Totoro
cost $2 - Action
Return this to its pile.
Gain a Cat-bus from Cat-bus pile.
-
You cannot buy this when a Treasure other than Copper is in play.
Cat-bus
cost $0* - Action
You may reveal Totoro from your hand.
If you didn't, return this to its pile.
In either way, +3 Cards, +1 Action, +1 Buy.
Overpowered or uninteresting?

Another. Maybe someone wrote before me.

Neverland
cost $6 - Action - Treasure
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal your hand.
+$1 per a Victory card in hand.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:24:28 am by majiponi »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2018, 10:47:50 am »

A cantrip trasher, whose idea I've got from another player.

Cursed Broom
cost $3 - Action - Reaction
+1 Card
+1 Action

You may discard a card to trash another from your hand.
-
When you gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand, to put it onto your Broom Mat and gain a Curse.
When you ask a Witch to help you, you have to pay something. Sometimes your hand, sometimes your vps.
This card shines with draw-until-x cards, especially with Watchtower. You can still react again when you gain a Curse from this, revealing Watchtower to trash it (even if Cursed Broom loses track of a Curse, you can reveal this to gain another).

Is it uninteresting, or broken? what do you think?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 21 queries.