Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95266 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »

I feel like AoL would still be oppressive at 6 mana in this new form. Choose between a slightly worse Shieldmaiden or a slightly worse Azure Drake, two elite cards, might have been a bit much. Same deal with a 7 mana 6/6. Probably the best way to balance the card would be to improve the healing option.

Yeah, the old healing effect was slightly underwhelming but fine on a 7 mana 5/5 as long as the other effect was powerful, so it restricts any stat buffs or decreasing the cost a lot.

Not like they're going to ever buff anything though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2016, 04:07:19 pm »

It's pretty much only playable with that new Fandral guy.

Which itself is not great to begin with, and not very likely to be alive by the time you can cast AoL.
Really? Fandral seems super playable to me. 3/5 for 4 is a solid body for a card with that much utility, and Living Roots and Raven Idol means it can get value as early as turn 5 without any ramp. Plus they're getting Mire Keeper, which seems very strong in ramp/midrange, and Feral Rage, which is good anti-aggro.

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »

Dust Ancient of Lore or hold onto it?  (I have one golden and one regular, both of which were in my druid ramp deck, but now...)
Dust everything that got nerfed.  You can't lose out.

Everything?  Some of it must still be useful, right?

You get full dust value. So if it turns out it's good anyway then just refcract it.

Ohhhhhh right.

Edit:  OK then... 1k gold and 5500 dust available to start the new patch.  Probably will Arena with the gold... since adwcta is gone from HearthArena, does anyone have a better suggestion?
Heartharena is still decent. ADWCTA and Merps also have a bunch of videos about the arena that are quite good: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsNki-R7U3YuyBsuo9Few

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2016, 04:27:25 pm »

Dust Ancient of Lore or hold onto it?  (I have one golden and one regular, both of which were in my druid ramp deck, but now...)
Dust everything that got nerfed.  You can't lose out.

Everything?  Some of it must still be useful, right?

You get full dust value. So if it turns out it's good anyway then just refcract it.

Ohhhhhh right.

Edit:  OK then... 1k gold and 5500 dust available to start the new patch.  Probably will Arena with the gold... since adwcta is gone from HearthArena, does anyone have a better suggestion?
Heartharena is still decent. ADWCTA and Merps also have a bunch of videos about the arena that are quite good: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsNki-R7U3YuyBsuo9Few

The last few times I tried Heartharena it was extremely slow. Like, 3-5 seconds between clicking a card slot and being able to select a card. Were those just freak occurrences on my end?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2016, 04:30:51 pm »

Really? Fandral seems super playable to me. 3/5 for 4 is a solid body for a card with that much utility, and Living Roots and Raven Idol means it can get value as early as turn 5 without any ramp. Plus they're getting Mire Keeper, which seems very strong in ramp/midrange, and Feral Rage, which is good anti-aggro.

It seems like it could be amazing on Arena if you get some nice cards to go with it, but for a lot of the choice cards, it just doesn't seem like a great idea to wait until you can play them with Fandral on that same turn. Raven Idol is probably the best thing to play with Fandral, Living Roots and Mark of Nature are fine but not amazing, and pretty much everything else is either so expensive it won't ever work out or the combination of the two effects is just very unimpressive either because you can't really utilize both effects to their full extent very often or because even when you can, the combined effect of those and a 4 mana 3/5 is still not really at all higher than expected for the cost.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »

It seems like it could be amazing on Arena if you get some nice cards to go with it, but for a lot of the choice cards, it just doesn't seem like a great idea to wait until you can play them with Fandral on that same turn. Raven Idol is probably the best thing to play with Fandral, Living Roots and Mark of Nature are fine but not amazing, and pretty much everything else is either so expensive it won't ever work out or the combination of the two effects is just very unimpressive either because you can't really utilize both effects to their full extent very often or because even when you can, the combined effect of those and a 4 mana 3/5 is still not really at all higher than expected for the cost.

I dunno, getting a 3/2 with Charge for (2) sounds like a pretty sweet deal.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2016, 04:49:40 pm »

I dunno, getting a 3/2 with Charge for (2) sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Getting 6/7 worth of stats for 6 mana and 2 cards, 3/2 of which have Charge sounds like a par-for-the-course deal on Arena and a horrible deal on Constructed to me.

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2016, 05:55:16 pm »
+1

Getting 6/7 worth of stats for 6 mana and 2 cards, 3/2 of which have Charge sounds like a par-for-the-course deal on Arena and a horrible deal on Constructed to me.
It's not just a 3/5, though; it's a 3/5 that your opponent has to remove, or you have the potential to get insane value the next turn, like with Brann or Violet Teacher or Naga Sea Witch. And dealing 5 damage is not trivial for most classes.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »

It's not just a 3/5, though; it's a 3/5 that your opponent has to remove, or you have the potential to get insane value the next turn, like with Brann or Violet Teacher or Naga Sea Witch. And dealing 5 damage is not trivial for most classes.

3/2 charge for 2 doesn't sound like the best use, but this + Living Roots/Raven Idol/Wrath mid game sounds good enough. Late game, Druid of the Claw for 4/6 Charge Taunt sounds pretty cool.

At worst it's a pseudo Sen'jin. That's not the best card, but it's certainly okay. I expect it to see play, but I don't think it'll be format-defining in the same way FoN + Savage Roar was.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2016, 07:05:16 pm »

Dealing 5 damage on turn 6-7 is pretty trivial for most classes, as evidenced by how often Emperor Thaurissan survives the opponent's turn.

3/2 charge for 2 doesn't sound like the best use, but this + Living Roots/Raven Idol/Wrath mid game sounds good enough. Late game, Druid of the Claw for 4/6 Charge Taunt sounds pretty cool.

At worst it's a pseudo Sen'jin. That's not the best card, but it's certainly okay. I expect it to see play, but I don't think it'll be format-defining in the same way FoN + Savage Roar was.

This+Raven Idol is very good and this+Living Roots is fine but not amazing. This + Wrath is really struggling to be even good enough, it's two different cards that you need to have in your hand to get what's basically a Fire Elemental except it deals one extra damage and has 3 less Attack. Druid of the Claw is the weakest possible interaction; Charge and Taunt are very redundant, and you'd much rather play the DotC in the mid game rather than save it for the late game.

Even the regular Sen'jin is pretty crappy in Constructed, and a pseudo Sen'jin is way worse if you don't actually have any of the good synergies. I expect people to try to make it work, but I don't expect it to become a staple in regular Druid lists and I don't think that lists centered around it are going to work very well. On Arena and Tavern Brawls, it can be situationally awesome, and it has the potential to become very good in Wild when future choice cards are released, but as it is, I super don't think it's going to make any very competitive lists in Wild and I'm cautiously pessimistic about how much it's going to see play in Standard.

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2016, 12:56:46 pm »

Dealing 5 damage on turn 6-7 is pretty trivial for most classes, as evidenced by how often Emperor Thaurissan survives the opponent's turn.
Thaurissan often dies to hard removal like Entomb or large damage like Fireball. As a ramp Druid, if my 4-drop eats either of those, I'm 100% okay with that.

I don't expect it to become a staple in regular Druid lists and I don't think that lists centered around it are going to work very well.
That much I can agree with. It's a legendary and the effect isn't instantly game-winning, so you're not going to build your entire deck around it. I just think it's a very solid card, and I'll definitely be trying it out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »

Finally made it in, got free packs, bought a bunch with gold, finally won a second game for more packs.

34 total, got Nat and Twin Emp for legendaries.

Working a Druid C'Thun for now.  Surprisingly easy to get your C'Thun out, but I'm still losing a bunch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »

Dusted a bunch of stuff, crafted Yogg-Saron and Cabalist Tomes.  YS is NUTS and AWESOME.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2016, 05:22:20 pm »

So I've been playing around with Rogue a bunch until I got the wins needed to get the free packs. I picked Rogue because I want to try leveling Rogue to 53 (currently 41) before May 1st (what they extended the quest time limit to) to have the option to craft the cards I need to get a Golden Murkeye. Edit: This was 63 packs in total with the pre-purchase I bought.

I got Nat the Darkfisher (aw shucks), then Princess Huhuran (nice!), then N'Zoth (double nice!).

I've settled on a Reno-N'Zoth Rogue with an emphasis on card draw. It works pretty well actually. When everyone is too busy playing around with C'Thun's vanilla minions (including one Paladin I saw), you have room as a Rogue to make a bunch of more elaborate plays. Plus N'Zoth's board flood is a ln effective defense against a moderately sized C'Thun.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:30:22 pm by markusin »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:34 pm »

I got Nat the Darkfisher (aw shucks)

Make a mill deck.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »
+1

I opened 64 packs so far and got nearly all the commons, most rares, 11 epics and 3 potentially good legendaries (N'zoth, Yogg Saron and Xaril).

Also I got the Golden Murk-Eye after all and still have the 3200 dust I was supposed to craft it with.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2016, 09:12:32 pm »

I opened 64 packs so far and got nearly all the commons, most rares, 11 epics and 3 potentially good legendaries (N'zoth, Yogg Saron and Xaril).

Also I got the Golden Murk-Eye after all and still have the 3200 dust I was supposed to craft it with.

Such score! Much dust! Wow!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2016, 09:15:51 pm »

Wanted to get the free packs quest out of the way fast, and it turns out a Midrange Hunter that doesn't use any WotG cards is still scary enough. I feel like such a scumbag.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2016, 09:52:57 pm »

Wanted to get the free packs quest out of the way fast, and it turns out a Midrange Hunter that doesn't use any WotG cards is still scary enough. I feel like such a scumbag.

I made a Yogg-Saron deck, and although I won quite a lot of games with it, I think none of these wins was because of him. He rather made it harder because I didnt want to just end games without waiting for him.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:01 pm »

Opened 58 packs got 163 duplicates of which 11 were Feral Rage. No legendaries. WTF.

That said, Beast Druid is proving quite viable for now.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2016, 10:17:38 pm »

Opened 58 packs got 163 duplicates of which 11 were Feral Rage. No legendaries. WTF.

That said, Beast Druid is proving quite viable for now.

Huh, I thought there was a pity timer that guarantees a legendary every 40 packs.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2016, 11:47:54 pm »

seriously?  this C'thun thing is OP. My opponent (priest) just played an 18/18 Cthun. game over.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2016, 11:53:31 pm »

seriously?  this C'thun thing is OP. My opponent (priest) just played an 18/18 Cthun. game over.

I think C'Thun Priest is looking the scariest so far because of that 5 mana 6/5 that heals for 10. They make it very tough to rush them down.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2016, 12:19:19 am »

I didn't see that one, but he had the one that gives C'thun bonuses every time a character is healed, plus two of the automatic ones that give C'thun +2/+2 as a battlecry.

I think they nerfed two silencers because they didn't want to have C'thun get silenced as often (which shouldn't be an issue when it's battlecry is bad enough).

EDIT: Silverback Patriarch should be made to cost $2. We lost one nice card that made it obsolete and gained two more (squirming tentacle and twighlight geomancer).

EDIT2: still not as OP as that guy who gives mages free fireballs for every spell they cast. How did he not get nerfed?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:53:18 am by LibraryAdventurer »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:58 am »

Honestly, I'm not sure how good C'Thun is really going to be.  I've played against mainly C'Thun decks with my Yogg-Saron Mage (which is still fucking EPIC), and while the cultists are pretty solid cards for the most part, and I've seen C'Thun's get up to more than 30/30, I have not once seen a C'Thun actually played, over at least 10 games.  I've played Yogg-Saron in at least 5 of those.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16  All

Page created in 1.177 seconds with 21 queries.