Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95244 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2016, 07:47:39 pm »

I don't see ashersky implying you can get over 10 mana with this.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2016, 08:42:38 am »

Do we have a preliminary ranking of the WotOG legendaries?  I have the dust for 3 legendaries if it's worthwhile to craft them.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2016, 09:33:02 am »

Depends on what kind of deck you wanna play. I don't think there's anything like Dr. Boom that is great in pretty much everything in this expansion.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2016, 09:39:54 am »

My strong inclination upon first seeing the cards is to try a heavy-ramp Druid deck to start with (not sure whether with-C'Thun or not at this point).  In that context, the Druid legendary looks seriously strong.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2016, 11:31:12 am »

My strong inclination upon first seeing the cards is to try a heavy-ramp Druid deck to start with (not sure whether with-C'Thun or not at this point).  In that context, the Druid legendary looks seriously strong.

Indeed, with their card draw nerfed on AoL, I foresee Ravel Idol + Druid Legendary being a fair substitute for true draw. Even Druid Legendary + Nourish is quite neat because you draw 3 cards and have an extra 2 mana to play stuff you drew even if the Ramp isn't so relevant at that stage of the game.

I'll let the cards I open with packs guide me towards what deck to play, but I really want to try some shenanigans with Renouce Darkness. The 1 mana transforming legendary would fit right into that kind of deck.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »

I think I'd hold dust until the "dust"  ;D settles. There's lots of new deck types that people are going to play around with, but I have no idea what will be strong off the drop. Also I was wrong about Troggzor last time so I am not really confident making predictions.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2016, 01:19:15 pm »

I think I'd hold dust until the "dust"  ;D settles. There's lots of new deck types that people are going to play around with, but I have no idea what will be strong off the drop. Also I was wrong about Troggzor last time so I am not really confident making predictions.

This is why I preorderded despite never having spent money on card packs before (I did buy BRM). It's hard to predict how Standard will turn out given that a lot of past experience from Naxx/GvG centered metas doesn't necessarily apply. I'm hoping to get enough packs to have most of the cards needed for the most fun and competitive decks and can therefore spent my dust sparingly. Plus the WotOG cards will be valid in Standard for two years. Seems like a good investment to me. The effects of future cards should be easier to predict after we've experienced Standard first hand and therefore it should be easier to pick and choose which cards are craft worthy.

The gold I saved so far can simply go to the next adventure.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2016, 01:26:32 am »

To be fair, tons of pro players also though Troggzor would be amazing, or at least good. I also have no idea what decks will be good, but there's so many I want to try out.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2016, 01:45:59 am »

To be fair, tons of pro players also though Troggzor would be amazing, or at least good. I also have no idea what decks will be good, but there's so many I want to try out.

To be double fair, that was also right before Gadgetzan got nerfed and when Miracle Rogue was awesome. We hadn't experienced Dr. Boom's oppression first hand either.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2016, 01:20:19 am »

Man the new board is ugly. Moves too much too.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2016, 10:30:19 am »

Alright, I got about 1600 dust from nerf dusting.  Which legendary should I craft from WotOG?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:15 am »

Alright, I got about 1600 dust from nerf dusting.  Which legendary should I craft from WotOG?

A legendary that is relevant for a deck you want to build.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2016, 11:48:15 am »

Wait a bit to see what's good/fun. You will get C'Thun in the free packs too.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »

Dust Ancient of Lore or hold onto it?  (I have one golden and one regular, both of which were in my druid ramp deck, but now...)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2016, 01:18:22 pm »

Dust Ancient of Lore or hold onto it?  (I have one golden and one regular, both of which were in my druid ramp deck, but now...)
Dust everything that got nerfed.  You can't lose out.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2016, 01:19:30 pm »

Everything?  Some of it must still be useful, right?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:58 pm »
+2

You can always recraft it later if you really want to.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »

You get full dust value. So if it turns out it's good anyway then just refcract it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2016, 01:33:52 pm »
+1

Too bad I dusted both a golden Master of Disguise AND a golden Blade Flurry months ago.  :(

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2016, 01:35:18 pm »

You get full dust value. So if it turns out it's good anyway then just refcract it.

Ohhhhhh right.

Edit:  OK then... 1k gold and 5500 dust available to start the new patch.  Probably will Arena with the gold... since adwcta is gone from HearthArena, does anyone have a better suggestion?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:47:42 pm by Kirian »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »

Also the new Ancient of Lore is awful. For 7 mana, you don't want your card to be roughly as good as Warlock's Hero Power combined with a good but not amazing 4-drop. You also don't want it to be almost strictly worse than Guardian of Kings. The versatility probably isn't worth it either.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2016, 02:10:52 pm »

Also the new Ancient of Lore is awful. For 7 mana, you don't want your card to be roughly as good as Warlock's Hero Power combined with a good but not amazing 4-drop. You also don't want it to be almost strictly worse than Guardian of Kings. The versatility probably isn't worth it either.
This.

They could have at least made it a 5/6

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2016, 02:22:41 pm »

This.

They could have at least made it a 5/6

It's pretty much only playable with that new Fandral guy.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »

It's pretty much only playable with that new Fandral guy.

Which itself is not great to begin with, and not very likely to be alive by the time you can cast AoL.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2016, 03:07:38 pm »

It's pretty much worse than Floating Watcher. For 7 mana, Warlock can use hero power and get a 6/6 Floating Watcher that is dangerous to ignore. Yeah Floating Watcher can't heal, but you can cheat it out with Voidcaller.

I feel like AoL would still be oppressive at 6 mana in this new form. Choose between a slightly worse Shieldmaiden or a slightly worse Azure Drake, two elite cards, might have been a bit much. Same deal with a 7 mana 6/6. Probably the best way to balance the card would be to improve the healing option.

Edit: oh yeah, probably AoL wouldn't have been nearly so oppressive if it weren't for the SR-FoN Combo that it helped you draw into.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:10:23 pm by markusin »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.