Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95240 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2016, 09:36:24 pm »

Why are they making these awful cards??
I had hoped that they learned after TGT that it's a waste of time to make really terrible cards, since LOE had mostly playable or at least playable-ish cards. It's sad how Joust and Inspire almost entirely flopped in constructed (producing barely any playable cards), given that they were the headline mechanics of TGT.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by how Dominion doesn't have filler cards.

Some of the Inspire minions are GREAT, though - Confessor Paletress and Murloc Knight stand out in my mind.   Some of them are even good just for Arena, like Kvaldir Raider and Recruiter.  I dunno.  Could they have given us something other than Ice Rager?  Probably.

I'm ok with Ice Rager because it's funny. I'm ok with Pit fighter too, although now it'll rotate out at some point. But yeah, there are some cards which don't have humour, and don't have a story too them that should just be turned into something interesting, or at least not so boring and generic.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:35 pm »

I had hoped that they learned after TGT that it's a waste of time to make really terrible cards, since LOE had mostly playable or at least playable-ish cards. It's sad how Joust and Inspire almost entirely flopped in constructed (producing barely any playable cards), given that they were the headline mechanics of TGT.

Some of the Inspire minions are GREAT, though - Confessor Paletress and Murloc Knight stand out in my mind.   Some of them are even good just for Arena, like Kvaldir Raider and Recruiter.  I dunno.  Could they have given us something other than Ice Rager?  Probably.

I'm ok with Ice Rager because it's funny. I'm ok with Pit fighter too, although now it'll rotate out at some point. But yeah, there are some cards which don't have humour, and don't have a story too them that should just be turned into something interesting, or at least not so boring and generic.

What's wrong with Pit Fighter?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

Nothing. But I thought the complaint was vanilla cards seem to be filler more than interesting.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2016, 12:48:53 pm »

Nothing. But I thought the complaint was vanilla cards seem to be filler more than interesting.

I liked some of the vanilla minions and the vanilla curve holes they filled, like Tallstrider, Pit Fighter, Jormunger. They see play in Arena at least.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

I liked some of the vanilla minions and the vanilla curve holes they filled, like Tallstrider, Pit Fighter, Jormunger. They see play in Arena at least.

Well, they only really serve a purpose in Arena.  Who's ever actually going to run Pit Fighter in constructed?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:35 pm »

Well, they only really serve a purpose in Arena.  Who's ever actually going to run Pit Fighter in constructed?

It's the principle of the thing.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »

There's now a tutor card for finding the Elder Gods (or whatever they're actually called).

http://imgur.com/bkznVCC

6 Mana Epic Minion, 4/6
At the start of your turn, put a 10-Cost minion from your deck into your hand.

It needs to survive a turn, but it seems like it'll be playable in decks reliant on those cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

There's now a tutor card for finding the Elder Gods (or whatever they're actually called).

6 Mana Epic Minion, 4/6

It needs to survive a turn, but it seems like it'll be playable in decks reliant on those cards.

Well, it's only a little bit harder to kill than Thaurissan, and how often does Thaurissan survive for another turn?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

6 Mana Epic Minion, 4/6

Well, it's only a little bit harder to kill than Thaurissan, and how often does Thaurissan survive for another turn?

That's true, it might not be good enough since it doesn't do anything immediately.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2016, 06:50:57 pm »

6 Mana Epic Minion, 4/6

That's true, it might not be good enough since it doesn't do anything immediately.
It would be more worth it if there already wasn't the risk of the card doing nothing if you already drew the 10-Mana Minion and being left with a sub-par Minion and setting you back tempo wise because of poor stats. Cards like this should be making your deck more reliable, but it looks like it would do the opposite. I don't have high hopes for this card.

It's a shame because Y'Shaarj(10 Mana 10/10 that puts a Minion from your deck onto the battlefield at the end of each turn) really depends on a card like this to be good. Unlike C'Thun and N'Zoth, Y'Shaarj risks getting worse and worse as the game goes on and you draw more minions that would be good when played directly onto the battlefield.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2016, 08:01:48 pm »

I didn't realize they showed another old god. Wow it's garbage.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2016, 08:12:11 pm »

I didn't realize they showed another old god. Wow it's garbage.

I'm not buying this "yah shah razh" pronunciation.  If they had wanted three syllables, they should have put the "r" between the two "a"s, not after them.  This should be (and is!) pronounced "yuh sharj".  Rhymes with charge.  I will never pronounce it any other way.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2016, 08:25:47 pm »

I'm going to pronounce it /ysɑːrj/. That's clearly how it's spelled, too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2016, 08:32:30 pm »

Ancient Harbinger is horribad

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2016, 11:56:24 pm »

Ancient Harbinger is horribad
This was my gut reaction after I read the card more carefully and noticed, "wait...START OF YOUR TURN? Are you serious!?".  So maybe I'm not crazy when I think this card is too underpowered? The more you wait to play this card safely, the more likely the effect becomes useless. Unless you want to play multiple 10-Mana Frost/Sea Giants, but then how can a deck using those cards afford to play a 6 mana 4/6?

I like that it isn't explicitly shoehorned to supporting only the Old Gods. Gotta draw that Dethwing man.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:00:02 am by markusin »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2016, 12:23:55 am »
+2

I like the Beat Druid card.

Give a minion +2/+2, if its a beast draw a card, for 2 mana.

Beast Druid won't be a thing without more support, but it's a nice card.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »

That feeling when beast druid support is better than beast hunter support.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »
+1

Master of Evolution
Class: Shaman
Mana cost: 4
Card type: Minion
Rarity: Rare
Card text: Battlecry: Transform a friendly minion into a random one that costs (1) more.
Attack: 4
Health: 5

That's a Yeti that is also a Transmogrifier, but better.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2016, 03:56:21 pm »

Master of Evolution
Class: Shaman
Mana cost: 4
Card type: Minion
Rarity: Rare
Card text: Battlecry: Transform a friendly minion into a random one that costs (1) more.
Attack: 4
Health: 5

That's a Yeti that is also a Transmogrifier, but better.

It also combos with Thing From Below, the other new Shaman Minion revealed. It's a 6 Mana 5/5 with Taunt that costs 1 less per Totem (not just the HP ones) you summoned during the game.

Shaman's getting some good stuff here.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2016, 08:27:23 pm »

That feeling when beast druid support is better than beast hunter support.
Kill command? Hound master? This is the only beast Druid card that has been pretty decent. And wildwalker.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2016, 12:02:25 pm »

I can hardly keep up with new cards, but the new Priest AoE is interesting.

Shadow word: Horror -4mana

Destroy all enemy minions with 2 or less attack.

Im not sure it'll be that amazing unless you're facing a lot of aggro decks. But it has potential.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2016, 01:07:43 pm »

I can hardly keep up with new cards, but the new Priest AoE is interesting.

Shadow word: Horror -4mana

Destroy all enemy minions with 2 or less attack.

Im not sure it'll be that amazing unless you're facing a lot of aggro decks. But it has potential.

That one was revealed early this week. I've learned to always rely on Hearthpwn for new card reveals. I have bad news for you though, it destroys ALL minions with 2 or less attack. That makes it an Excavated Evil variant.

I think this card is useful to prevent Priest from being roft-stomped by Paladins and their new Divine Shield giving 3-drop. Whether or not you include this card will be a meta-call, and that's fine given that Priest has other AoE. I personally like how Excavated Evil can take care of 3/3 Tunnel Troggs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:09:05 pm by markusin »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2016, 01:38:39 pm »

Even at destroy all 2 attack minions, Priest doesn't run any. Deathlord is leaving rotation, and Northshire cleric is 1 mana minion. And I'm sure you can manage this card even easier than excavated evil.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »

Even at destroy all 2 attack minions, Priest doesn't run any. Deathlord is leaving rotation, and Northshire cleric is 1 mana minion. And I'm sure you can manage this card even easier than excavated evil.

You're right, Control Priest doesn't run many, no. Dragon Priest runs Twilight Whelp and Wyrmrest, but those cards make Priest early game easier anyway.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2016, 02:24:18 pm »

It's 2 *or less*.  Northshire Cleric dies.  As does Museum Curator.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.