Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95235 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »

I don't think BGH gets nerfed. I think there's so many 7ups that everyone runs 2 and wishes they had more and the tactics revolve around which targets get BGH'd.

That's what I thought. Plus they take up deck slots that would otherwise be synergy cards. So if synergy is strong enough, BGH doesn't get run. Still we might see a nerf on it's stats.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:18 pm »

New card.

Cult apothecary - neutral
5mana 4/4
Battlecry: for each enemy minion, heal 2hp to your hero.

So basically it's a neural version of the shaman legend we saw. It seems passable if aggro decks aren't as crazy in standard. But if it's even good enough it'll be in classes without a healing alternative. It's also worse than healbot often, but has a better body.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2016, 12:10:50 am »

Triple post! Because I caved, and I bought the pre-order.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2016, 02:32:04 am »

Triple post! Because I caved, and I bought the pre-order.

I don't blame you for getting the pre-order, or for triple-posting. I don't plan on getting the preorder unless there are like a lot of good epics and legendaries. I have time to wait it out for more card reveals I think.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2016, 03:10:48 am »

Any non-USians had success using Amazon Coins to squeeze out marginal discounts on packs?  I'm going to find an android emulator and give it a go for the preorder, but success stories always help.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2016, 07:36:28 am »

how much of a discount is the preorder to start with? Are they half off?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2016, 09:41:56 am »

how much of a discount is the preorder to start with? Are they half off?

$50 normally buys you 40 packs. The $50 pre-order gives you 50 packs and a card back. So that's an extra 10 packs, or 20% discount per pack.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:45 pm »

not remotely worth it for me.  I thought it might be like half off

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2016, 12:16:45 am »

Another variant on old legendaries.

Mukla somthing something- neutral

6 mana 5/5
Put 2 bananas in your hand

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:49 am »
+1

Why are they making these awful cards??

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2016, 11:20:27 am »

I'll be satisfied if at least the 4 Old Gods are heavy weights when it comes to power. The class legendaries have seemed okay so far, though nothing earthshattering I don't think.

Still kind of bummed about the Boogeymonster though.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2016, 11:28:33 am »
+1

Woah Paladins got a potential game-changer

Steward of Darkshire
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/127347-new-card-steward-of-darkshire
3 Mana Rare Paladin Minion
3/3
When you summon a Minion with 1-Health, give it Divine Shield.

Note the keyword "summon". Tokens just became a lot more formidable. The wording suggests that it even works with Noble Sacrifice and Redemption.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »
+2

Woah Paladins got a potential game-changer

Steward of Darkshire
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/127347-new-card-steward-of-darkshire
3 Mana Rare Paladin Minion
3/3
When you summon a Minion with 1-Health, give it Divine Shield.

Note the keyword "summon". Tokens just became a lot more formidable. The wording suggests that it even works with Noble Sacrifice and Redemption.

Now there's a reason to run Magma Ragers over Ice Ragers!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »

This is also really amazing with charging 1 health minions. Wolf Riders and Bluegills are really strong with this.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2016, 12:09:23 pm »

And the Blood Knight combos, this card is really strong.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2016, 12:20:09 pm »

And the Blood Knight combos, this card is really strong.

I guess since Paladin can always HP for an Argent Squire with this out, Blood Knight can be seen as combo-ing with this. Combos with the opponent's Blood Knight better though. Between this and the 4/2 Divine Shield C'Thun follower, Blood Knight might see more play.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2016, 12:44:00 pm »

It doesn't fit into the tier1 strategy for Paladin, except maybe in Wild. With Muster and Dboom rotating, Paladins are going to be leaning all the harder on the power of Mysterious Challenger, and that style of deck is already so crowded with important synergies that you can't make room for this.  If you do have a little room for something offtheme, it's gonna be Murloc Knight, who takes a lot less effort to make good.

In Wild I could see how it is a crazy 1x or 2x.  Make him stick, or play him then muster turn 6.  Yikes.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2016, 01:02:27 pm »

They're clearly trying to lower power levels. Personally I think a lot of the card shown are super interesting, although yeah, a lot of the inverse cards aren't super cool.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »

It doesn't fit into the tier1 strategy for Paladin, except maybe in Wild. With Muster and Dboom rotating, Paladins are going to be leaning all the harder on the power of Mysterious Challenger, and that style of deck is already so crowded with important synergies that you can't make room for this.  If you do have a little room for something offtheme, it's gonna be Murloc Knight, who takes a lot less effort to make good.

In Wild I could see how it is a crazy 1x or 2x.  Make him stick, or play him then muster turn 6.  Yikes.
Really? I see secret paladin as totally dead in standard. Midrange paladin must surely end up better than mysterious challenger decks unless they get some new secrets on the power level of avenge.

That said I'm not sure this card fits in a Midrange pally deck either.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »

They're clearly trying to lower power levels. Personally I think a lot of the card shown are super interesting, although yeah, a lot of the inverse cards aren't super cool.

For me, Standard was a way they can release cards that are modest in power level that still have a chance to see play even if they don't powercreep Naxx or GvG. To a certain extent, they seem to be doing this, which satisfies me (also keep in mind the incoming nerfs to classic cards).

Mukla can at least kill Thaurissan and can kill Sylvanas without getting stolen.

I really want them to release a card that buffs minions with no card text in hand. Like, "Battlecry: Give all minions in your hand with no card text +2/+1 and Taunt". It would, for example, buff Bloodfen Raptor but not Huge Toad.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »

The Bananas are decent and flexible too. I think they should usually let you get off two favourable trades in the future as long as the game goes long enough (plus they are spells/cards for Mage bonuses and Golden Monkeys). I think the new Mukkla is pretty playable in Standard.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »

I had hoped that they learned after TGT that it's a waste of time to make really terrible cards, since LOE had mostly playable or at least playable-ish cards. It's sad how Joust and Inspire almost entirely flopped in constructed (producing barely any playable cards), given that they were the headline mechanics of TGT.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by how Dominion doesn't have filler cards.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

I had hoped that they learned after TGT that it's a waste of time to make really terrible cards, since LOE had mostly playable or at least playable-ish cards. It's sad how Joust and Inspire almost entirely flopped in constructed (producing barely any playable cards), given that they were the headline mechanics of TGT.

I think most of the weak cards in LoE at least had cool effects in some way. It could be that expansions wit fewer cards lets the team focus on making the cards that are released good. Speaking of Dominion, there are a lot of stories of cards that could have worked but were just too boring to justify taking up a slot. In Hearthstone, those cards end up being filler cards in a large expansion.

I just realized that the Divine Shield giver in Paladin makes Haunted Creeper in Wild even more annoying. Amazing how Naxx and GvG aren't even done with their power creep effect.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 07:31:19 pm »

Some of the Inspire minions are GREAT, though - Confessor Paletress and Murloc Knight stand out in my mind.   Some of them are even good just for Arena, like Kvaldir Raider and Recruiter.  I dunno.  Could they have given us something other than Ice Rager?  Probably.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2016, 07:44:00 pm »

Some of the Inspire minions are GREAT, though - Confessor Paletress and Murloc Knight stand out in my mind.   Some of them are even good just for Arena, like Kvaldir Raider and Recruiter.  I dunno.  Could they have given us something other than Ice Rager?  Probably.

Don't forget Savage Combatant. That card can be a big player if Beast Druid gets better.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.