Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95264 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

So we've got N'Zoth's First Mate, a 1/1 for (1) for Warrior that equips you a 1/3 weapon.  Seems pretty neat.

And then Faceless Shambler, a 1/1 with Taunt for (4) that gains the stats of a friendly minion you choose.  Seems... meh?

First Mate seems to fit the Upgrade slot, depending on what you are trying to do.

Faceless Shambler needs to be better than Sen'jin on average to run...if you are dropping it on T4, I don't see that ever working out for you.  Maybe in Dragon Priest?  But really, you are playing it late in a control deck.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »

So we've got N'Zoth's First Mate, a 1/1 for (1) for Warrior that equips you a 1/3 weapon.  Seems pretty neat.

And then Faceless Shambler, a 1/1 with Taunt for (4) that gains the stats of a friendly minion you choose.  Seems... meh?

First Mate seems to fit the Upgrade slot, depending on what you are trying to do.

Faceless Shambler needs to be better than Sen'jin on average to run...if you are dropping it on T4, I don't see that ever working out for you.  Maybe in Dragon Priest?  But really, you are playing it late in a control deck.

Maybe Coin out Eerie Statue turn 3?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2016, 01:15:55 pm »

Maybe Coin out Eerie Statue turn 3?

No, because you don't have an Eerie Statue in your deck ever for any reason.

Faceless Shambler doesn't seem playable in Constructed at all, and probably super weak but not the worst thing ever on Arena. I mean, sometimes you have to pick stuff like Booty Bay Bodyguard anyway, and this doesn't seem to compare too unfavorably with BBB.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2016, 01:30:07 pm »

First Mate holds of 2 health minions in Turn 2 similar to Zombie Chow. Plus it's a pirate, for whatever that's worth. After that it's basically Light's Justice.

The Taunted Copier combos pretty well with Power Overwhelming. Maybe it can work in Handlock in general but Argus still seems more flexible overall. Still works okay with Giants and Ancient Watcher.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2016, 06:22:08 pm »
+1

This next batch of card reveals finally has me really excited for the expansion.

N'Zoth, the Corruptor
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/125121-new-legendary-card-nzoth-the-corruptor
10 Mana Neutral Legendary Minion
5/7
Battlecry: Summon your Deathrattle minions that died this game.

Renounce Darkness
http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/33136-renounce-darkness
2 Mana Warlock Epic Spell
Replace your Hero Power and Warlock cards with another class's. The cards cost (1) less.

Undercity Huckster
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/125122-new-rogue-card-undercity-huckster
2 Mana Rogue Rare Minion
2/2
Deathrattle: Add a random class card to your hand (from your opponent's class)

Wow N'Zoth would be obscene in Stalagg/Feugen Renolock. A card that actually anti-synergizes with Dr. Boom, since the Boom Bots can pollute the Deathrattle graveyard pool.

Back to Standard, I wonder if this will do anything to boost a Deathrattle Rogue. There is the idea of Shadowstep on C'Thun, but it works on N'Zoth as well without having to play vanilla-ish minions. Similar to Anyfin, the second play of N'Zoth will summon any Deathrattle minions summoned the first time in addition to the original ones.

Apparently it can summon any minions that have Deathrattle inately in their card text, even if they were silenced (but not if they were transformed). Does not resummon cards that received Deathrattle buffs from other sources. Summons randomly if more than 6 Deathrattle minions have died.

I think Renounce Darkness is really cool for Renolock. Essentially an Elise Light, it helps Renolock during fatigue wars. Late game, you can turn that useless hero power and those useless Warlock cards like Mortal Coil and Demonwraths into maybe-less-useless stuff. But early game nah, I want to keep my Hellfire and Shadowflame.

I wonder if Renounce Darkness can also spawn any new archetypes. Maybe a class card heavy aggro/zoo deck that can do a total paradigm shift against otherwise unfavourable matchups.

For the Rogue card, well the value is there. But, "will it blend"? Successful Rogue decks have so far been all about tempo, flexible burn, and/or combos. This doesn't fit too well into those styles of play.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2016, 06:02:12 am »

The Boogeymonster

8 mana 6/7, gains +2/2 each time it attacks and kills another minion

Well, seems strictly worse then Gruul almost in all conceivable cases (i. e. without windfury). Especially would BGH be nerfed. And Gruul not like the best minion to start with

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2016, 08:41:35 am »

The Boogeymonster

Well, seems strictly worse then Gruul almost in all conceivable cases (i. e. without windfury). Especially would BGH be nerfed. And Gruul not like the best minion to start with

Might be nicer if it just gained the health and not the attack. What is the rarity?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2016, 09:26:34 am »

The Boogeymonster

Might be nicer if it just gained the health and not the attack. What is the rarity?

Legendary

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2016, 10:08:06 am »

The Boogeymonster

Legendary

It'd be amazing if it had that thing the Hunter legendary has where if it attacks and kills something it can attack again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2016, 10:22:09 am »

The Boogeymonster

Legendary

It'd be amazing if it had that thing the Hunter legendary has where if it attacks and kills something it can attack again.

That was the hunter epic.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2016, 11:12:32 am »

The Boogeymonster

Legendary

That was the hunter epic.

And that epic seems way more threatening, or at least cool, than this waste of a Legendary. Any yet unseen synergies in the set would need to be really, really specific to benefit this card more than other cards.

I disenchanted my golden Gruul long ago, yet I still have my golden Millhouse Manastorm. That's how little I cared about Gruul, and this card is pretty much strictly worse.

Millhouse was actually useful in that free spell Tavern Brawl. Weak legendaries should at least have a cool gimmick. This card's "gimmick" is already covered by the Hunter epic and Gruul.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2016, 01:21:02 pm »

You know, suddenly a 20/20 C'Thun seems reasonable when your opponent can summon an army with N'Zoth. Maybe all the Old Gods are equally overpowered.

Exit: oh yeah, and Corrupted Healbot looks better in light of N'Zoth.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:22:08 pm by markusin »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2016, 11:06:06 pm »

So we've got a cool Rogue legendary that BC/DR's some souped up Spare Parts called "Toxins", and a Warrior weapon that Fortresses when it breaks, called "Tentacles for Arms".
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2016, 02:50:44 am »
+1

So we've got a cool Rogue legendary that BC/DR's some souped up Spare Parts called "Toxins", and a Warrior weapon that Fortresses when it breaks, called "Tentacles for Arms".

To make this clear.

Rogue-Legendary
4 mana 3/2
Battlecry and Deathrattle: add a random Toxin to your hand.

Toxins are as follows, all are 1 mana:
- Deal 2dmg
-give a friendly minion stealth until your next turn
- Return a friendly minion to your hand, it costs 2 less
-Give a friendly minion +3 attack
- Draw a card

Warrior Weapon
5 mana 2/2
Deathrattle: Return this to your hand

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2016, 05:17:05 am »

One of them is basically spare part though. Why not remove friendly part? Now it is dud most times

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2016, 08:45:18 am »

One of them is basically spare part though. Why not remove friendly part? Now it is dud most times

If you can give enemies stealth, you can stealth a Taunt and hit your opponent. That's not really super fun.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2016, 08:49:05 am »

If you can give enemies stealth, you can stealth a Taunt and hit your opponent. That's not really super fun.

Yes, that's why it would be viable. Well, it would still be worse then silence, and silence is 0 mana spell. While 2 of other toxins are 1 mana spells

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:58 am »

Yes, that's why it would be viable. Well, it would still be worse then silence, and silence is 0 mana spell. While 2 of other toxins are 1 mana spells

The Toxins seem wildly disproportionate in strength. 1 mana draw a card, or give a friendly minion stealth?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:24 am »

The Toxins seem wildly disproportionate in strength. 1 mana draw a card, or give a friendly minion stealth?

Some of the toxins seem more niche than others, but they're all combo/Gadgetzan enables at least.

Oh and a new Hunter card:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/126208-new-hunter-card-infest
Infest
3 Mana Rare Hunter Spell
Give you minions "Deathrattle: Add a random Beast to your hand"

Well, Webspinner and Feign Death rotate out, and this comes in to help fill the void. Neat stuff.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2016, 11:39:05 pm »

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Paladin minion
(8) 8/8

At the end of your turn, heal a random friendly for 8

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2016, 07:58:01 am »

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Paladin minion
(8) 8/8

random friendly damaged character

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2016, 09:31:39 am »

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Paladin minion
(8) 8/8

Well, that makes it significantly less useless than I thought at first.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2016, 09:45:28 am »

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Paladin minion
(8) 8/8

If BGH is nerfed, I think this will be ok. I love the art too.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:00 am »

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Paladin minion
(8) 8/8

If BGH is nerfed, I think this will be ok. I love the art too.
It looks like even Ragnaros is getting into the role-playing spirit. I thought Wero was joking at first.

Well, this is a nice alternative to Lay on Hands when it comes to healing. You might be trading card advantage for tempo, but your opponent will need cards to remove this too. Seems solid enough. Compares favorably to Guardian of Kings for one more mana as well.

We'll have to see about BGH.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »

I don't think BGH gets nerfed. I think there's so many 7ups that everyone runs 2 and wishes they had more and the tactics revolve around which targets get BGH'd.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.