Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16  All

Author Topic: Wispers of the Old Gods  (Read 95261 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Wispers of the Old Gods
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2016, 05:24:43 pm »

The Paladin card with this mechanic is:

0-Forbidden Healing
Spend all your Mana, Heal for double the mana you spent.

I think the Rogue one moght buff his weapon, might be really strong though.

That's a big heal, similar to Tree of Life if you play it at 10 mana, but single target and works on minions and always fits your curve. I'm not sure it'll be good, but I think it'll be tried and almost make the cut for decks that are more control.

Like F-Flame, it's underpowered compared to pretty much every healing spell at each mana cost.

It could be better than Tree of Life in a whole bunch of situations at 9-mana though.

Tree of life heals your opponent too, so the fact that at 9mana this heals you for 18, but not your opponent means you can still make plays to win by dmg while also healing yourself. Tree of Life is purely a fatigue card. So while worse in healing, it fits a totally different deck style. And like all the other forbidden cards, it fits any mana curve at any time, which is really useful on a heal spell. Sure Lay on Hands is strong, but sometimes you can't afford 8mana for a heal. I think this will be good, or at least borderline good.

It fits into the more classic midrange-control variant of Paladin at least. How strong that archetype will be after the new expansion is yet to be seen.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2016, 06:24:35 pm »

Yeah. My post sounded like it was rebuttal of yours, but its wasn't :P

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »

Yeah. My post sounded like it was rebuttal of yours, but its wasn't :P

I know. It's just cool that you went more in depth on the subject.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »

New priest legendary looks interesting:
Herald Volazj
6 mana 5/5
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 copy of each of your other minions.

Also there's
Infested Tauren
4 mana 2/3
Taunt, Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Slime.

It's unclear if the Slime has Taunt as well.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:07:08 pm by Watno »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »

Infested Tauren
4 mana 2/3

Heh, a Starcraft callout of all things.  Not that it should be that surprising...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2016, 03:36:42 pm »

Do we know if the Priest Legendary copies buffs/debuffs/silence? If not, it could be a counter to a silenced Deathrattle minion like Sylvanas or Stalagg/Feugen.

Edit: or maybe Wobbling Runts if we want to be Standard relevant.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:45:17 pm by markusin »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2016, 05:01:04 pm »

Do we know if the Priest Legendary copies buffs/debuffs/silence? If not, it could be a counter to a silenced Deathrattle minion like Sylvanas or Stalagg/Feugen.

Edit: or maybe Wobbling Runts if we want to be Standard relevant.

I doubt it copis buffs. If it does that's cool sort of, but it's a Priest card. I think the idea is to copy all deathrattles or active effects. It seems strong if you're winning, medium if you're even, weak if you're behind. Even in a slow meta I think it's not fast enough. You need strong board presence for it to work.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2016, 05:39:06 pm »

On Blizzard rules I would expect it to duplicate each minion Faceless style, then set their stats to 1/1.

If you copy one effect you've got a higher curve Unearthed Raptor.  If you get two or more it starts to get good, which makes it a lot like Quartermaster.  Quartermaster synergises with the Paladin hero power though, which makes the floor of the effect much higher.  I expect it will be tough to get consistent value out of this new card.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »

A new card appears:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/124040-new-warlock-card-doom

DOOM!
10 Mana  Epic Spell
Destroy all minions. Draw a card for each

It just had to be epic didn't it. Anyway, this card looks like a good way to lose the fatigue war where I am most likely to want to play a 10 Mana card liw this., only considering currently known cards, this is a late game buff to Mountain Giant and Twilight Drake.

Unrelated, I opened Neptulon yesterday from a GvG Arena reward pack. It pleases me to be able to get a few extra GvG legendaries and epics before I will no longer be able to get them efficiently from card packs.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 12:23:45 pm »

Probably the best Shaman class Legendary, it's too bad it's being phased out. Hopefully, the new one is good.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 01:19:30 pm »

Probably the best Shaman class Legendary, it's too bad it's being phased out. Hopefully, the new one is good.

As far as Wild is concerned, I feel like Neptulon is a nice good-to-have card for a variety of Shaman decks, many of which are quite interesting. Maybe not as all-around useful as Al-Akir, but if BGH gets a nerf then Neptulon will become less of a liability.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »

2 new cards:
Shaman Legendary:
4/6 Hallazeal the Ascended
Whenever your spells deal damage, restore that much health to your hero.

This sounds pretty good, but not sure wether it's good enough to make a Shaman deck using it viable.

Neutral Common:
1/1 N'zoth's Tentacle
Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.

Looks good for Patrons.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 04:20:46 pm »

2 new cards:
Shaman Legendary:

This sounds pretty good, but not sure wether it's good enough to make a Shaman deck using it viable.

Neutral Common:
1/1 N'zoth's Tentacle

Looks good for Patrons.

Shaman card is 5 mana, N'zoth's Tentacle is 1 mana.

Historically, slower Shaman decks have a big problem with healing. If this combos with board clear the way I think it does, it could see play. You don't even have to combo it with another spell the same turn - against an aggro deck it's basically a 5 mana 4/6 taunt and sometimes that's fine.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:22:33 pm by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »

2 new cards:
Shaman Legendary:

Neutral Common:
1/1 N'zoth's Tentacle

Looks good for Patrons.

The Shaman Legendary is kind of cool for filling the healing hole in the Shaman arsenal, but at the cost of having to burn spells that you might want to save. That's a problem if Shaman doesn't get something to improve their draw capabilities. Worth repeating that it's 5 mana. Nice combo with Lightning Storm though.

I find the tentacle to be a pretty cute card. A delayed Whirlwind basically. Can combine with those Blackrock cards that give benefits on receiving damage and the new Hogger. It also makes Paladin's Stand Against Darkness (summon 5 recruits) seem a lot worse. Still might be too niche to see consistent play.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 05:08:26 pm »

Can't tell if that Shaman card is good or not. Definitely not playable in Aggro/Tunnel Trogg decks, but potentially good in new Control-ish Shaman decks.

Tentacle seems to be decent in Warrior decks that rely on Whirlwhind effects. Potentially amazing against Paladin style flood decks or Face Hunters if they make a big comeback.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 05:49:23 pm »

I sense that charge+Frothing will be a good combo with this new whirlwind card. With patrons and stuff, it could OTK, especially in a slower meta where you have time to draw into combos.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

I sense that charge+Frothing will be a good combo with this new whirlwind card. With patrons and stuff, it could OTK, especially in a slower meta where you have time to draw into combos.

That isn't all that different from just Whirlwind/Revenge though, except it's an extra body for Berserker buff source and you can have 2 Whirlwinds along with it.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 07:14:30 pm »

That isn't all that different from just Whirlwind/Revenge though, except it's an extra body for Berserker buff source and you can have 2 Whirlwinds along with it.
Gives more options to replace the stuff that's being lost in a Reno Warrior deck though.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »

Gives more options to replace the stuff that's being lost in a Reno Warrior deck though.

Death's Bite, you will be missed *sniff*.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 08:23:29 pm »

What do you think are the odds of Warrior getting a new weapon?  I'd think pretty high - every set (except Blackrock, I think?) has added one.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »

Why, this doubles the damage dealt with a Death's Bite deathrattle, no?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:18 pm »

Oh, well I thought Jeebus was referring to the cards Reno Warrior will lose in Standard, which includes Death's Bite.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

Oh, well I thought Jeebus was referring to the cards Reno Warrior will lose in Standard, which includes Death's Bite.

I was! I assume you mean me, no one has ever called me Jeebus before. It's a good username though.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »

I was! I assume you mean me, no one has ever called me Jeebus before. It's a good username though.

Oh whoops, you're Jorbles. Jeebus is that other user whose name starts with a J, who happens to play and post about Dominion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:28:28 pm by markusin »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2016, 12:29:27 pm »

So we've got N'Zoth's First Mate, a 1/1 for (1) for Warrior that equips you a 1/3 weapon.  Seems pretty neat.

And then Faceless Shambler, a 1/1 with Taunt for (4) that gains the stats of a friendly minion you choose.  Seems... meh?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.