Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Twitch Plays Dominion  (Read 2749 times)

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
Twitch Plays Dominion
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:26 pm »
+1

So I was watching a stream the other day (I don't remember whose, it may have even been mine), and people in the twitch chat were screaming (metaphorically) what they wanted the player to play/buy/etc.  Someone in the stream suggested Twitch plays Dominion as a joke. 

I started thinking, that would actually be pretty interesting, and might cause for some interesting situations because even top players frequently disagree what the best strategy is.

So my questions:
  How do people think this would work out?  Would a player just take the first command in the chat and then execute it?  Could you do it in a way where people in the chat vote on what to do, and the highest vote after 5 seconds wins?

Could we automate it?  I don't know how Twitch plays Pokémon worked, but is that possible to do with the current client?

Either way, I think it would be a fun experiment to try, and we might learn something along the way!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch Plays Dominion
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:05:36 pm »

TPP ran by taking the commands from chat and using them to pick which buttons to press on the Gameboy (or actually in the Gameboy emulator). I believe for later versions that were running on one of the touchscreen platforms that chat commands could include co-ordinates on the touchscreen to press. You probably could do it that way, but you'd then have so much random clicking everywhere, potentially even quitting the game. If you identified all the locations on the screen that would be clicked in a game (which gets tricky since it includes the various positions a card may be in your hand, along with the different arrangements of supply and related cards depending on things like Colonies, Potions, Young Witch, etc) then you could just give them names or codes or something.

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:30 pm »
+1

TPP ran by taking the commands from chat and using them to pick which buttons to press on the Gameboy (or actually in the Gameboy emulator). I believe for later versions that were running on one of the touchscreen platforms that chat commands could include co-ordinates on the touchscreen to press. You probably could do it that way, but you'd then have so much random clicking everywhere, potentially even quitting the game. If you identified all the locations on the screen that would be clicked in a game (which gets tricky since it includes the various positions a card may be in your hand, along with the different arrangements of supply and related cards depending on things like Colonies, Potions, Young Witch, etc) then you could just give them names or codes or something.

Twitch playing games by suggesting moves in the chat is actually quite common.  The moves are then performed by the human.  Example:

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:15:02 pm »

Twitch playing games by suggesting moves in the chat is actually quite common.  The moves are then performed by the human.  Example:

This looks like a good way to do it.  I would love to stream this sometime.  It would have to be when there are enough people online.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:29 pm »

Streams run at something like a 20 second delay, not sure if that would make the decisions during a turn too long.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:17 pm »

This looks like a good way to do it.  I would love to stream this sometime.  It would have to be when there are enough people online.
TPD versus Lord Bottington! Kingdom: Rats ...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.145 seconds with 20 queries.