Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 270  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 337461 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #4575 on: November 01, 2022, 01:58:54 pm »

Also the literature on this is giant clusterfuck. Compared to that, the literature on Multi-Party Computation and the literature on interpretability were both really structured and understandable. If there wasn't the book "The Organization of Action" from Gallistel, I don't know how I would have figured this all out. And that book is from 1980 -- the best source of information was written 42 years ago!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: November 01, 2022, 02:02:12 pm »

It's so bad that I'm genuinely not sure if it's mainstream or not, but I think it is. I found a talk from Gallistel only 14 years ago where he said that it's now not really debated anymore.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: November 01, 2022, 02:05:12 pm »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: November 02, 2022, 06:42:29 am »

Full timetable of forth-graders

It's strange to me that Rowling never bothered to make this -- how else are you gonna keep an overview and avoid contradictions?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: November 02, 2022, 07:44:23 am »

So apparnetly I signed up for another thing on the internet. (The lottery stuff has all been resolved successfully; no losses.) (This other thing was probably also when I tried to get the password for that Ray album, dn when else it could have happened.) I think it's a subscription thing where I got three months free and then "forgot" to cancel. (The fact that the lady on the phone immediately said I forgot is already funny, it's like not even a pretense that I could maybe want to pay for the service.)

Anyway, this time I was less of a pushover on the phone and just claimed that I never received written documents that informed me of the right for withdrawal. But the lady wasn't particularly fond of that strategy. She ended the call rather abruptly.

Let's see if I can get out of this one. I don't exactly have money to throw around rn.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: November 02, 2022, 07:46:21 am »

And I in fact don't recall ever receiving such documents.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: November 02, 2022, 07:53:49 am »

The fact that she lost her patience so quickly kind of suggests that encountering resistance is rare, somewhat interestingly.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: November 03, 2022, 05:43:10 pm »

Tetris championship. This is great.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: November 04, 2022, 05:10:39 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!! !!!!!!! DID IT

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: November 04, 2022, 05:11:16 pm »

I got

the yes

from my EA grant application

Now I'll have pay for the next 12 months

and don't have to worry about getting a job

I'm so happy

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: November 04, 2022, 05:11:44 pm »

Like I actually get paid for the thing I want to be doing oh god it's so nice :')

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: November 04, 2022, 05:15:07 pm »

I was already dreading the prospect of having to apply for a new teacher position or something

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4587 on: November 04, 2022, 05:49:24 pm »

Congrats!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4588 on: November 05, 2022, 06:53:58 pm »

Mastodon is actually getting a lot more active recently. A lot of people are joining, which makes more people want to join as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4589 on: November 07, 2022, 12:09:59 pm »

Oh hey actually here's a chance for me to demonstrate my composer recognition ability/biases. As far as I know, it has not been announced who is doing the music for this upcoming movie. The previous two movies from the same director had the music done by Radwimps, but the singer in this trailer is definitely not Radwimps' singer. By default, I don't think it would be ridiculously unlikely for the movie to have a different composer or have an insert song by a different artist as the director has worked with different composers and artists before, nor would it be ridiculously unlikely for Radwimps to feature a guest singer, but judging from the compositional style, I am like 90-93% sure this is Radwimps.

It remains to be seen whether this will be an example of how I can recognize Radwimps or how I can trick myself into finding Radwimps characteristics from songs that are not by Radwimps when I start with the preconceived notion that it could potentially be Radwimps.

It was Radwimps with a guest singer. (and in fact it had already been announced at the time of me writing that, I was just not aware of it, I was only aware of the trailer when it came out and the composer wasn't announced until later (I had also remarked on the compositional style reminding me of Radwimps elsewhere very soon after the trailer dropped, so I could in principle prove that I'm not just bullShiTting here, if that was necessary for some reason)).

Also it turns out the soundtrack overall is a collaboration between Radwimps and another composer whose style I am not familiar with so it being someone else was indeed a legitimate possibility. The track from the trailer in particular was only credited to the guy from Radwimps though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4590 on: November 07, 2022, 12:18:27 pm »

I assign you seven credibility points

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: November 07, 2022, 12:20:33 pm »

part of me thinks that we will have a big polling error in democrats favor because everyone overcorrected

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: November 07, 2022, 02:36:59 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4593 on: November 07, 2022, 05:26:31 pm »

In other news, I finally reached my arbitrary target share ratio of 6.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: November 08, 2022, 04:47:04 am »

my account balance had literally dipped below 100 euros right before the grant arrived just then, that's some clutch timing. Didn't think I'd get into double digits

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: November 08, 2022, 04:47:37 am »

(do have some crypto ofc, but still, it's pretty funny)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: November 08, 2022, 05:48:33 am »

Unrelated, I have some more Harry Potter questions

- Putting the reasonableness of the entire plan aside, why did the cup at the end of the third task transport you back to Hogwarts after touching it again? this seems like a uh potential hazard in the plan worth addressing

- How did Myrtle cover her eyes when Harry entered and left the prefect's bathroom? The book says that she covered her glasses, but aren't her hands see-through? I think Harry may not have gotten the privacy he thought he had.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4597 on: November 08, 2022, 06:19:58 am »

- How did Myrtle cover her eyes when Harry entered and left the prefect's bathroom? The book says that she covered her glasses, but aren't her hands see-through? I think Harry may not have gotten the privacy he thought he had.

How I remember the scene in the film adaptation, I certainly got the impression that Harry didn't get the privacy (and might not even had thought he had any).

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: November 08, 2022, 06:32:35 am »

This raises some fun questions about ghosts in general. Like, how come if they are see-through, you cannot make out their inner organs? Well a reasonable answer is there aren't any, the ghost form merely replicates the outermost shell.

Let's think about Almost Headless Nick in this context. You can certainly see the gore at his wound when his head is dangling, but (presumably) if the head is in position, it's impossible to see the wound in the inside of his throat; only the outermost shell is replicated in the world and thus when covered up, the wound ceases to exist.

And now back to Myrtle; once she covers her eyes, you cannot see them anymore through her hands. Her eyes literally cease to exist during the time they are covered and thus she is unable to perceive anything with them.

I like the way of answering the question because of how quietly unsettling it is.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: November 08, 2022, 06:34:57 am »

- Putting the reasonableness of the entire plan aside, why did the cup at the end of the third task transport you back to Hogwarts after touching it again? this seems like a uh potential hazard in the plan worth addressing
It's an insurance policy for the case that another champion gets to the cup first; they can get rid of them and use the portkey to retrieve Harry from the maze.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 270  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.