Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 273  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 342978 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #4275 on: August 11, 2022, 06:35:39 am »

Let's psychoanalzye some people. I think the reason why this thread hit so much resistance (although it's now at least at positive karma!) is that many people who have suffered from kidney stones really don't want this herb to help. If it did, they would have to admit that all of their enormous suffering was cheaply preventable. And you'd think that above a certain level, they'd just forget about those petty motivations and try to help others avoid the same, but, well, there's not actually any particular reason to believe it works that way.

That's probably a part of it but I bet the neo-Nazis are another part.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: August 11, 2022, 09:05:30 am »

And here I thought herbal medicine was still primarily a hippie left wing thing

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 11, 2022, 10:53:38 am »

The Legendary Kelsey Piper shares 226 takes on Effective Altruism. It wasn't one take per like in the end, but you gotta appreciate the effort.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 11, 2022, 11:18:44 am »

Moody be like "I'm not gonna tell you what to do because I'm impartial; I'll just give you the general advice to do exactly this thing to win".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 11, 2022, 11:19:22 am »

That's good writing though; you're supposed to wonder why he wants to help Harry so much

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: August 11, 2022, 03:22:03 pm »

Mods actually pulled the Chanca Piedra thread, can you believe it? No reason given either. Not even told me t hat they did. They just silently pulled it from the front page. Conspiracy!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: August 11, 2022, 03:22:33 pm »

Imagine if your life's energy is directed toward making more people feel 7/10 pain on a logarithmic scale.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: August 11, 2022, 03:23:29 pm »

Just gonna visit the board regularly and PM everyone who asks for help a link, from now until Chanca Piedra is recognized

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4283 on: August 11, 2022, 04:47:01 pm »

Just gonna visit the board regularly and PM everyone who asks for help a link, from now until Chanca Piedra is recognized

Uh... that is definitely only going to make it look more like a scam.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: August 11, 2022, 04:58:13 pm »

I don't think so. If you ask for help, which people do quite regularly, it's literally just an answer, and a PM is doing it in the most unobtrusive way possible.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4285 on: August 11, 2022, 05:05:10 pm »

It's also the most scammy way possible.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: August 11, 2022, 05:21:34 pm »

I don't think I have a good theory of mind for how scammers operate

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4287 on: August 11, 2022, 05:35:43 pm »

Sending PMs is good for scamming because it makes it seem more personal so it feels worse for the victim to ignore the scammer, and more importantly, because it prevents anyone else from pointing out to the victim that it is obviously a scam. And then scammers send a lot of PMs to people which is how people learn to associate PMs, especially PMs with links, with scams, and the fact that people already believe alternative medicine is a scam to begin with doesn't help.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: August 11, 2022, 05:46:32 pm »

literally never thought of any of that

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: August 11, 2022, 05:48:07 pm »

but fine no PMs

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: August 18, 2022, 04:59:30 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4291 on: August 18, 2022, 02:53:20 pm »

Today has been an absolutely hilarious day for people who follow the news. And probably an unimaginably embarrassing day for the person who misheard the lyrics to the Petri Nygård song Selvä päivä, and then proceeded to sing her misheard version while drunk at a party, which got captured on a video, which was leaked to the media, which the media published because the Prime Minister was attending the same party and the misheard lyrics arguably seemed to refer to speed or cocaine, which raised suspicions if the PM was using drugs at the party, and now everyone in Finland is repeatedly listening to a sped-down version of the part with her singing the misheard lyrics to debate what exactly she is saying there (of course whether people hear the alleged reference to drugs or something else correlates perfectly with whether they support the opposition or the government, respectively), and not only did it blow up in Finland, it also blew up internationally, e.g. being a bigger headline on The Guardian than Algeria's massive wildfires killing dozens of people.

The moral of the story is: if you ever attend a party with any notable political figures present, make sure you actually know the lyrics to all the songs you're singing along with.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 19, 2022, 01:50:57 pm »

Well I don't watch the news so I'm out of the joke.

But instead, I tripped(?) for the first time yesterday. Without taking any substances. After about 35 minutes of intense concentration, something shifted qualitatively, much like if you had taken something. Very hard to describe how it felt though, but was very pleasant. Also, after sustaining it for a while, I listened to music and immediately noticed several things in it that I had never heard before, even though I listen to that particular song all the time. Definitely real things, like telling apart several concurrently playing string instruments in a way that I usually can't.

QRI often likens the brain's electromagnetic field to a balloon and boundaries to so-called "pinch points" that separate the surface into several distinct groups.

So what "you" are is a segment of the field segmented out by pinch points. And there may in fact be several such segments that correspond to your brain. But when you increase the energy parameter, you may undo some of those pinches and thus merge some of those internal areas (which would immediately change the qualitative character of your experience). This fits how it felt very nicely.

Also, since the field is computationally relevant, it would make sense that I was literally better at hearing subtleties in music. Just very hard to use those states for anything really useful.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: August 19, 2022, 01:53:28 pm »

Amusingly, Universal Love, said the Cactus Person is not even that absurd. Granted, DMT entities don't exist externally, and they don't seem to be able to factor numbers in particular. But they probably could do some really impressive computational things.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 19, 2022, 04:40:36 pm »

The truth is that I never understood what Clinton was supposed to have done wrong in the email story

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4295 on: August 21, 2022, 08:50:05 am »

The truth is that I never understood what Clinton was supposed to have done wrong in the email story

Me neither, I don't even have a very good idea what the e-mail story was about.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 21, 2022, 09:38:17 am »

So there's this logic problem. the names of 100 prisoners are randomly put into 100 boxes. One after the other, each prisoner goes into the room and is allowed to open exactly 50 boxes searching for their name, but they have to leave them as they found them. If all 100 prisoners find their names, they are freed; if 99 or fewer do, they are all executed. They are allowed to strategize beforehand. The task is to find the best strategy, which supposedly gives >30% odds of success.

Have not heard of this puzzle before. Let's see if I can solve it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 21, 2022, 09:39:23 am »

The first prisoner has 0.5 chance no matter what. So it seems like you could simplify significantly by just asking how the chance isn't already down to 0.25 by the time the first two do their thing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 21, 2022, 09:42:21 am »

correction, each one has a number and must find their number, but this is obviously not going to change the problem

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 21, 2022, 09:49:03 am »

well so far I feel really stupid because the problem just seems trivially impossible
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 273  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.