Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 273  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 345122 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #3676 on: June 10, 2022, 03:45:22 pm »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 10, 2022, 05:04:19 pm »

https://slate.com/technology/2019/07/trigger-warnings-research-shows-they-dont-work-might-hurt.html
I would steer clear of any article written about a preprint.

The study itself has been published too.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2167702620921341
I thought it might have, since the article was three years old. It's still not a sign of good journalism.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way on the actual topic at hand. It seems there are some studies that suggest no benefit but those are few in number and there's not meta studies available yet. I think the better way is to consider carefully whether the potentially triggering scenes/images are really beneficial for the plot of your show or to understand the topic at hand.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: June 11, 2022, 04:58:47 am »

Aella explains how to use body language to be maximally seductive

I consider this to be a demonstration that everything I've said about autism+intelligence is on point.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: June 11, 2022, 05:03:06 am »

Apparently she's absurdly good at this kind of thing, based on income on onlyfans (which is extremely high) and attractiveness (which I'm told is only 7/10)

may have something to do with the fact that like the majority of people doing this don't consciously optimize any of this stuff. I don't know that, but there's no way it's not true.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 11, 2022, 06:39:12 am »

Noob biology question: so if I understand correctly, then [2 oxygen atoms & 1 Carbon atom] have more energy than a CO² molecule. This is why the human metabolism works: we take the high energy atoms and turn them into low energy CO² molecules, so that we can use the extra energy to power our bodies

Plants do the opposite -- is this why they require sunlight? Does sunlight provide the energy required to turn the CO² molecule back into two Os and a C?

But if so, why not just take the sunlight energy directly? Why go through the trouble of also performing this chemical reaction that requires energy as input in a way that conveniently does the opposite of what humans are doing? I guess because they want the Carbon to build up themselves?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 11, 2022, 08:07:34 am »

Noob biology question: so if I understand correctly, then [2 oxygen atoms & 1 Carbon atom] have more energy than a CO² molecule. This is why the human metabolism works: we take the high energy atoms and turn them into low energy CO² molecules, so that we can use the extra energy to power our bodies

Plants do the opposite -- is this why they require sunlight? Does sunlight provide the energy required to turn the CO² molecule back into two Os and a C?

But if so, why not just take the sunlight energy directly? Why go through the trouble of also performing this chemical reaction that requires energy as input in a way that conveniently does the opposite of what humans are doing? I guess because they want the Carbon to build up themselves?
I do not remember this for sure, but I think it is the case that plants also use some of the oxygen they produce. Clearly they can't use sunlight energy when it's dark, but there are still functions they have to perform then, so they do photosynthesis to store up that energy and have gotten so good at it that they produce an excess. Maybe?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 11, 2022, 09:03:53 am »

Makes sense. But if what I said is otherwise even approximately correct, that means the same optimization process produced one set of systems that performed process P, and another set that performed reverse P. That's pretty incredible.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 11, 2022, 09:08:00 am »

So my cousin visited me, and we talked about about the MBTI thing. I had introduced her to it years ago and it turns out she became a massive fan, analyzing people in those terms constantly.

Seems like I was flat wrong about what the last category measures! I thought it was about whether you try to fit things into a fixed world view or not, but actually it seems to be about whether you prefer spontaneity over structure.

Afaik this was the category I got wrong for faust, and this is why! P makes way more sense than J on the new axis.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 11, 2022, 09:09:35 am »

Anyway I now got further reinforcement for liking the test :-)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 11, 2022, 09:12:14 am »

Another thought apropos to nothing: people go around life behaving as if they will remember what they learn. This is nuts. We forget almost everything. I'm not saying this means we should stop studying, but nonetheless, surely this fact should be taken into account more!

Skilled people who give talks do that, but I don't really see it in school or in textbooks. Wouldn't most learning materials make sense in a world where we don't forget almost everything over time? If so, this can't possibly be ideal.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 11, 2022, 09:13:10 am »

The problems with school have been discussed here, but this really goes further.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 11, 2022, 09:15:46 am »

Another thing apropos of nothing: if you want to see if you can learn to predict how ResNet18's neurons "think", this is now public:

http://resnetannotationgame.com/460.html

Replace 460 with any number from 0 to 511 to try it with that neuron instead.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 11, 2022, 09:57:51 am »

I've now uninstalled magic since the activity seemed unskillful, as Buddhists would say.

Final Bo1 stats: 112 : 69 (62% wins), with 93/88 P1s/P2s.
Among the 93 P1s, winrate is 71:22 (76%). Among the 88 P2s, it's therefore 41:47 (47%).

Where is my medal?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: June 11, 2022, 10:18:15 am »

Was also getting worse, people started playing lots of annoying control decks near the end. I don't like playing against control decks and my deck isn't good against it.

My deck was of course a control deck as well, but one that went through enormous efforts to beat aggression and consequently mopped the floor with aggro decks. When I was P1 with a decent hand it was almost impossible to lose. Whereas most other control decks felt like like a dumb "hope my opponent isn't aggressive bc then i lose lol" gamble.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: June 11, 2022, 10:19:24 am »

Few things as annoying as feeling like your opponent is playing something that is only good against exactly what you're doing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: June 11, 2022, 12:12:18 pm »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 11, 2022, 01:59:34 pm »

Here's an example of the beauty of living in 2020. I wanted an article viciously shitting on Tree Trunks from Adventure Times, so I typed "Tree Trunks is the worst character in adventure time" into google, and it instantly delivered. Isn't it great?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 11, 2022, 02:57:36 pm »

Greatest composer in the world performs his second greatest album live:

This is now my favorite thing on youtube. Not close.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3695 on: June 11, 2022, 08:22:51 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3696 on: June 11, 2022, 09:36:28 pm »

I wonder how healthy it is for a person to be talking to an AI this advanced for months, especially with the intention of trying to learn as much about the AI itself as possible. There might be a need for AI ethics ethics.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 12, 2022, 04:15:03 am »

That's paywalled!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 12, 2022, 04:25:56 am »

Anyway seems like either he's dumb our seeking attention

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3699 on: June 12, 2022, 06:35:27 am »

That's paywalled!

Paywalls are more skippable than people think.

In The Washington Post's case, Stylebot's readability mode bypasses the paywall. It bypasses a bunch of other paywalls as well, and many paywalls that can't be bypassed with Stylebot can be bypassed with Bypass Paywalls. These tools are (probably, IANAL) completely legal to use too.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 273  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.