Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 273  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 343404 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #1000 on: February 16, 2020, 05:30:00 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy  the vanguard and the harpy ASAP. Your opponents will most likely try to deny you two central settlement since  your vanguard + harpy have a ton of gold value and should find it very difficult to stay alive. You will most likely win the game after 10 turns (or less if your opponent doubles the mercenaries). If you are unsure of what you should spend your gold on, for example to purchase a powerhouse or a trade route, then just know that the  harpy is a great economy pickup and does  not  have to be the last  take. I've seen my opponents end games by playing two trade routes which is really not a win for them.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 16, 2020, 05:35:37 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is  always 50% cheaper than scout, so you'll be able to get 2 more units per turn. This will also let you sneak scout over to an enemy base while they're making units for your tower, so you can easily push their towers out of your way.
I go into a lot more detail on how to play dominion in my guide, but you should already have a good understanding of how scout works by now.
Summary / Deep Analysis
Unfortunately, this is one of those guides that starts off by discussing what type of player this guide is intended for, and then gives an overall analysis of how to play dominion. I can't stress enough that I'm not calling

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 16, 2020, 05:36:25 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is ________. Hated. That's right. A Laser Cannon. How stupid do you think we are? If you're still playing games, then please stop. Just play a card game. Game made for the fun of it and for the relief it brings. If it's such a great game, why do you need to play it at all?

In all seriousness, anything which increases your chances of success is better than anything which reduces them. The objective is to obtain more cards so you can trade them for better cards. That is the primary reason behind a mass buy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 16, 2020, 05:37:09 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is  $1.19 and will let you not only produce more Scouts, but also support your army for longer with the ability to upgrade Scout to more powerful units such as Dragoons and Stalkers. With 6 units already on the board and 7 remaining, this is the equivalent of buying two Firebats, a Hydra, two Goliaths, and three Marauders. Obviously you'll want to have at least one in your deck for your Raiders when you're in Doubles, but that leaves a lot of potential for starting units.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 16, 2020, 05:37:22 pm »

I think this is one of the best prompts I've ever used.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: February 16, 2020, 05:38:11 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is  it's main potential for killing zerg.  Being able to also avoid baneling mines is great as well.
As in all other Rush build order openings, playing against rush builds is all about scouting. Because of this, if you think your opponent is going to try to rush in, you must take out all the buildings on your side before pushing, since you might be a little behind by the time he gets there.  If your opponent's rush is something like taking your third at ~7 minutes into the game, you should take out the third before 6 minutes.  While doing this, you should also watch out for any ling/bane aggression

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 16, 2020, 05:39:14 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is ********* balanced. You'll always lose the war of attrition anyway, but at least you're buying a unit that wins the fight no matter what. And again, with player 1, the AI is only very smart in dominion. If it doesn't take damage, it won't do anything. Scout is thus necessary in order to pick up two points of territory, and the win is guaranteed. In other words, its a perfectly reasonable unit.

The AI gets bad for no apparent reason.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 16, 2020, 05:40:02 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is  the best card for pressuring your opponent through his-or-her wastelands. Usually, you'll buy this card when your opponent has at least 3 space in his-or-her wastelands. In order to reach those 3 spaces, you need at least one enemy card in hand to trash (either Wild Carrot or Cultivate), one space in hand to discard (Forest's Curse or Garden's Path), and one space in your opponent's hand to trash (Maybe I'm missing something? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 16, 2020, 05:40:32 pm »

Have you tried it without putting a space after "is"? It looks really awkward seeing the two spaces.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 16, 2020, 05:41:59 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is  powerful, because it has a clear weakness, and because it has great synergies with a host of other cards. The key to winning is to buy Scout, then Scout well, and eventually with upgrades! A look at the card itself and the rest of the card pool gives a better understanding of what this is all about, how this works, and why Scout is such a king. Scout gets the Scout tech tag because it's such a powerful card. The cards in Dominion help you buy Scout, and that's why Scout is powerful. And I'll try to illustrate that point as best I can. First, let's take a look at the card itself.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 16, 2020, 05:42:13 pm »

Good catch. I have not.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 16, 2020, 05:44:08 pm »

Completion
When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is a monster. The no. 1 card in all of dominion. Build it if you want, don't go crazy. Just watch how fast your opponents have to whittle it down. Really, have it by turn 5 if possible.

At this point, you might be wondering how to get Scout to play the Scout cards. The answer is… why wouldn't you? It is an absolutely amazing card, and like all the best cards in a game of magic, there are different ways to use it. Some cards (and this one is one) simply help you more, others enhance your deck in many ways.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 16, 2020, 05:45:53 pm »

When playing dominion, the best way to beat your opponent is to always buy Scout. That's because Scout is the best card in the game. Scout (as well as Air Raid, (If I had the money!) Privateer Press, and any other card which prevents your opponent from reaching you) is a must-buy in any tier 1 deck and a necessary investment in most tiers 2 decks. However, if you don't have money, Air Raid, (If I had the money!) Privateer Press, and any other card which prevents your opponent from reaching you) is a must-buy in any tier 1 deck and a necessary investment in most tiers 2 decks. However, if you don't have money, Crown is the best version of Scout because it allows you to control the board

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 16, 2020, 05:48:15 pm »

I used to think that the random occurrences of dominion cards are coincidence, then it happened more and I thought maybe not? But they probably are.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 17, 2020, 02:01:42 am »

The no. 1 card in all of dominion.

It's not Bureaucrat?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 17, 2020, 03:36:04 am »

Is Bureaucrat the strongest card in dominion? The answer is yes, but not for everyone.

Bureaucrat is incredibly powerful, and especially strong in blue decks. Below I've compiled a list of some of the more popular reasons I mention Bureaucrat as a strong choice to go first in a blue deck. In addition, some of the reasons I cite are actually more up for debate, and which should be discussed between Blue Card Gamers and the readers of The Blue Card Game. So be warned, the list is not made to be definitive, but rather to provide a bit of insight into the viability of Bureaucrat in a blue control deck.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 27, 2020, 04:55:16 pm »

Challenge: guess which parts of the text below are real lyrics and which part is GPT-2:

I heard the old dead sleigh gliding to its restful drones, purposely knocking the pictures off their nails.
With a vacancy ogling my sober inhalation, our curator's rocking to the rhythm of the rain on her carved hair here in this room, with the inverted torches at its barrier, where materia vibrated out.
Its vibration left a plume climbing its way up a blue-blessed curl, which was girdled by aurora of obliging black morel.
Another took its leave of the yellow mountains, and came strolling down to me. I rubbed my eyes to see if I was dreaming.
On he came, as clear as day, with a flannel and fringed umbrella which I could not hardly mistake.
Then, I called and cried out while I minded the bell that dangled crazily closet edge of the basin of the rain which fell.
(It fell in the shape of a bifurcated ammonite shell).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 27, 2020, 04:58:40 pm »

This band plays an extreme progressive industrial electronic jazz sci-fi metal brand of chamber music. They're best known for their songs: 'Jumpa Jumpa Jumpa', 'Shark Feeding', 'Robot Illusion', 'Plasma Ray', and 'Invisible'. Prior to the formation of the band, they performed in various places within California, such as from San Francisco, and Las Vegas, and released an EP of original music called, 'Nuclear Threat' in 2008. The band has been very active in their hometown of San Francisco and also participated in The Fillmore. You can check out their music at https://SoundCloud.com/Thundersystem & https://sfbg.bandcamp.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 27, 2020, 05:00:50 pm »

They're very unique. Their sound has elements of math rock and progressive metal blended with elements of genre-bending electronic music, groove, and jazz. However, their vocals are very emotive, complex, and challenging, without sacrificing raw emotion. These aren't your 'You've Got To Believe In Yourself' J. Jamiesons. For me, they were certainly the only band who approached the genre as something less sexy, clean, and laid back.

I feel this album has the kind of incredibly challenging but always moving musicality that many contemporary electronic music aspires to. The mind-bending conceptuality that they've achieved with their complex yet elegant sonic landscapes is unmatched.

Unique mental maps and mind-bending ambient guitars underscore everything on here and instill an increasing sense of anxiety as each track builds towards climax. If you want to experience a completely different mind-fucking experience then this album is for you. As with everything in Ekopreams, there's so much variety on display and there's no shortage of pleasure.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 27, 2020, 05:03:22 pm »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: February 27, 2020, 05:05:06 pm »

I might actually let GPT-2 write an album review for me and put it on Sputnik to see what happens.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 18, 2020, 11:24:39 am »

[

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 03, 2020, 11:20:05 am »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 12, 2020, 03:20:44 am »

been reading through the list of all planeswalkers in my spare time. it's surprisingly fun

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:24 am »

This is best understood by the Bragadochi-Isomorphism for hyper-toxic masculinity. Completely mistaken. You can't make a monoclonal antibody against toxins, and you can't turn yourself toxic, either by drinking glassed water or receiving repeated brutal insults. This is why the only way to compensate for severe emotional abuse is to emote for it.

Indeed, one might interpret Bragadochi's purported trick as just another way of getting people to care about you. And that might be true. He is a gifted father who wants to give his children the best childhood possible and see his grandson someday become a world-class musician. But as I was talking to another critic, who pointed out that it's not Brag
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 273  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.