Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Games Tournament?  (Read 1440 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Gatekeeper Games Tournament?
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »
+4

Hi all!

At the beginning of this year, a game store called Gatekeeper Games opened in my neighborhood. Nice local business, we loe game stores, yada yada yada. Today, we went out there for the first time. My mom was interested in me holding a tournament there, so we chatted up the owner for a little bit.

His store has gotten off to a slow start, not to say he's going bankrupt anytime soon, but as we all know, handheld games are rapidly replacing the board games we know and love. Because of this, he seemed thrilled at the prospect of a 'weekly Dominion night' at his store. I can't commit to a weekly thing, but hosting a tournament once and a while or having a monthly Dominion night or something similar might be nice.

Would anyone from the forums be interested in driving to 3127 W. 12 Mile Rd Berkley, Michigan 48072?

My local paper has a section for community events and such, I might contact them if there is interest. The manager of the store (Tim) thought that getting this potential tournament sanctioned by Rio Grande Games would be an excellent, doable idea, and I would agree.

To summarize what I wrote above, would anyone be interested in a tournament relatively soon? You can look at the store's website at gatekeeper@gatekeepergames.net, and they have a Facebook page that you could find easily.

I hope to get some feedback!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Games Tournament?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:38:44 am »

My wife and I would definitely be interested in coming out to a tournament.  We probably couldn't make it out to a weekly Dominion night, but we may be able to do it now and then.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.