Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83  All

Author Topic: M78: Insomnia Mafia- Game Over, Scum Wins!  (Read 177753 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
M78: Insomnia Mafia- Game Over, Scum Wins!
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »

Welcome to M78: Insomnia Mafia

This is a game for 13 players, using an Invented Open setup designed by A Drowned Kernel (with help from faust).

Signups are open.

1. Roadrunner7671 VT, lynched Day Two
2. gkrieg13 Innocent Child, killed Night One
3. faust VT, lynched Day Five
4. silverspawn VT, lynched Day Four
5. yuma VT, killed Night Two
6. 2.71828 VT, killed Night Three
7. Hydrad Mafia Goon, survived
8. EgorK VT, endgamed
9. Joseph2302 VT, lynched Day One
10. Limetime replaced by gkrieg13, Mafia Goon, lynched Day Three
11. Teproc VT, endgamed
12. Witherweaver VT, killed Night Four
13. scott_pilgrim Mafia Goon, survived

Tags: ashersky, chairs

Game State Tracker:
Day One Start
Day Two Start
Day Three Start
Day Four Start
Day Five Start
Game End

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information or the contents of shared QTs is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. All night actions must be submitted within 24 hours of day ending.
6. Players must post once every 24 hours.
7. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
8. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
9. Cryptography is not allowed.
10. The time between a lynch being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the lynched player.
11. Dead players may not post in thread or QT. A lynched player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
12. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable.
2. Unvotes should be in this format: unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may vote: no lynch.
5. Lynches occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, a lynch cannot be undone.
6. If deadline is reached without a lynch, a No-Lynch will occur.

The Rest:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mods. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mods. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mods via PM or in your QT. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Prods will be issued UPON REQUEST after a player has been inactive for 24 hours. If a player receives three prods over the course of the game they are subject to a modkill.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mods.

Deadlines:
Days will last 10 IRL days, with deadlines adjusted for my own availability. Nights will last 48 hours. Neighborhood actions will be due at the 24 hour mark, mafia actions will be due at the end of the Night.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:34:53 pm by A Drowned Kernel »
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M78: Insomnia Mafia- Signups Open
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »

This setup is a work in progress and may change before the game begins.

Insomnia Mafia

A game for 13 players

3 Mafia Goons
9 Vanilla Townies
1 Innocent Child

Scum has normal factional NK, as well as Daychat.

At the beginning of N0, all players except for the IC are randomly assigned to one of 4 Neighborhoods, with exactly 3 players in each one.

-During the day, players may only post votes in their neighborhoods. Posting at night is unrestricted.
   -Each Neighborhood controls a PR. Each Night, the members of the Neighborhood may vote on a player NOT in the Neighborhood to target with the PR. This target is chosen by a majority vote.
   -To use their PR, the Neighborhood must also vote on a member to carry out the action. Upon being selected, that player may PM the mod saying that they will secretly cancel the action, but they may NOT choose a target other than the one voted on by the Neighborhood.
   -Both votes will be locked in as soon as a majority is reached, similar to the lynch vote. Players may still talk at Night after the vote has been locked in.
   -If a member of a Neighborhood is lynched, then its action will be unavailable the following Night.
   -If a member of a Neighborhood is Night Killed, then its action will be unavailable the next Night.
   -Deadline for Neighborhood actions will be 24 hours before the end of the Night, deadline for Mafia actions will be at the end of the Night. All actions will still be resolved simultaneously. Majority votes lock in the decisions, same as for voting for the lynch. If a majority is not reached by deadline, no action will be taken.

The four Neighborhood powers are:

-Doctor
   -Roleblocker
   -Motion Detector (only the player taking the action receives the result)
   -Paranoid Gun Owner (this neighborhood only votes for the player who acts as the PR, and does not vote for a target)

Role specifications:
   -Motion Detector will receive results of “Motion Detected” or “Motion Not Detected”. These are both distinct from "No Result" if the Motion Detector is Roleblocked.
   -If an action is Roleblocked, it will not be seen by the Motion Detector.
   -Doctor protects against PGO kills. Roleblocker will stop the PGO from killing anyone.

Sample PMs:

Welcome, [player name], to Insomnia Mafia! You are a Vanilla Townie! You win when all Mafia players have been eliminated.

You are part of the [Neighborhood Link]. You may post freely there during the Night and vote on its power during the Day. Please post there at least once a Night, including Night 0.

Welcome, [player name], to Insomnia Mafia! You are an Innocent Child. You win when all Mafia playes have been eliminated. You will be mod-confirmed as town at the beginning of day one.

Welcome, [player name], to Insomnia Mafia! You are a Mafia Goon! You win when Mafia controls the Town, or nothing can happen to prevent that. You may talk with your partners [scum QT link]. This QT will be open Night and Day.

You are part of the [Neighborhood Link]. You may post freely there during the Night and vote on its power during the Day. Please post there at least once a Night, including Night 0.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:29:48 pm by A Drowned Kernel »
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:35:54 pm »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:00:48 pm »

/in

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

/in

The setup is basically a simplified version of ASoIaF Mafia.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:31 pm »

Is the Paranoid Gun Owner 1-shot?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:48:27 pm »

/in

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »

In. Want to read over setup but probably in.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:15:55 pm »

/in

This setup looks amazing
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »

So, setup talk. Each qt "may" vote on a player to target. So targeting is not compulsive, but if targeting occurs, qt "must" select a player.

Is targeting by majority, but will it occur even if only one player votes on a player to target (say 4 in qt, only one player votes. Does the action still go through)? Are ties decided by coin flip?

Just some technicalities that I think the rules should address.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 01:04:01 am »

Tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 03:47:00 am »

/in

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 09:51:32 am »

Not sure how e already knows that he's going to be sucm, but he's doing setup talk, so he must.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 02:22:39 pm »

/in
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:50:42 pm »

Not sure how e already knows that he's going to be sucm, but he's doing setup talk, so he must.

Vote: -1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 11:03:03 pm »

On deadlines: I'm still deciding how much Night deadlines should be adjusted, as well as whether to keep the Neighborhoods open during the day. I'd like to hear suggestions from anyone interested in playing on the matter.

My feedback would be twofold:

1. Keep night deadlines as short as possible. Probably still the 48 hours as usual for both the night and for processing night actions. The setup doesn't seem so complex that resolution couldn't be done in around 10 minutes for the mod. I suggest this because any game that has longer than 48 hour nights tends to have a hard time with activity.

2. To help facilitate night time discussion keep the neighborhoods open during the day ONLY for voting purposes. That is, only allow members of the neighborhood to vote during the day whether or not to use the neighborhood and who should use it. No other posting during the day would be allowed. Something like: <b>Vote: WW</b> or <b>Vote: No Action</b> would be the only things permitted during the day. Votes during the day would be binding through the night so that if a player isn't able to have a lot of access during the night there would still be the possibility for an action to take affect and would also mean that players would have to be wary of their voting as a vote in the QT could be binding even before nightfalls. This would also be interesting way to semi-communicate with neighbors in a subtle, private way.

I haven't thought this through completely and there may be issues with my suggestions, but mostly I think keeping nights at 48 hours at maximum should be sought after.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:00 am »

Remember, there is additional twist with action executioner who can cancel action. That's why 24 hour deadline for group actions is added, I believe

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 10:35:21 am »

/in

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 11:40:40 am »

Remember, there is additional twist with action executioner who can cancel action. That's why 24 hour deadline for group actions is added, I believe

Main reason for that is that having mafia and neighborhood deadlines simultaneously would result in the neighborhood holding off on their decision for as long as possible in order to not give mafia an idea about whom they should target. So one needs to come before the other; having mafia go last is better balance-wise.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 11:50:52 am »

Main reason for that is that having mafia and neighborhood deadlines simultaneously would result in the neighborhood holding off on their decision for as long as possible in order to not give mafia an idea about whom they should target. So one needs to come before the other; having mafia go last is better balance-wise.

I missed that twist. Still I would encourage keeping nights to a maximum of 48 hours to prevent lags. I guess people would be posting in neighborhoods theoretically during the night so that would prevent lags but it is still a concern if you start to get into the third night and day still hasn't started. Makes it hard to remember stuff that occurred in the previous night.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:08 pm »

I missed that twist. Still I would encourage keeping nights to a maximum of 48 hours to prevent lags. I guess people would be posting in neighborhoods theoretically during the night so that would prevent lags but it is still a concern if you start to get into the third night and day still hasn't started. Makes it hard to remember stuff that occurred in the previous night.

I agree that it's bad to have nights that are longer than 48 hours.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 01:15:16 pm »

I like Yuma's suggestion of only allowing voting during the day, that's a nice compromise. I'll update the rules and plaster list when I get home.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 01:39:29 pm »

/in
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »

/in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 19 queries.