Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Beri's case study #1  (Read 1464 times)

beri

• Bishop
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Beri's case study #1
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:33:29 am »

I played a fun game yesterday and only saw some combos as I played, so I'd like to have your view on which option would be best.

I hope this is the good place to post this kind of things, otherwise, feel free to move the topic.

We played with:

Poor house
Hamlet
Nomad camp
Baron
Mining village
Patron
Horn of plenty
Laboratory
Bazaar
Peddler

Obviously Patron goes well with Horn of plenty, but then I saw the following:
Poor house + hamlet (get peddlers and provinces)
Hamlet + baron (get estates, peddlers and provinces)

What path would have been yours?

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Beri's case study #1
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »
+1

This should be in the 'Game Reports' area, not in the 'Dominion Articles' area, because that's the place where you can submit game reports, get feedback, etc.

I look at this board and see a potential HoP megaturn.  As such, as long as you have enough draw (Lab), you can have 3-4 HoPs that turn into Provinces later.  Although, there is no thinning, so having >10 junk cards is risky, as it would take 10 Labs to draw 10 junk cards.

As such, I would only pick up Labs, Hamlets, and (free) Peddlers until I was strong enough to add in some HoP's, then use the HoP's to get more Labs, a few more HoPs, and other stuff until I had 8 uniques.  Poor House / Hamlet is tempting, but (1) that would probably never get you more than 1 Province per turn (which a megaturn can overcome), and (2) for the mentioned reasons, I don't want any cards that decrease my handsize other than HoP (Poor House, Baron, Nomad Camp).  I might open a Mining Village to use the $2 to spike a Lab early (a Silver is another junk card in the HoP megaturn).

I am completely ignoring Patron, sorry :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.