Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Scheme  (Read 17417 times)

vulturesrow

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Scheme
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:45:46 am »

I love Scheme. Im sure I dont always use it optimally since I am new but it just seems to make the game flow a little easier no matter what my overall strategy is.

Mr. Splashypants

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 06:12:06 pm »

How does the King's Court and Scheme get you a hand of 9 cards?  Doesn't it just let you dictate what goes back on your deck outside of the 5 you'd draw?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 06:16:47 pm »

How does the King's Court and Scheme get you a hand of 9 cards?  Doesn't it just let you dictate what goes back on your deck outside of the 5 you'd draw?

This instance in particular is suggesting the hand of KC,KC,Scheme,Scheme,Scheme.  With that hand, you can start each turn playing those 5 cards, at which point you will have 9 cards in hand and 9 actions.  You can return those 5 actions (and up to 4 more) to the top of your deck every turn, and repeat.

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »

I would think the best way to use Scheme in a Minion game (assuming you joined the Minion strategy, instead of trying to beat it), would be to place a single Minion on top of your deck and then all the rest of your schemes. If you get Minion-ed, you only lose a single Minion, which makes it more likely that one of your other Minions will be in the four-card hand. If you don't get Minion-ed, then you play all your schemes and then any Minions. Basically you give yourself the best chance of always starting with a Minion in hand--which is really the key to Minion decks.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »

Top-Decking KC-KC-Scheme-Scheme-Scheme for a draw engine is a lot more inefficient than just topdecking a big drawcard

KC-KC-Torturer, drawing a scheme before you play your third KC, is a utterly devastating combo.

ecq

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:26 am »

Top-Decking KC-KC-Scheme-Scheme-Scheme for a draw engine is a lot more inefficient than just topdecking a big drawcard

KC-KC-Torturer, drawing a scheme before you play your third KC, is a utterly devastating combo.

Using 2x KC - 3x Scheme for a draw engine implies that there is no big draw card.  Otherwise, you'd be top-decking 2x KC - 2x Scheme - [Big Draw Card] every turn.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:36 am »

Topdecking KC/KC/Scheme/Scheme/Scheme is something you'd probably never actually do in practice. If you're playing KC/Scheme big money, it's likely way too slow. So it needs some sort of help either in the form of +buys, +cards, or attacks. But with that support, you dont want to topdeck 3 schemes. You'd topdeck KC/KC/Scheme/Scheme/X or if you're likely to draw another Scheme or two, KC/KC/Scheme/X/X.

Mr. Splashypants

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »

This instance in particular is suggesting the hand of KC,KC,Scheme,Scheme,Scheme.  With that hand, you can start each turn playing those 5 cards, at which point you will have 9 cards in hand and 9 actions.  You can return those 5 actions (and up to 4 more) to the top of your deck every turn, and repeat.

Fair enough.  I ask because I ended up with a Scheme/King's Court combo playing against my wife and mother last weekend, and it was pretty rad.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.