Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's Discuss Adventures Events: Inheritance  (Read 15790 times)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss Adventures Events: Inheritance
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
+2

A question posed: If Inherited cards have extra bonuses on them, do they also apply to the Estates?
If you mean like, you have a +$1 token on Caravan and Inherit them, then no. The +$1 token cares about the pile a card is from, and Inheritance doesn't change what pile Estates are from.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 09:23:50 pm »

A question posed: If Inherited cards have extra bonuses on them, do they also apply to the Estates?
If you mean like, you have a +$1 token on Caravan and Inherit them, then no. The +$1 token cares about the pile a card is from, and Inheritance doesn't change what pile Estates are from.

Thanks.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 11:55:35 am »
+4

Drool-worthy Inheritance targets: Ironmonger and Magpie. There are insufficient words to express the glory.

Sure, sometimes you just use Inheritance to get rid of your Estates. Heck, I've inherited Feast when I had spare actions (would you buy Feast at $2?) but it's so much more fun when Inheritance can be the cornerstone of your strategy.

An insane Inheritance story: 3p IRL game. Two of us start Ambassadoring Estates at the others. Player 3 (my wife) doesn't. She absorbs them all while buying a little bit of money and sifters and manages to spike 7 and Inherit Crossroads, which does a startling impression of Madman for the rest of the game and wins easily.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 12:43:12 pm »

Drool-worthy Inheritance targets: Ironmonger and Magpie. There are insufficient words to express the glory.

Sure, sometimes you just use Inheritance to get rid of your Estates. Heck, I've inherited Feast when I had spare actions (would you buy Feast at $2?) but it's so much more fun when Inheritance can be the cornerstone of your strategy.

An insane Inheritance story: 3p IRL game. Two of us start Ambassadoring Estates at the others. Player 3 (my wife) doesn't. She absorbs them all while buying a little bit of money and sifters and manages to spike 7 and Inherit Crossroads, which does a startling impression of Madman for the rest of the game and wins easily.

Ambassador sounds clearly bad when Inheritance is around.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 12:47:57 pm »
+2

I don't know, copper is still copper, and with 3 players Ambassador junks more than it thins.
I would amend that "clearly bad" to "less awesomely crippling".

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 12:52:05 pm »
+1

Really? I get Ambassador when Shelters are out all the time, and an Ambassador that you can't use to send over 3/10 of your starting cards is certainly no better than one that you can, but won't, use to send over those cards.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 03:53:48 pm »

Really? I get Ambassador when Shelters are out all the time, and an Ambassador that you can't use to send over 3/10 of your starting cards is certainly no better than one that you can, but won't, use to send over those cards.

The strategy for how to best use ambassador probably changes quite a bit, but yeah, it's going to still be good.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »

I very rarely get Ambassador in Shelters games. Sure you can still send over 7/10 of your starting cards, but those other 3 are the ones you most want to be rid of.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »

I very rarely get Ambassador in Shelters games. Sure you can still send over 7/10 of your starting cards, but those other 3 are the ones you most want to be rid of.

Ambassador is less of an automatic card in shelters games.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.