Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: v 2.0.48  (Read 3538 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
v 2.0.48
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:04:09 pm »
+2

So, there has been a maintenance release, which seems to have added some good things, along with a Facebook release.  Would be nice... if it ever actually downloaded (or loaded, for the Facebook version).  Has anyone managed to successfully get it going?

I'm just finding it really just kind of depressing that they can't even seem to do one thing right the first time around, particularly at a time when their record has cost them the license to the game they're developing.

EDIT: I mean, say what you will about Goko, but they had Guilds up pretty much flawlessly on the day it was released.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:05:12 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: v 2.0.48
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:10:50 pm »

To be fair, Goko knew about Guilds well in advance. I don't think Making Fun had much warning of Adventures at all. And their massive game rewrite was well underway.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:40:05 pm »
+1

Well, they have less of a reason to start doing things right the first time around now that they're losing the license anyway.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »
+1

My priority list for them
1.Get adventures working
2.Get online working

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:30 am »
+8

To be fair, Goko knew about Guilds well in advance. I don't think Making Fun had much warning of Adventures at all. And their massive game rewrite was well underway.
MF got the Adventures rulebook in mid-February last year.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:36 am »

Sure. But even if they hadn't been working on rewriting their entire system, I think two months for fifty new things would have been a challenge, once you take into account that they had to update several different AIs to incorporate those 50 things.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 12:28:51 am »

I've gotten the main client to run and connect now, but Facebook is still not loading.  I've been pestering Jeff over in their thread about it - they seem to be working to fix it.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 12:40:06 am »

Sure. But even if they hadn't been working on rewriting their entire system, I think two months for fifty new things would have been a challenge, once you take into account that they had to update several different AIs to incorporate those 50 things.

True but this means they have known about the cards for over a year now. When doing the rewrite, they should have also started to implement concepts from Adventures to make programming it go quicker.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 01:25:52 am »
+5

To me, it sounds like plenty of time. But I mean whatever. You said they didn't have "much warning," and I have quantified it. That was my goal and I succeeded; you now know exactly how much warning they had. Yes, Goko had a lot more warning for Guilds. They first heard the mechanics in December 2011.

It turns out comparing mid-February 2015 to April 8th 2015 doesn't do much. They weren't trying to make that date - as you note, they were doing some sort of a rewrite. I don't know what date they actually tried to make. Perhaps a future date, and they will still be able to say, yeah, nailed it.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 08:41:04 am »

This still doesn't work on my chromebook :(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 20 queries.