Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 5: Seaside (Results!)  (Read 38918 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 5: Seaside (Voting!)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 10:08:58 pm »
+2

One of these is mine.

Breakwater
Types: Action – Victory – Duration
Cost: $4
+1 Action
+$1

At the start of your next turn:
+$1
Gain a Duration card.

Worth 1VP

The vanilla bonuses are uninteresting since it's just Lighthouse.  The 1VP doesn't really add anything of value either and I think it would be better design to remove it.  The unique bit is the card gain that is restricted specifically to Duration cards.

Ah, I don't really like it.  It could be interesting if another Duration were guaranteed to be part of the kingdom, but Durations aren't that common.  If there is no other Duration, it just doesn't seem worthwhile.

Captain's Log
Types: Action – Duration
You may choose an Action card from your hand. If you do, play it. If it is a Duration card, play it again. Otherwise, set it aside.

At the start of your next turn, if you set a card aside with this, play the set aside card.

So this looks like an attempt to fix the Duration TR mentioned in the Secret Histories:

There was a now-and-later Throne Room variant. Play an Action, play it again next turn. It was both confusing and weak. What if you use it on a duration card? How long does it stay on the table? It could have said "non-duration," but that's pretty sad in a set with 8 duration cards. And did I mention it was weak? It left before development started.

This is the Duration TR for non-Duration cards and regular TR for Duration cards.  That serves to fix the confusing nature re: Durations, but I don't think it fixes the weakness of it.  That said, I wonder how weak it really is, and if it that could be addressed just by lowering the cost.  I'm wary, but I think this could be OK.

Cargo
Cost: $5
Set aside any number of cards from your hand. At the start of your next turn's buy phase, play the set-aside Treasure cards and discard the rest.

Sounds weak to me, like a worse Merchant Ship.  Has some additional utility in sometimes making Victory cards miss the reshuffle.  I'd suggest lowering the cost and having it play the Treasures at the start of the next turn, which can have some fun interactions with (for example) Quarry.

Diving Bell
Types: Action
Cost: $3
Put a card from your hand on top of your deck.
+2 Cards
+1 Action

While this is in play, when you would draw from the top of your deck, draw from the bottom instead.

New take on the draw-from-bottom concept.  I still think it's a neat idea.  The way it is here, it's a lot easier to set up your next turn (fitting for Seaside).  The Lab+discard thing has been called too powerful for $4 in the Secret Histories, which makes this seem dangerous, but this is top-deck rather than discard which is a big difference.  Neat combos with Pearl Diver, Wishing Well, many others.  I think this works.

Fisherwoman
Reveal the top card of your deck.
If the revealed card is an action set this card aside and play the revealed card. If the revealed card is not an action discard it and gain an action card worth up to $5.

If you set this aside, at the start of your next turn; gain and play an action card worth up to $4.

The wording of this card seems overly complicated.  It's a Duration, why the set-aside with more text under a line?  Overall, it's doing too much stuff.  $5 gainer or gain-and-play -- both are interesting concepts that are rare in Dominion, and streamlining it to one or the other would make this a better card. 

I like that the $5 gaining is less reliable here and self-regulating.  I don't really like the delayed gain-and-play since Transmogrify is similar and better.

Also, I think this ends up causing the same confusion as the duration TR when you gain-and-play a duration next turn.

Harbourmaster
Types: Action – Duration – Reaction
+2 Cards

Discard any number of cards.
Draw until you have 5 cards in hand.

When another player buys a Victory card, you may play this card from your hand.

Sounds like an alright variant of Guide.  It's less flexible for timing, but more flexible in selecting your hand.  The Reaction seems anti-synergistic.  When you play it from your hand, you immediately draw 2 cards... and then on your next turn the Duration effect is weaker because you'll (usually) have 7 cards but will only get to draw up to 5.

Helm
+2 cards
Discard a card.
Choose an Action card from your hand. Play it now and at the start of your next turn.

Note to artist: Helm as in ship's wheel, not helm as in helmet.

So this should be a Duration itself, right?

Again, duration TR was no good according to the Secret Histories.  The draw here makes it stronger, but no less confusing.

(PPE: props to Fragasnap for noting that it's actually also the Lab+discard effect, which makes this too strong.)

Helmsman
+1 Action
Name a cost. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing exactly the named amount. Put that card on top of your deck and discard the rest.

Sounds good to me.  It's an interesting searching effect that is different from other stuff in the game.  I would recommend one change -- make it cantrip (and increase the cost if necessary) so that multiple Helsman can better stack.

Pier
Cost: $6
At the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game: Gain a Silver.

I don't think I'd ever want this.  You need to buy this and play it, which is a pretty significant investment.  Gold is more impactful in the short term and medium term.  If I really want Silver, it seems better to just buy it directly.  Masterpiece and Raid fill the same niche.

Pioneer
+3 Cards
+1 Buy

On the turn you play this, when you buy an Action card, you may set it aside. If you do, play it at the start of your next turn, then trash it.

This is my favourite take on "play a chosen card next turn" so far.  Like the Duration TR variants, this also has the confusing issue of how long it stays in play if it plays a Duration next turn.  Otherwise, the interaction here is cool.  It doesn't suffer from weakness since it's useful on its own and you can almost guarantee that it will play something next turn.

It's not clear whether this will work on multiple actions.

Prawn Shop
+1 Buy
+$1

+1 Card
+1 Action

It's cute that it covers the vanilla bonuses this way.  It's really weak this turn and strong next turn.  I think that the initial weakness is enough that this may be fine at $3.  I like it.

Prospector
Trash a card from your hand.
Choose one: +$2; or draw until you have 5 cards in hand.

Doesn't seem like Seaside at all.

Sunken City
Cost: $2
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Action card, play it. Otherwise, discard it.

I think it's overall fine.  Since it's come up so often in this contest, I just realized that this also has the confusion issue of how long it stays in play when it plays a Duration on the next turn.  I'm pretty sure that it would have to remain in play an extra turn... and possibly even more if each Sunken City keeps on playing another.  Hm.

Tactical Village
+1 Action
As long as this in play: At the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game: +1 Action

You may discard Tactical Village from play during your turn. If you do: discard one duration card from every other player.

Clarification: I hope the way I phrased it, that it's also possible to discard Tactical village for example with Oasis. But it not, that's fine too.

As phrased, you would not be able to discard it with Oasis.  Unless otherwise specified, cards that discard (like Oasis) discard from your hand, not cards in play.  Rather, this sounds more like something you could do at any time.

Unfortunately, the effect you get from that doesn't work as intended either.  Even if you remove my Duration from play, it doesn't block the effect.

The timing of the every-turn-village effect is a bit wonky because it starts with "while this is in play" but continues as a one-time setup in the same vein as Hireling and Champion.

The wording can probably be fixed.  On the intended effect... the persistent village is fine, though not super interesting to me when we have Champion, Coin of the Realm and Walled Village doing similar stuff.  The persistence has its charms though.  The Duration-blocking effect doesn't sit well with me though.  It's a strong enough counter that people may be put off from buying Durations at all, removing options.  Otherwise, it's an unblockable attack where you get to choose when it happens, which can make it more political than most attacks.

Treasure Finder
At the start of each of your turns, look at the top three cards of your deck. You may discard as many as you like. Put the rest back on top of your deck in any order.

Should be reworded to match the precedence set by Hireling.  I think it's fine, other than probably needing to cost more.  I've considered this concept before and I think it would be fun to play, enabling early-greening strategies.

War Room
Cost: $6
You may choose an Action card from your hand. Play it twice.
Once during this turn, when one of your Action cards would leave play, you may put it on top of your deck.

Isn't this exactly Throne Room with a Scheme effect?  Not so interesting.  (PPE: I see that it's not quite exact, mainly differing with one-shots.  Still not that different.  Meh.)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 5: Seaside
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 10:12:15 pm »
+1

Pioneer
+3 Cards
+1 Buy

On the turn you play this, when you buy an Action card, you may set it aside. If you do, play it at the start of your next turn, then trash it.

Weird...I think I like it.  I think the extra effect might be weak, just because spending say $4 on a card just to play it once seems like a bad deal.  But there are definitely cases where you can make big things happen with it, and oh man Fortress is a thing.

So here's a bizarre question.  If I buy an Estate with this, which is Inherited as card X, and then buy Inheritance to move Estate token to card Y, when I play Estate next turn, I play it as card Y right?  I don't know why that wouldn't be the case, but it just seems weird.  I guess that situation can already happen with Summon.

When you buy the Estate, you haven't yet gained it.  Therefore it is not an Action card, therefore Pioneer would not set it aside.  Likewise, you cannot use Summon to gain an Estate.

Even if you could do this with Estate, you can't change its Inheritance because the Event is only once per game.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:55 pm »
+1

Pioneer
+3 Cards
+1 Buy

Weird...I think I like it.  I think the extra effect might be weak, just because spending say $4 on a card just to play it once seems like a bad deal.  But there are definitely cases where you can make big things happen with it, and oh man Fortress is a thing.

So here's a bizarre question.  If I buy an Estate with this, which is Inherited as card X, and then buy Inheritance to move Estate token to card Y, when I play Estate next turn, I play it as card Y right?  I don't know why that wouldn't be the case, but it just seems weird.  I guess that situation can already happen with Summon.

When you buy the Estate, you haven't yet gained it.  Therefore it is not an Action card, therefore Pioneer would not set it aside.  Likewise, you cannot use Summon to gain an Estate.

Even if you could do this with Estate, you can't change its Inheritance because the Event is only once per game.

In both the wiki page and the instruction booklet:
"This also changes Estates you buy or otherwise gain during the game; if you used Inheritance on a Port and then later bought an Estate, that Estate would come with a Port, just as buying a Port gains you a Port."

In other words, on-buy effects do count, and therefore, Pioneer would set it aside.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »

Pioneer
+3 Cards
+1 Buy

"This also changes Estates you buy or otherwise gain during the game; if you used Inheritance on a Port and then later bought an Estate, that Estate would come with a Port, just as buying a Port gains you a Port."

In other words, on-buy effects do count, and therefore, Pioneer would set it aside.

Hmm, I think this one is debatable since this isn't an on-buy effect of the Estate, but I see the argument.  Still doesn't work for Summon, and the question is still moot because Inheritance is once per game.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:35 am »

Pioneer
+3 Cards
+1 Buy

Hmm, I think this one is debatable since this isn't an on-buy effect of the Estate, but I see the argument.  Still doesn't work for Summon, and the question is still moot because Inheritance is once per game.

Yeah, those two points are unquestionable; I was only arguing that Pioneer would set aside the Estate.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 07:06:39 am »

Helmsman
+1 Action
Name a cost. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing exactly the named amount. Put that card on top of your deck and discard the rest.

Sounds good to me.  It's an interesting searching effect that is different from other stuff in the game.  I would recommend one change -- make it cantrip (and increase the cost if necessary) so that multiple Helsman can better stack.
I like that. As only the first Helmsman you play is useful (assuming that there is no card draw in between a first and a second Helmsman) I think it is safe to say that the card is a bit weak for 3$. But as a cantrip it becomes something like a fixed Spy and probably should also cost 4$.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »
+1

Sunken City
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Action card, play it. Otherwise, discard it.

I think it's overall fine.  Since it's come up so often in this contest, I just realized that this also has the confusion issue of how long it stays in play when it plays a Duration on the next turn.  I'm pretty sure that it would have to remain in play an extra turn... and possibly even more if each Sunken City keeps on playing another.  Hm.

Man, you made my heart skip a beat there... I was worried. Luckily, a quick search through the Herald wiki page shows that Sunken City does not stay out if it reveals another one, because there's nothing you need to be reminded of. So, not quite as bad.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 01:12:52 pm »

Sunken City
+1 Action

Man, you made my heart skip a beat there... I was worried. Luckily, a quick search through the Herald wiki page shows that Sunken City does not stay out if it reveals another one, because there's nothing you need to be reminded of. So, not quite as bad.

Well OK then. Does that mean that the various Duration TR variants are OK as well?  I'm actually not sure...

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 10:07:33 pm »

Sunken City
+1 Action

Well OK then. Does that mean that the various Duration TR variants are OK as well?  I'm actually not sure...

If they only play the other card once, they get discarded at cleanup. If the other card is a duration, it will already do a sufficient job at reminding you of its effect, and if it isn't, there's nothing to be reminded of. If they play the card more than one time, the played card on its own is not sufficient, so the TR variant would have to stay out, too, possibly putting all of them you have in play if they are themselves duration cards. If i didn't misread, we don't have such an entry, though.

By the way, some feedback:

Breakwater: I'm not really a fan of the self-synergy, or the power shift depending on presence or absence of other duration cards. Also, why does it give VP?
Captain's Log: I guess my own card is kind of a Duration Throne Room variant, so i'm not going to complain about the idea behind this. I don't really like the distinction between duration and non-durations though, it feels "we couldn't find a better way to do it"-ish.
Cargo: Might be nicer if you don't have to remember it until the buy phase, and also feels a bit weak. Not the worst idea, but it really seems expensive. Then again, it's kind of a "choose your level" Tactician. It might be fine.
Diving Bell: I don't know why there are so many card ideas about "draw from the bottom of your deck". Well, actually i know, i tried myself at one of those a few years ago, and it stunk. This, well, it probably doesn't stink, and whoever did this found a way to actually make the "prepare for next turn" thing work, and that's cool. The one thing i don't like about this is the "while in play" clause. I would have preferred simply drawing from the bottom of your deck with this card only, though i can definitely see why that would keep it from working.
Fisherwoman: It, uh, does too much for me. I mean, i get the parts on their own, but what does this card want me to do? How do i play it? I guess i want this card if there are, uh, action cards i want? It apparently helps me pick up cards, too. I think it would be better as a more simple card.
Harbourmaster: I wasn't a big fan of Caravan Guard's reaction-play, and i still am not, but this one avoids the weirdness of having actions you can't spend. Either way, eHalcyon is right in that the reaction is anti-synergetic. I don't think it has any fundamental flaws, though.
Helm: Yeah, the Duration-TR on Duration problem hurts this one a lot.
Helmsman: Neat.
Pier: This costs as much as Hireling, but its effect is a lot weaker than Hireling's. Hireling does a Lab each turn, this does a cantrip Silver gainer each turn, which i'd cost at, let's say, $3?
Pioneer: So, this is a "Summon" you can do yourself. Nice. The trashing means you won't just always use it, but that's fine. I'd probably make the "when you buy a card this turn" thing part of the on-play effect, though.
Pawn Shop: I mean, Prawn Shop. Ah well, it doesn't seem very exciting, but it's a Duration that gives you an action next turn, which isn't really something we have yet (yes, i'll ignore Tactician for non-stackyness reasons). So i guess it's not too bad, after all.
Prospector: I also don't see the Seaside aspect.
Sunken City: My card, so i'll spare you with claims how awesome it is. I can see how it looks like it could cause tracking problems, but it's not as bad in my experience. I'll admit that, while Durations and Herald/TR variants both add ways how a card can be in play without you playing it from your hand (for its duration effect, by being played by another card), Sunken City adds both variants in one card.
Tactical Village: I guess the idea is to give yourself a free action each turn? I'll admit a perma-Village feels a bit weak for $5. The weirder part is how this can attack itself (and, with the exception of Bridge Troll, only itself). Why does it do that? While i don't have any strong feeling towards it, it seems unpolished.
Treasure Finder: Seems like it would enable me to green a lot without any problem. I agree it should cost $5 (and possibly give +1 Action the first time you play it). Other than that it's simple, but kind of cool.
War Room: Feels a lot like LastFootnote's General. I'll agree it fits Seaside, but i think General does the same thing better. That said, it's still a decently designed card.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »

Pawn Shop: I mean, Prawn Shop. Ah well, it doesn't seem very exciting, but it's a Duration that gives you an action next turn, which isn't really something we have yet (yes, i'll ignore Tactician for non-stackyness reasons). So i guess it's not too bad, after all.

Well, Fishing Village. :P

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 04:42:58 am »

Oops... Why did i forget about it? That makes Prawn Shop a lot less interesting.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 07:45:53 am »

Oops... Why did i forget about it? That makes Prawn Shop a lot less interesting.

Also, the action you get is taken by the Herbalist part of the pawn shop if you play it consistently.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

tristan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:00 am »

Also, the action you get is taken by the Herbalist part of the pawn shop if you play it consistently.
So, if played consistently, two Prawn Shops combine into Peddler and Lab. Seems too weak for 4$ and too strong for 3$. As already mentioned, it is similar to convolucid's District of whose two copies, if played consistently combines into Lab and City (duration is Double Village and if you combine a Double Village with a Moat you get Village and Lab). That is even weaker.
So this entire concept probably doesn't work at all.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 12:35:33 pm »

So, if played consistently, two Prawn Shops combine into Peddler and Lab. Seems too weak for 4$ and too strong for 3$. As already mentioned, it is similar to convolucid's District of whose two copies, if played consistently combines into Lab and City (duration is Double Village and if you combine a Double Village with a Moat you get Village and Lab). That is even weaker.
So this entire concept probably doesn't work at all.

If played consistently, two Prawn Shops combine into Market, not Peddler+Lab.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »

I really like Prawn Shop. The name is amazing, and there are plenty of things that you can do with it. I don't think it's purpose is to be a Village/your only village, I think it's supposed to provide +buy and be similar to Caravan and Haven and such.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 07:10:09 pm »

I really like Prawn Shop. The name is amazing, and there are plenty of things that you can do with it. I don't think it's purpose is to be a Village/your only village, I think it's supposed to provide +buy and be similar to Caravan and Haven and such.

It's a lost city on your next turn. That's a mighty strong card for a mere $3, I think. It's weaker than caravan on 'this' turn (a terminal copper + buy), but it's a lost city in the next. I think that's pretty much a village right there. A really strong one.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 07:11:23 pm »

It's a lost city on your next turn. That's a mighty strong card for a mere $3, I think. It's weaker than caravan on 'this' turn (a terminal copper + buy), but it's a lost city in the next. I think that's pretty much a village right there. A really strong one.
But it's not a Village because you have to play another Prawn Shop, so you end up with one action.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 07:16:29 pm »
+1

But it's not a Village because you have to play another Prawn Shop, so you end up with one action.

I play Prawn shop now, to prawn shops in my next turn and 3 the turn after that? It's a very slow village, but it's a village.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 07:24:24 pm »

It is an awkward market.
Or a card that takes actions from this turn to the next. And cards.

tristan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 07:11:35 am »

Prawn Shop costs 4$. And as I pointed out, if you have enough such that they match they combo into Lab and Market (thanks to eHalycon for correcting me on this). Caravan does not have to combo into anything and is alway a (delayed) Lab. Now of course this gets complicated if there is another Village on the board but overall the card is still weaker than Caravan.
If you reverse the effects such that it becomes a duration Market the card will probably be of similar strength but easier to play. At least I'd rather have a safe duration Market than potential duration half-Lab, half-Market once I got plenty of them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:14:55 am by tristan »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 07:20:27 am »

I play Prawn shop now, to prawn shops in my next turn and 3 the turn after that? It's a very slow village, but it's a village.
You could do it that way, couldn't you?

Now I like Prawn Shop even more!

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 10:24:15 am »
+2

You could do it that way, couldn't you?

Now I like Prawn Shop even more!

I like spending my actions on terminal Coppers as much as the next guy, but if you confuse a card that delegates excess actions to later turns (and chokes you in terminals if you whiff once) with a Village, you are going to have a bad time. Prawn Shop gives you back the action it took, but not immediately. Sometimes this will mean you have extra actions, true. But if you spend those on Prawn Shops they basically are cantrips (which is still nice). And, again, the circle breaks as soon as you fail to play as many PS as you have excess actions, or use one of your "Village" actions to play an actual terminal.

All that's not to say i dislike Prawn Shop (think the name is silly, though). I just think you are misjudging its applications.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 10:33:56 am »
+2

(think the name is silly, though).
That's why I voted for the card!

But I may be misjudging it, and that's fine. If it wins more people will playtest it and we can see how it really performs.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 01:06:36 pm »
+2

Prawn Shop costs 4$. And as I pointed out, if you have enough such that they match they combo into Lab and Market (thanks to eHalycon for correcting me on this). Caravan does not have to combo into anything and is alway a (delayed) Lab. Now of course this gets complicated if there is another Village on the board but overall the card is still weaker than Caravan.
If you reverse the effects such that it becomes a duration Market the card will probably be of similar strength but easier to play. At least I'd rather have a safe duration Market than potential duration half-Lab, half-Market once I got plenty of them.

No, not Lab+Market.  Just Market.  Of course, you don't have to use it to play a second Prawn Shop!

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 07:20:24 pm »
+1

No, not Lab+Market.  Just Market.  Of course, you don't have to use it to play a second Prawn Shop!

It's not really accurate to say that two Prawn Shops are a Market, though. It's more that, if you play Prawn Shop every turn, each becomes a Market. Which is okay, power wise - although i'm not sure having a $3 that equals a (relatively weak) $5 only if you play it each turn is that compelling. I mean, it looks kind of shabby compared to Oasis, especially considering you'll need your Prawn Shop buys for Prawn Shops if you want to pull this off.

I guess it has some other applications, too, like unstable decks where you actually have no better use for the action sometimes, and sometimes really need the spare action you had the turn before. It's kind of like a mini-Tactician in a way: Bad turn now, better turn later. The problem's just that both cost and reward are lower than Tactician, so i'm not sure that works as well. It also costs a lot less than Tactician, though. In all honesty, i find the "gives actions only if you have actions" part a bit weird, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.