Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bracket tourney  (Read 1162 times)

XD9

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Bracket tourney
« on: February 21, 2016, 03:15:01 am »
+1

Wondering if anyone has ever tried a bracket tourney march madness style for a dominion league.  Would also be cool to have each division leader in the dominion league do a playoff. 
XD9

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Bracket tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 03:59:35 am »

There were a lot of different ideas thrown around and a lot of discussion as to what the league would look like when it was originally forming.

Other tournaments such as GokoDom and f.ds Championships have all been organized as well that are different formats than the league. 

In the end it is really a matter of organization and interest.  Running a large-scale tournament or league takes a lot of time and effort (Kirian, Stef, and others can attest to that), and so those types of tournaments happen infrequently. 

But basically, yes.  Tournaments have been run in a bracket style tourney before.  Having each division leader do a playoff was discussed at one point I think, but rejected.  I don't remember the reason exactly but I agree with not running a system like that.  In my opinion it would cause way too much delay starting the next season.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.