Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adam's and WW's podcast  (Read 8045 times)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
Adam's and WW's podcast
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:13:33 pm »
+18

Shout out to adam's and wanderingwinder's podcast.
Just want to let you guys know about it if you didn't already.
All credit goes to adam and wanderingwinder.
First episode:

Second episode:

Second.5 episode
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:18:37 pm by Limetime »

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
Re: Adam's and WW's podcast
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:25:58 am »
+1

It's also available on iTunes and RSS for those who like to get podcasts from places that aren't youtube.

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 06:23:22 pm »

Added another podcast~ish into the opp. For those who are lazy here is the article mentioned in it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dominion/comments/471qig/article_hermitmarket_square_revisited/
Why is adam distancing us

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 06:32:15 pm »
+4

As a discussion starter. If you can get a discard attack in play every turn by turn 12 even if you have two madman in hand the first one only makes you draw one 2 cards The second one draws 3 cards it is only by the third madman you will have 10 cards in your hand. I imagine you won't have that many madman to win.
You mentioned having a official place to talk about it why not here?
I bet the majority of your viewers are forumers.
You and WW should really come back.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:34:56 pm by Limetime »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:50:32 pm »

Episode three is going to be amazing, I can already tell
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »

Episode Three is out now, it's about Draw-to-X.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 01:16:14 pm »
+2

I will not +1 this.

I am disappointed that WW and AdamH refuse to advertise their new quality Dominion strategy content to people who would care about their production; namely, frequenters of f.ds. I get they do not want to interact with the f.ds community in a meaningful way right now, but I do not like the approach they have taken in leaving f.ds. They may think they are taking the high ground in breaking away from people who offended them, but it's actually pretty low to both wait for someone else to advertise to f.ds in their place and rely on potential new viewers from this community and the reputation they have built here to get their new endeavor off the ground and succeed.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 01:26:34 pm »
+6

I agree, everyone should be required to post here.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
+3

I will not +1 this.

I am disappointed that WW and AdamH refuse to advertise their new quality Dominion strategy content to people who would care about their production; namely, frequenters of f.ds. I get they do not want to interact with the f.ds community in a meaningful way right now, but I do not like the approach they have taken in leaving f.ds. They may think they are taking the high ground in breaking away from people who offended them, but it's actually pretty low to both wait for someone else to advertise to f.ds in their place and rely on potential new viewers from this community and the reputation they have built here to get their new endeavor off the ground and succeed.

Yeah I don't follow here. You're saying, "I know AdamH + WW don't want to interact with f.ds, but they should grit their teeth and do it anyways for the sake of promoting their podcast." If they wanted more viewers they would have, but not posting here is a way to say they care about other things more.

Seems disingenuous to imply they didn't post here because they wanted to force a fan to post for them, which, just so we're clear, is basically what your post is saying.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 02:01:53 pm »

I will not +1 this.

You can be a fan of Dominion and want to participate in the Dominion community without being active on a particular forum, even if you've been active there before.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:05 pm »
+1

You're saying, "I know AdamH + WW don't want to interact with f.ds, but they should grit their teeth and do it anyways for the sake of promoting their podcast." If they wanted more viewers they would have, but not posting here is a way to say they care about other things more.

Not quite what I meant. They can advertise without interacting. They do not have to respond to anybody or read responses, or anything. You are correct that they do not have to do anything at all here and not even posting new projects shows that they care about other things more.

For several reasons, I have lowered my opinion of both of them enough that I wanted to voice general disapproval, and I guess encourage people to support other Dominion strategy content creators instead.

That's all I'll say on this. Sorry for bringing down the thread.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 03:33:41 pm »
+4

They aren't going to find many listeners outside of f.ds, since the subreddit is small and there simply aren't many players of their caliber not on this forum. They're literally just talking to themselves. I don't have a problem with them doing it like this, but it'd just be easier for everyone if they didn't.

EDIT: And if those who frequent f.ds are still their target audience, then they haven't really 'left f.ds' like they say/think they have. Might as well announce stuff here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:00:50 pm by liopoil »

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 06:34:57 pm »
+2

adam has said something before to the effect of wanting to build a community elsewhere that is like this one, but without the elements he doesn't like.  he thinks reddit has the best chance of that, and i think that part is correct - BGG seems more obvious but is less interested in high-level play for "old" games.

the problem is, that's still not all that likely to happen.  your reddit/4chan-type megaforums tend to produce spectators, not serious players.

actually, the endgame i've witnessed in every other scene is all the good shit moving to social media (& maybe IRC) while forums either die or become home to a sort of "non-competitive hardcore" audience.  think of the people who deeply care about the story in [insert esports video game here].  the tabletop world seems to be way more hostile to twitter & such, though, so i have no idea when or if that will happen here...

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 07:28:27 pm »
+1

They aren't going to find many listeners outside of f.ds, since the subreddit is small and there simply aren't many players of their caliber not on this forum. They're literally just talking to themselves. I don't have a problem with them doing it like this, but it'd just be easier for everyone if they didn't.

EDIT: And if those who frequent f.ds are still their target audience, then they haven't really 'left f.ds' like they say/think they have. Might as well announce stuff here.

Adam suggested that f.ds is still an intended audience. See a comment on his Hermit/Market Square article on reddit,

Quote from: Adam H
This article has been cross-posted on F.DS, which is great. In that thread, there was a reply that I suppose deserves to be addressed. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable replying on F.DS; and it wouldn't really be appropriate to do so anyways since I'd prefer that the discussion be here anyways (however misguided that may be).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 07:43:48 pm »
+1

Adam suggested that f.ds is still an intended audience. See a comment on his Hermit/Market Square article on reddit,

Quote from: Adam H
This article has been cross-posted on F.DS, which is great. In that thread, there was a reply that I suppose deserves to be addressed. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable replying on F.DS; and it wouldn't really be appropriate to do so anyways since I'd prefer that the discussion be here anyways (however misguided that may be).
Well I guess it's nice that he's still reading f.ds, but it's pretty ineffective to just ignore posts like Jomini's. I mean he said it deserves to be addressed, so if he wants to address it I just don't see what he has to lose by responding here. If they're not comfortable, OK, clearly
they care about other things more
which is fine.

I'm not sure why I'm even discussing this, since I don't really have much of a stake in it; I guess I at least partially agreed with what Polk was saying and disagreed with how he was shot down.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:50:54 pm by liopoil »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 07:49:50 pm »
+3

popcorn
please, I think the movie's just about over this time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:51:15 pm by liopoil »

smcrtorchs

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 10:52:54 am »

You're saying, "I know AdamH + WW don't want to interact with f.ds, but they should grit their teeth and do it anyways for the sake of promoting their podcast." If they wanted more viewers they would have, but not posting here is a way to say they care about other things more.

Not quite what I meant. They can advertise without interacting. They do not have to respond to anybody or read responses, or anything. You are correct that they do not have to do anything at all here and not even posting new projects shows that they care about other things more.

For several reasons, I have lowered my opinion of both of them enough that I wanted to voice general disapproval, and I guess encourage people to support other Dominion strategy content creators instead.

That's all I'll say on this. Sorry for bringing down the thread.

I really dislike your post. I have no idea about the quality of Adam or WW, but you write something bad for them, on a place that they do not write anymore and cannot defend them selves. What you did just feels bad for me.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 09:22:58 pm »
+1

Episode 2:
Supply cards: Vagrant, Forager, Island, Remodel, Throne Room, Worker's Village, Butcher, Counterfeit, Ghost Ship, Mountebank

Ghost Ship and Mountebank are big attacks and the whole Throne Room/Vagrant/Worker's Village/Ghost Ship engine is there.

Remodel/Silver opening. On the first shuffle, pick up a Mountebank (remodeling Silver as needed). From there, pick up a bunch of components for the Vagrant/Forager/Throne Room/Worker's Village/Ghost Ship engine. Remodel helps with this.

Once you have enough engine components, Islands become very, very good. They help clear out junk, get picked up by vagrant, and let you pick up other green cards when needed.

If you have a point lead, go for a three pile on Vagrant/Island/Curse. If you're behind on points, go for Island/Province. You did pick up Islands earlier, right? :)

Hard Game:
https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160323/log.0.1458691766690.txt

Easy Game:
https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160323/log.0.1458692780758.txt

smcrtorchs

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:14 pm »
+2

Here are dan's links with the prettifier

Hard game:
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160323/log.0.1458691766690.txt

Easy game:
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160323/log.0.1458692780758.txt

I am going to use the old line "I do not usually comment on strategies, but since I wrote on this thread, I will." Or is this line from another forum?

Anyway, I am not really convinced that remodel silver is the opening. Your easy game is convincing yes, but your hard game is not convincing at all with the bot buying 1 forager only at turn 13 when foragers trashing is worth 2 and also buying many villages which really do not help him. The components are nice, but being able to throne the correct components is not at all something certain and some of the components are expensive, so the whole thing looks too tricky for me.

I see the second shuffle being divided to 3 main cases and not only 2. The first is when your first two buys do not collide and you manage to reach 5 after your first shuffle you are a significant favorite here. The second is when your opening buys collide, in which case you are a slight underdog to an opp who opened silver silver and reaches 5 after his first shuffle if he plays it right. The third is when your opening buys do not collide, but you are not able to reach 5 at your second shuffle. You are a significant underdog here.

I do not exactly know the odds for each case and every number below is from my head. I do try to give you generous numbers though, just because of that. If you reach first case 40% of the time and you win 75% from, second case 30% of the time and win 40% from there and third case 30% of the time and you win 33% from there, then your total winning chances are 52% with your strategy. As we reach the 52% it seems like things are not clear and personally I would open double silver here assuming the numbers I gave you are indeed a bit generous and I am not wrong to this.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 01:58:32 pm »

Thanks for the nice looking logs. I should start including those in my posts (they become available a day after a game is played)

Remodel/Silver leads to a deck of Mountebank/Throne Room/Remodel/Forager, which is a nice set-up for engine. Playing Throne Room on any of the actions is nice (especially Mountebank), and going to continue to thin and Remodel estates into Throne Rooms.

Silver/Silver leads to a deck Mountebank/Mountebank or Forager/Silver/Silver, which will hit 5 and 6 a lot and is well set up to play money. Throne Room is a riskier proposition here, although maybe still worth it.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 02:29:33 pm »
+4

Thanks for the nice looking logs. I should start including those in my posts (they become available a day after a game is played)

The log becomes searchable the next day, but you can use the prettifier as soon as the log exists.  You just need to prepend "http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?" to the log URL you would like to parse through the prettifier.  You could theoretically even send a log that you copied and hosted somewhere other than where the official logs are hosted.

smcrtorchs

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 06:05:13 am »

Remodel/Silver leads to a deck of Mountebank/Throne Room/Remodel/Forager, which is a nice set-up for engine. Playing Throne Room on any of the actions is nice (especially Mountebank), and going to continue to thin and Remodel estates into Throne Rooms.

Silver/Silver leads to a deck Mountebank/Mountebank or Forager/Silver/Silver, which will hit 5 and 6 a lot and is well set up to play money. Throne Room is a riskier proposition here, although maybe still worth it.

I do not think that after you open double silver and grab a mountenbank you would like to go money. You would like to add another mountenbank 3 foragers at least a butcher and so on. There are many great cards here to just go money. The silvers help here as you will also have foragers and junk in the deck and having 3 coins or 4 or 5 at your buy phase does make a serious difference on this board, even after you buy the mountenbanks. In my eyes it is more like a manouevre you make, going out of your way at the beginning of the game and giving up your edge if things go well to make sure you hit 5 and do not get unlucky.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.