Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57  All

Author Topic: M77: Scout Mafia - Game Over! Town wins!  (Read 129721 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M77: Scout Mafia - Third, the day is
« Reply #1200 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:23 am »

I would almost certainly not lynch RR tomorrow if awaclus flipped scum; I would potentially lynch RR if awaclus flipped town.
if Awaclus flips town I don't see you or SS not getting lynched on D4.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 15, 2016, 09:22:07 am »

I would almost certainly not lynch RR tomorrow if awaclus flipped scum; I would potentially lynch RR if awaclus flipped town.
if Awaclus flips town I don't see you or SS not getting lynched on D4.

Fair enough, so then we must treat today as lylo, and at lylo, reads matter. The way you reacted to SS read extremely town!RR to me (after it was clarified that the RB role only died last night) - I don't think scum!RR manages to come across so authentically mad.  WW has kind of slid through this game to me, but awaclus and yuma have both played in a way that I've theorized for at least 2 games now would be the playstyle of an awaclus/yuma scum pairing, so I'm most keen to lynch one of them and have you RB the other - this would, assuming I'm right, potentially block the NK (and if it does, expose the last Mafia for sure).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 15, 2016, 09:22:37 am »

Really? That is bizarre? You really think awaclus and I are partners? You are barking up a conspiracy tree and totally ignoring math. I am not saying you should completely rely on it but man that is not only really bad math but also ignoring the entire game state...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 15, 2016, 09:25:19 am »

Your whole premise is a theory You made on how we would act as partners? Despite there being no actual evidence of how we would act...

Well good job. You created a premise and then found proof to back it up in your mind. Too bad it isn't grounded in reality, just in your head...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1204 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:36 am »

Your whole premise is a theory You made on how we would act as partners? Despite there being no actual evidence of how we would act...

Well good job. You created a premise and then found proof to back it up in your mind. Too bad it isn't grounded in reality, just in your head...

As expected of the "masons".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 15, 2016, 11:32:46 am »

Ironically you continue to play right into my theory, although the eyerolling is definitely reducing my ability to care about this game.

I'm 100% not voting RR today now. My vote is on awaclus, and it stays there. If that means the rest of Town ends up lynching SS or myself, then so be it, I guess.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 15, 2016, 11:46:28 am »

Ironically you continue to play right into my theory, although the eyerolling is definitely reducing my ability to care about this game.

I'm 100% not voting RR today now. My vote is on awaclus, and it stays there. If that means the rest of Town ends up lynching SS or myself, then so be it, I guess.

fine. vote: chairs for caring more about himself then he cares about helping the rest of town get at the right solution

either scummy play or selfish town play.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 15, 2016, 11:47:29 am »

So next time we're in this setup we'll just massclaim and if we're in a low probability scenario we'll just lynch all the PRs.  Flawless.

We already had this discussion, but you're not understanding correctly what the 14% means.

The claims we have allow for two different setups. One of them is more likely than the other. I did not calculate the a priory absolute probability of the MMM setup. That number is much lower and it's completely meaningless.

You are missing the point.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 15, 2016, 11:48:45 am »

You know what... no. No one is missing the point. The scum team is most likely RR/Awaclus. The best way to get to that conclusion is to vote RR right here, right now. Regardless of what chairs does.

vote: RR

I won't be suckered into being stupid again...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 15, 2016, 11:53:41 am »

Still only L-1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 15, 2016, 11:54:27 am »

Still only L-1

Get your mason friend to join you...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1212 on: March 15, 2016, 11:55:05 am »

Well, I don't really see how that's not exactly what's happening here.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 15, 2016, 11:56:47 am »

So next time we're in this setup we'll just massclaim and if we're in a low probability scenario we'll just lynch all the PRs.  Flawless.

We already had this discussion, but you're not understanding correctly what the 14% means.

The claims we have allow for two different setups. One of them is more likely than the other. I did not calculate the a priory absolute probability of the MMM setup. That number is much lower and it's completely meaningless.

I get what you're saying, WW, and I agree with you.

I will admit I let my frustration with both awaclus and yuma's play today, particularly recently, color my opinion on the towniness or lack thereof of lynching RR. I've since vented in my personal QT.

I'm going to vote: RR because I don't want to deal with either of them any more right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:32 am »

Well, I don't really see how that's not exactly what's happening here.
I could very easily be doing something stupid. But at least it is the stupidity of my own making and my own decisions instead of others getting the best of my emotions. I would gladly be stupid of my own accord than act stupid because someone else enticed me to do so...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 15, 2016, 11:59:11 am »

I get what you're saying, WW, and I agree with you.

I will admit I let my frustration with both awaclus and yuma's play today, particularly recently, color my opinion on the towniness or lack thereof of lynching RR. I've since vented in my personal QT.

I'm going to vote: RR because I don't want to deal with either of them any more right now.

A discussion after the game would be very welcome. I have thought I had been relatively townie throughout the game and today. But of course my glasses are tinted in the space of my own ego. THe thing is, you don't really state why you find people scummy, so it is hard to self reflect if you just state again and again that I am doing scummy things but don't state what those things are...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 15, 2016, 12:01:49 pm »

Twilight

On phone, at work.  Lynch has been reached can't do vote count right now. Probably in 3 hrs or so.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 15, 2016, 12:02:27 pm »

I've long theorized what a yuma and awaclus  scum pairing would look like, like for multiple games.  You happen to both be hitting that theory today nicely.

I'm also tinted by working at a Web based job from home with my Internet cutting out today every five goddamn minutes so I'm not particularly agreeable.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 15, 2016, 12:03:35 pm »

Oh snap.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 15, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

I've long theorized what a yuma and awaclus  scum pairing would look like, like for multiple games.  You happen to both be hitting that theory today nicely.

And I have no idea what that theorizing actually is and how it compares to what is actually happening here. Except that I can guarantee that this isn't it... Of course you can't know that. But you expect me to know what this theory of yours is without actually giving any information to help me understand it. Maybe that is intentional...? I don't know. But that explains my reaction to you, lack of solid information to work upon.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 15, 2016, 12:13:45 pm »

Great!

If RR flips town my trust is shattered... not in maths, but in my own luck.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 15, 2016, 12:16:46 pm »

I can't exactly explain it in words, it's more of a feeling. j Can understand the frustration in wanting to respond and not having something to resound to.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:40 pm »

Hmm....

Thread locked!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 15, 2016, 12:33:55 pm »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

silverspawn (1): Awaclus
Roadrunner7671 (2): Witherweaver, yuma, silverspawn, chairs

Not Voting (2): Axxle, Roadrunner7671

With seven alive, it took four to lynch.

Roadrunner7671 has been lynched!  He was a Mafia Godfather!  In order to accomplish his mission to destroy all combos with Scout, he infiltrated Scout's birthday party as Mystic, but was really Rebuild, who wanted to destroy all cards that could threaten a combo strategy better than going for rebuild!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 15, 2016, 12:35:53 pm »

Night 4 begins now! Night actions are due in 36 hours. Day 4 will begin in 48 hours, or whenever e decides he wants it to begin.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.