• View Profile
hi
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:23:55 pm »
+10

we never got to post pms though! that was gonna be the fun part

here is one from one of the MODS OF THE DOMINION LEAGUE

I'm in bed now ;)
memes
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »
+2

What?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »

I reported this post.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:04:36 pm »

I reported this post.
b-b-but i got explicit consent
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Mavy2k

• Navigator
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:16 pm »

I am glad that they never got to post PMS, that would have probably made things worse.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »
+10

Oh come on guys this post is funny don't pretend otherwise.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »
+5

I am glad that they never got to post PMS, that would have probably made things worse.

I didn't know that men could have PMS. But yes, that probably would have made things worse.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Mavy2k

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:27:21 pm »
+3

I didn't know that men could have PMS. But yes, that probably would have made things worse.

That sounds awfully misogynous.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:53 pm »

As an aside, I think the situation with PMS is a good example of why it's not a good idea to try to factor in people's personal lives into debates. It can be seen as insulting the same way suggesting someone could be PMSing can be insulting.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »
+9

As an aside, I think the situation with PMS is a good example of why it's not a good idea to try to factor in people's personal lives into debates. It can be seen as insulting the same way suggesting someone could be PMSing can be insulting.

Just want to let it be known, I pm'd Adam and apologized for my posts bringing up personal life potentially having an effect on Dominion.

I did not think my post through. I also should not have said anything anyway since only once or twice have I played in the league.

It was dumb of me to say what I said and I very much regret my post.

Mavy2k

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:40 pm »
+1

Just want to let it be known, I pm'd Adam and apologized for my posts bringing up personal life potentially having an effect on Dominion.

I did not think my post through. I also should not have said anything anyway since only once or twice have I played in the league.

Do not feel too bad about that post. I do not think it was offensive. Seemed like you just wanted to mediate.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 08:21:12 pm »
+1

On a more related note, the PM from the mod in question is quite suggestive. Is there something schadd and assemble_me would like to tell us?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 08:26:25 pm »

I think it's an honest mistake to make, seeing as how not everyone will react to such a suggestion in the same way. Perhaps there are people out there who would appreciate others trying to understand how they felt upon making a certain post. Not everyone reacts to certain perspectives the same way.

Sometimes, people admit to have regret posts they've made while in a bad mood for whatever reason. However, we can't know how much effort people make to try keeping their personal lives separate from their discussions here. On the other hand, it could be that someone feels good about their lives but something that happened online (maybe on this forum) soured their mood. I for one have been left rather discouraged by how things have turned out here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:27:53 pm by markusin »

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 08:46:55 pm »

On the other hand, never taking the existence of PMS into account is also a good way to get really steamed over strange behavior/responses that seem to make no sense.  Especially in marriage or other close relationships with women, being aware of that possibility and showing extra grace is quite non-misogynistic.  See also PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder), which is really freaking bad PMS.  The issue is using the term "PMSing" as an insult, which it usually is intended to be.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 08:49:55 pm »

On a more related note, the PM from the mod in question is quite suggestive. Is there something schadd and assemble_me would like to tell us?
i asked him if he wanted to playtest and he was in bed so he said he was in bed ;)

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 08:59:50 pm »
+12

playtest

Is that what they're calling it these days?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Shouldn't this be moved to the introductions forum?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »
+4

Guys let's try not to make this into a "let's discuss who did right/wrong".

Oh and schadd... Did he tell you what he was wearing?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 09:29:34 pm »
+1

Guys let's try not to make this into a "let's discuss who did right/wrong".

Oh and schadd... Did he tell you what he was wearing?
Let me guess. He wore boots to bed.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 10:14:37 pm »

On the other hand, never taking the existence of PMS into account is also a good way to get really steamed over strange behavior/responses that seem to make no sense.  Especially in marriage or other close relationships with women, being aware of that possibility and showing extra grace is quite non-misogynistic.  See also PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder), which is really freaking bad PMS.  The issue is using the term "PMSing" as an insult, which it usually is intended to be.

True, but I still wouldn't recommend actually mentioning that it could be PMS out loud to the person being referred to. Also, I never heard of PMDD.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »
+4

Schadd is the person I think is funniest of everyone on the forum.

He said this one thing in the art thread once, it was so funny the whole art thread exploded.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 01:58:33 am »
+6

It is somewhat regrettable that WW's thread got locked before I could add that it is indeed highly suspicious that Stef and his long-time buddy Mic are winning the league so often, and that I would be a huge proponent of launching a long, thorough, needlessly protracted inquiry into Mic's extraordinary luck and Stef's extraordinary skill, for the duration of which both players would be barred from participating in competitive Dominion play of any kind.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 03:13:35 am »
+2

It is somewhat regrettable that WW's thread got locked before I ..

Man you're the wizard. Using humor and trolling to deal with certain individuals might actually prove more effective than talking and/or trying to reason with them.

I'm grateful theory ended it right there and then. However, there is one misunderstanding I'd like to clear up. There never were any results deleted from mpsprs last season. This 6-0 WW is "quoting" was a hypothetical case I was discussing in a conversation with another mod which he happened to overhear. In this hypothetical scenario of a 6-0, where the loser actually did throw games (for example resigning on turn 3 after your chapel misses the shuffle), there could be made a point to delete the result. Actually, exactly this is the only single instance where results have ever been deleted from the league. It was extensively discussed.
Join the Dominion League!

Cinephile

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 10:04:10 am »
+6

I reported this post.
b-b-but i got explicit consent
I think you mean 'explicit content'.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 10:24:27 am »
+15

So anyway, the closed threads are closed guys. Every internet etiquette guide cautions against carrying on the conversation in a new thread.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 10:36:34 am »

We don't have any proof that you sent this alleged PM...

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:16 am »

Donald can't lock threads.

EDIT: Or he can lock threads and he deleted Iguanaiguana's post to keep his secret safe. We have to consider all the possibilities.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:50:32 am by Roadrunner7671 »

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 10:53:41 am »

He should be able to lock threads, he's right. 

Can we just, not?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 10:55:12 am »

He can lock threads on the boards where he's a moderator (such as Rules Questions), but I don't think he can do that on the other boards.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 10:56:25 am »
+20

He can lock threads on the boards where he's a moderator (such as Rules Questions), but I don't think he can do that on the other boards.
And The Bible of Donald X. Those threads can really get out of hand.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 10:57:10 am »
+3

I kind of think there should be a separation of religion and gaming.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:04 am »
+17

I kind of think there should be a separation of religion and gaming.
That's a political viewpoint. And I for one think it's sexy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 11:03:34 am »

I appreciate this, because the worst thing about locked threads is that it's tedious to create the quote with the correct link and timestamp.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 11:24:38 am »
+14

Alright guys, let's let the flame wars end and let theory enjoy his vacation in Iceland.  I am going to lock this one.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.