Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 13 - Game Reports & Discussion  (Read 4225 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Season 13 - Game Reports & Discussion
« on: February 14, 2016, 03:04:40 pm »

If you want to write about a game you or someone else played during the league, or post links to video coverage, please do so in this thread.

If you've lost a game and want to ask for advice, please post it here.
All your questions will be answered.
Join the Dominion League!

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Season 13 - Game Reports & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 06:38:23 pm »
+1

Hi all,

where can I submit a kingdom for the final? Greetings.
Greetings,
SirDagen

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »
+2

you can pm this account with your submission.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

singletee

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:34:00 pm »
+3

My C3 match vs DG. I've highlighted the key cards in each game.

Game 1: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Coppersmith, Count, Death Cart, Hunting Grounds, Oracle, Royal Seal, Scavenger, Spy, Venture, Woodcutter
Big Money game with a Scavenger and a Hunting Grounds each. I went for the second-to-last Province (on turn 10!) since I knew my deck was weaker and I did not like my chances at extended Duchy dancing. Unlikely hero Royal Seal saved the day by allowing me to topdeck a Death Cart to snag the final Province.
Result: singletee wins 43-39

Game 2: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Cellar, Conspirator, Ghost Ship, Herald, Jester, Market Square, Pearl Diver, Poor House, Swindler, Tribute
Sloggy game with lots of attacks. The money deck is more resistant to Swindler. I think the Herald-powered deck is probably better overall, but it's close. I accidentally (but avoidably) gave myself a bad shuffle after my Heralds finally lined up.
Result: DG wins 38-32

Game 3: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Laboratory, Margrave, Oasis, Pawn, Remake, Rogue, Secret Chamber, Shanty Town, Smithy, Tournament
Engine with Tournament. I got $5 for Margrave on the second shuffle while my opponent did not. Things snowballed from there. Oasis vs Silver in the opening is an interesting question. Oasis approximately halves the chance of Remake missing the shuffle, whereas Silver is better economy and may allow you to Remake and buy a $3 in the same turn.
Result: singletee wins (DG resigned)

Game 4: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Advisor, Counterfeit, Crossroads, Herbalist, Hoard, Island, Mandarin, Mine, Mining Village, Torturer
I think I take more Curses in Torturer games than I should, and the 8-2 Curse split here shows it. But somehow through luck, sheer force of will, and/or dark magic I manage to keep my deck going and double Island for the win.
Result: singletee wins 34-31

Game 5: Kingdom - Log
Colonies / Estates - Baker, Highway, Hunting Party, Lighthouse, Pirate Ship, Rats, Steward, Treasure Map, Urchin, Vault
Both players trashed down to thin, strong decks. PCR and PPR came into play, so we were buying Duchies with $11 or more. Eventually my deck weakened to the point where I could no longer hit $11 every turn. I wonder if it's better to skip Urchin altogether in favor of Steward.
Result: DG wins 74-57

Game 6: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Bank, Baron, Cache, Chancellor, Mandarin, Masquerade, Moneylender, Scrying Pool, Silk Road, Stonemason
DG went for Silk Road/Baron, which I did not notice was a thing until too late. My Masq-BM with Bank and Cache seems competitive with it. The highlight of this game was here:
---------- singletee: turn 14 ----------
singletee - plays Masquerade
singletee - draws Estate, Estate
singletee - passes Baron
DG - passes Baron
Result: DG wins 35-31

Match result: 3-3 tie

smcrtorchs

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 07:28:11 am »

"I wonder if it's better to skip Urchin altogether in favor of Steward."

It should be, steward goes extremely well with Hunting party and you can open with both. This allows you to continue getting more parties with steward the next turns and start trashing the coppers as you build, because you would have more than 7 coins every turn very soon. Lighthouses seem a really good compliment here, because they can be bought even on a steward trashing turn and they offer both protection and economy.

singletee

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:34:30 pm »
+2

My C3 match vs E.Honda. I've highlighted the key cards in each game.

Game 1: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Shelters - Bandit Camp, Embassy, Junk Dealer, Lighthouse, Market Square, Menagerie, Moneylender, Pawn, Scavenger, Squire
Menagerie stack with trashing from Junk Dealer and Moneylender. 5/2 and 4/3 openings seem about even here. My opponent put Scavenger to better use than I did.
Result: E.Honda wins 31-27

Game 2: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Beggar, Courtyard, Embargo, Herbalist, Nobles, Rebuild, Stables, Trader, Treasure Map, Vineyard
My opponent opened Embargo/Rebuild and guess what he Embargoed. I went for Courtyard/Trader into Stables. It turns out to be quite strong and we ended up with a close game.
Result: E.Honda wins 26-24

Game 3: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Cultist, Jester, Lighthouse, Market Square, Merchant Ship, Moneylender, Mountebank, Plaza, Poor House, Stables
Lots of attacks and Lighthouse for defense. Nobody went for Cultist. I'm noticing a pattern wherein Cultist is bad when Cursers are out, particularly if there are also (a) villages and/or (b) lack of strong trashing. I had a lot of dead Stables; I think I overdid them a bit.
Result: E.Honda wins 20-14

Game 4: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Candlestick Maker, Council Room, Golem, Hoard, Marauder, Merchant Ship, Mining Village, Poor House, Sea Hag, Watchtower
This time I had the favorable opening split. I wanted to go for Marauder too but I never felt I could spare the terminal space.
Result: singletee wins 33-22

Game 5: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Coppersmith, Knights, Lighthouse, Mine, Moneylender, Pillage, Salvager, Tactician, Tribute, Wishing Well
This was a weird game. Double Tactician looked good from the get-go, if only as a way to keep Lighthouse in play at all times and punish your opponent with Knights if he does not do the same. Then we had only Lighthouse, Salvager, and Tribute for economy.
Result: singletee wins 33-29

Game 6: Kingdom - Log
Provinces / Estates - Catacombs, Embassy, Farmland, Golem, Ill-Gotten Gains, Island, Jack of All Trades, Peddler, Procession, Remodel
Not much going on here. Jack will handle IGG rush easily. My early Farmland was bad, and maybe the Catacombs too. Farmland is definitely good later on though to turn Estate→Island and Gold→Province.
Result: E.Honda wins 40-31

Match result: E.Honda wins 4-2
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:37:13 pm by singletee »

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 11:01:53 am »
+2

My first match in B2 (vs. Fergesser):

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 11:00:26 am »
+3

My second match in B2 (vs. drsteelhammer) - at least most of the games:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »
+2

My third match in B2 (vs. Assemble Meme):

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 07:42:15 pm »
+2

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:58:00 pm »
+1

I think there is a point in the Dan vs SCSN match where Dan can use a knight in the possession turn to deliberately attack his own deck, in the hope of trashing silvers and potion while leaving platinum and possession behind.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:37 pm »
+2

My final match in B2 (vs. gamesou):

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.