Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 4: Intrigue (Results!)  (Read 25701 times)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 4: Intrigue (Finalists!)
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:52 am »

King's Feast is mine. And I agree with the 'damn, this card is flexible', but I am ok with that. It might need to be a little pricier (7? 8?) or have a penalty or restriction on gaining it (think grand market).

Anyone have any suggestions on improving it?
I don't think that it is too expensive. On average the best option is Lab and while Lab is often bought for 6$ I don't think that the extra flexibility is worth enough to make this cost 7$.
But then I could be wrong. A simple way to increase the price and make the card rarer is of course via Potion, i.e. 4P.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Treasure Chest Design Contest - Part 4: Intrigue (Results!)
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2016, 04:47:06 am »

That would be a good suggestion, but I am in the 'not a huge fan of P' camp. :) Currently, I am contemplating a 'When this is in play, you can't gain or play another one from your hand'-clause.

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2016, 02:41:06 am »

That would be a good suggestion, but I am in the 'not a huge fan of P' camp. :) Currently, I am contemplating a 'When this is in play, you can't gain or play another one from your hand'-clause.
This is a good idea as it prevents the card from being a main piece in your engine. Its only liability is after all its hyperflexibility.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2016, 04:21:37 am »

This is a good idea as it prevents the card from being a main piece in your engine. Its only liability is after all its hyperflexibility.

Thank you for the endorsement of the idea! :) And than I can give it a name that sort of indicates 'uniqueness'. Pope, king, whatever; something.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

Some notes on other versions of BoM that were tried:

I tried having it gain the card. It just empties piles so fast. Multiple versions tried this though.

I tried having it gain a card, then return that card to the supply. People just endlessly forgot to return the card. Maybe something could have reminded them well enough; I did not have the technology at the time.

I tried having it play a card without moving it. For all of your Band of Misfits solutions, consider duration cards and Feast. Here I was not satisfied with how the weird cases resolved.

Relevant for Royal Tutor.  Dunno if any changes should be made... maybe even just explicitly prohibiting it from playing a Duration from the Supply?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.