Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Seeking An Organizer To Revive Penguicon's Dominion Tournament  (Read 1172 times)

Matt_Arnold

• Thief
  • Designer of "Overworld" by Magic Meeple Games.
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Seeking An Organizer To Revive Penguicon's Dominion Tournament
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:55:20 pm »
+5

Hi there, folks! I ran a Dominion tournament at Penguicon for several years, which always had about 28 players. Last year, I skipped a year in order to focus on other work for the convention. Please let me know if you are interested in taking over for 2016. I can send you all of the materials. I will provide the convenient Dominion setup trays, which I make out of vacuum-formed sheet styrene.

Penguicon is a combination of an open source software conference and a science fiction convention, including all nerd interests such as board games, comedy music concerts, molecular gastronomy, science, and much more. It is attended by more than 1337 nerds, and has about 500 events packed into one weekend. Its thirteenth year will be held at the Westin in Southfield, Michigan, USA, from April 29 through May 1, 2016.

www.penguicon.org

You would receive a discounted attendance badge for $25, but don't worry about the cost-- it's on me. As the head of the game track, I can also arrange prize support for you, and Penguicon's special adhesive ribbons for the badges of the contestants, reading "Colony", "Province", "Duchy", and "Estate". I need to set the cutoff for responses at the end of February. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:56:48 pm by Matt_Arnold »

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +429
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking An Organizer To Revive Penguicon's Dominion Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

I'm willing to assist whomever runs this, but I do not have the time to take the lead on this one.

I'll add that Penguicon is a heckuva fun time, so if you're either a Maker/Linux/computer geek or an SF/Fantasy/Gaming fan within driving distance of the Detroit area, you should definitely go.

One final note:  Penguicon is more or less family-friendly during the day, but it is not a child-oriented convention.  Some of the programming, particularly at night, may not be appropriate for children.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.