Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 21)  (Read 1782 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 21)
« on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »

India-Panther: Action-Reaction,  to .
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing [either/exactly /]  more than it.
If the gained card is an action, play it.

Ok, so here we are. After lots of discussion about various power levels and ways to fix Fortress, and people changing their votes to and from the "either" option, we still had 2 options that were preferred above the rest. Let's see who wins!

Poll closes Wednesday night; and hey, you can change you vote all you want until then!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Re: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 21)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:28:50 pm »

I hereby repeat my vote for "up to $1 more"

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:34:15 pm »

So ignoring the Fortress question for a moment, how much stronger is it to be able to also gain more?

When you trash a Copper with it... no difference, unless it happens to be a Poor House game.

When you trash Estates with it... So you can gain/play a instead of having to gain/play a . I actually feel like this is a pretty big buff. Often the s are stronger than the s anyway, and not every game has a available. Or you could be forced to gain a Potion that you don't want. The other way, you can at least always get a Silver, though you lose out on the free action play.

When you trash your Silver, or any other , it doesn't matter much, you want that . And that will probably be a common use of this card.

When you trash a is probably when it makes the most difference, but you don't really want to trash your s very often. Though you'd still often be happy to to get a that's played immediately.

Looking at all that, it sounds like "Exactly more" might be on the weak side actually. When trashing your Estates or any s you picked up, it's a big limitation.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:42:42 pm »

I honestly never considered the "$1 or $2 More" as an option. It doesn't seem different enough from "Up to $2 More" to be worth the extra rules text. So my vote between those two would automatically go to "Exactly $2 More".

Since I already posted in the other thread. Granted, trashing $5 for a different $5 is a huge reason to pick "Up to" wording, I like the "Exactly" solution more for what we are doing.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:38:47 am »
+1

So exactly $2 wins.

Do we need a vote on price? With other options we would, but is there any chance the latest would be anything higher than $5? Opinions?

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:27:27 am »
+1

So exactly $2 wins.

Do we need a vote on price? With other options we would, but is there any chance the latest would be anything higher than $5? Opinions?

Definitely not. It's probably even a weak $5.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:59:09 am »

So exactly $2 wins.

Definitely not. It's probably even a weak $5.
I agree. At 4 it might make for some interesting turbo-remodel games, but I think 5 is the right price here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:45:31 pm by Accatitippi »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.