Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Super Bowl 50  (Read 7919 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 50
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:44:35 pm »
+2

Surprised to not see some discussion on this already. Any NFL fans out there? As a resident of North Carolina, I'm a Panthers fan, and thus am quite excited.

I've learned to not ever be over-confident (I lived in Boston during the 2007 Patriots' season), but it does seem like it would be a big surprise if the Panthers don't win this one.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl 50
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:03:56 pm »
+5

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:59 pm »

Once we got past the Divisional games, I stopped paying attention. I simply determined I would like the NFC to win.

Due to past issues with the Broncos, and really no interest in the Patriots ever, left me with my aunt and the Cards or my friend and the Panthers.

As much as I enjoy watching Manning play, I cannot get behind the Broncos.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

I really don't see the panthers losing. I want the broncos to win, but the panthers are just playing so well
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:25:52 pm »
+2

Surprised to not see some discussion on this already.

Because no one cares.  Nor should care.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 01:30:18 pm »

I'll be rooting for the Panthers, out of support for my NC-based extended family.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:30:35 pm »
+5

Why you gotta hate?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 01:42:44 pm »

Why you gotta hate?

Oh man.  I could spend a very, very, very long time ranting about this.  Where would you like me to start?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »
+8

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about "Super Bowl 50" versus "Super Bowl L". I am firmly in the "L" camp.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »
+1

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about "Super Bowl 50" versus "Super Bowl L". I am firmly in the "L" camp.

They probably thought it would be too easy to call it "Super Bowl L(ame)".
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »
+7

I think I can pretty easily prove the first sentence false with various statistics about TV ratings and ticket prices. The second sentence is of course subjective and up for debate.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »
+16

No, haven't you heard?  Since the werothegreat Act of 2014 people are only allowed to care about things werothegreat cares about. 

It should surprise no one that there is a relevant xkcd:

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »

No, haven't you heard?  Since the werothegreat Act of 2014 people are only allowed to care about things werothegreat cares about.

Are we obligated to care about all the things werothegreat cares about, or are we only forbidden from caring about things he doesn't care about?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 02:50:46 pm »
+2

Are we obligated to care about all the things werothegreat cares about, or are we only forbidden from caring about things he doesn't care about?

Since my (mostly) bloodless takeover a little less than two years ago

I was trying to think of some sort of witty, back-patting comeback, but my brain is too tired.  As for the comic, I guess I'm the kind of person who tries to associate as much possible with people who share my interests in the first place.  Does that make me an asshole?  Possibly.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »
+1

As for the comic, I guess I'm the kind of person who tries to associate as much possible with people who share my interests in the first place.  Does that make me an asshole?  Possibly.

Only if you also try to demean others who are different from you!

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 03:11:26 pm »
+4

As for the comic, I guess I'm the kind of person who tries to associate as much possible with people who share my interests in the first place.  Does that make me an asshole?  Possibly.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with having friends with mutual interests - but that's not what wero was actually doing - he was saying no one SHOULD have an interest in football, which is pretty shitty!

I got more into football this year in order to have more things to talk about at work with coworkers, and as a tactics / strategy nerd I'm surprised just how deep it is. It seems obvious in retrospect, but it's basically a round based real time strategy game, where the positions of 22 different units drastically affect the results. Athletic ability adds an X-factor to the game that makes it less predictable and ultimately more interesting.

Try new things sometime - you'll be surprised what you find out you like! There was a time in my life when I was a sportsball mocking snob - but now it adds value to my weekend that just wasn't there before.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

SirSlugma

• Thief
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 11:22:34 pm »

Things I like: sports, football, Dominion, board games, conventions, all sorts of nerdy things.

Sharing interests is fun!  Being obnoxious because people like something you don't is not.  I've been there before and it's so much worse than just letting people enjoy things.

Anyway, I can't complain since the Patriots already lost.  :D  Just hoping this one stays close and exciting.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »

Cheering for the Panthers as I used to live in Charlotte, NC.
They're my #2 favorite team. (I won't disclose my #1 team because they've been sucky.)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 01:08:42 am »
+1

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with having friends with mutual interests - but that's not what wero was actually doing - he was saying no one SHOULD have an interest in football, which is pretty shitty!

I got more into football this year in order to have more things to talk about at work with coworkers, and as a tactics / strategy nerd I'm surprised just how deep it is. It seems obvious in retrospect, but it's basically a round based real time strategy game, where the positions of 22 different units drastically affect the results. Athletic ability adds an X-factor to the game that makes it less predictable and ultimately more interesting.

Try new things sometime - you'll be surprised what you find out you like! There was a time in my life when I was a sportsball mocking snob - but now it adds value to my weekend that just wasn't there before.

I do try new things.  But football isn't a new thing for me.  My family watches football - I just can't get into it.  It's just too... well, boring, honestly.  Maybe I shouldn't be so dismissive, and I apologize if I came off as harsh or demeaning.  But honestly, given that the particular sport is football, I don't really feel all that much remorse.  This is the activity that results in a whole host of brain injuries, not to mention the shitty things that coaches and owners do to their players and cheerleaders and host cities.  It's just a horrible, corrupt institution.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 02:33:43 am »

The next f.ds meetup, I will set up a 5-on-5 football match. Anyone else want to be a team captain?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 06:51:38 am »

As usual, I'm late to the party. I have a bad habit of derailing threads. I'm rooting for the Panthers, but that's mostly becsuse I want to see my friend (a Bronco's bandwagoner) get his hopes and dresms crushed. I suppose I like Cam Newton because of his energy when he celebrates, but it's mostly because of my friend.

Read as: I don't particularly care about the Super Bowl this year.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 10:03:27 pm »
+3

Von Miller MVP. Had to be
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 10:39:19 pm »

So who won?  The Cubs?  The Tudors?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 11:46:03 pm »

So who won?  The Cubs?  The Tudors?

Yes.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 11:48:03 pm »

But really, Denver's defense was exceptional.  Made the Panthers look like rookies.  And that last strip sack against Cam Newton showed exactly what type of player he is.  He didn't even try to recover the ball himself.  He just acted like a spoiled kid who had his toys taken away from him after playing with them all season.  When things started going against him, he just ended up not even trying.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.