Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Author Topic: The Dominion online 2017 thread  (Read 112884 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: The Dominion online 2017 thread
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:54 am »

I wish the URL didn't contain games so I would have a chance of playing this through the filter at work.

Have you tried using a VPN?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2017, 12:35:30 pm »
+5

I wish the URL didn't contain games so I would have a chance of playing this through the filter at work.

I don't think it's worth risking getting fired and losing your major source of income for a couple of games of Dominion.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2017, 03:25:34 pm »
+3

I don't think it's worth risking getting fired and losing your major source of income for a couple of games of Dominion.

Poser
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2017, 04:43:37 pm »

I mean, I used a VPN to get around the filter at the military to reach torrent sites while totally hoping to have a career with the military, so that was a thing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pyrosis

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »

I'm sure this has been answered already but I looked through and didn't see it - if we had previously paid for the cards on goko/making fun - do we get any credit towards a dominion 2017 subscription and if so how do we claim it? thanks so much

-tavis

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »

Yes. You get one year of free subscription to the sets you had.
You should have received an email about that (titled Dominion Online - Welcome to 2017). If you can't find it, check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, PM Stef (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1091) and he will help you.

pyrosis

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:03 pm »

OK thanks, I could not locate the email so I did PM stef, thanks so much I appreciate you guys.

pyrosis

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2017, 06:20:29 pm »

I did find the email but the link just takes me to a picture of the overgrown estate and nothing further happens. I think its because I already had created an account with that username/email address before I found the link in the email? Is there a solution to this? Thanks so much

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »

Reload the page while holding the Control key.
If that doesn't help, try a different browser (though that is likely not the issue if you previously managed to make an account)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:34 pm »

Evading a filter is categorically different from just observing that the filter hasn't caught something and doing it.  Yeah.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2017, 10:47:52 pm »
+4

Could the waiting time for "pretend to think" on gladiator be changed to time out after a few seconds?

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2017, 12:23:39 am »
+1

Autoplay plays coppers when Grand Market is in the supply and the other treasures produce at least $6

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26:40 am »
+1

Autoplay plays coppers when Grand Market is in the supply and the other treasures produce at least $6

This is a known issue and will be worked on.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

iamsparticus

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2017, 04:02:52 pm »
+1

Match making is broken.

1. I've been put into games through the good match feature that are consistent almost entirely of base set. I think this is because the person I was playing only had base set as "familiar cards", so a max of 3 unfamiliar cards were chosen. Clearly there is a problem if I am having to play people in primarily base set games. Simple solution, get rid of the familiar cards list entirely. If people want to not play with cards they don't know (own) they can check that as an option.
2. What is a quick match, what is a good match? This isn't explained. It should be showed through a pop up when you hover over the button at the least. The only thing I can guess at is that good match doesn't provide you with a bot match?
3. The tables are abysmal. There are far too many. They don't host enough players for a tournament. You can't really see any info about the players at the table or why you'd want to join one vs. the other.
4. Playing with a friend is ridiculous, because I have to do so through a table. When the system put me at a table with my friend, there were other people there. We ended up not playing against each other.
5. Matchmaking now has a ranking system, but I cannot see my ranking. Any info on this?
6. When I leave a table, it shouldn't put me to the new table page, it should put me back at the tables page.
7. When I hit ready on a table with no other players (in attempt to indicate that I am ready for a match with a human opponent if they were to arrive) I instead get put into a match with a bot. I don't want a match with a bot. Is there an option to stop this from happening? I never want a match with a bot.

I ideally want a system where I have parameters for a good match by my standards (similar ratings, will use the full array of cards from whoever owns more) through clicking a button and getting paired up. Alternatively, it would be fine to have people search for their own games through going through tables, but that doesn't work when there are a ton of tables which only contain 1 person (and through my experience often contain someone that is AFK). It doesn't work when you know nothing about the potential match that you are getting into other than the person's name (no rating, no list of cards, no gameplay preferences etc.) If we are to sort ourselves into games, we need info to do so properly.

The actual gameplay product is fine, though I am often lost as to what just happened without looking at the log. The matchmaking is the issue that needs to be fixed the most.

Also, why is there no option to stay logged in?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2017, 05:32:41 pm »

Not having any issues with Good Match. I hate the tables thing too. If a friend is online and not at a table there is no way to communicate. So it's either use the terrible tables thing or nothing at all. The upside is I am making all kinds of friends playing with people found by Good Match and getting to play with cards that are decidedly not Base only. So, I am hopeful the social aspect improves and having all these friends pays off big.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2017, 05:53:39 pm »
+1

Almost always good match games for me includes all the expansions. With that said, I think the matching system/lobby thing needs a lot of work. It's like you took both of Goko's/MF's systems and somehow made them worse.

kieranmillar

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: kieranmillar
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2017, 07:04:47 pm »
+2

While the tables system is currently really bad, there are a couple of issues that have already been fixed since the initial release:

1) Good match now only matches you with someone who's familiar cards are at least 80% similar to yours (or some number like that).

2) The gazillion tables with people sitting at them who never respond has been fixed. There was something wrong with table creation causing people to be stuck hosting a table that they actually were not present at.

Some other quick points:

I believe there is a ranking system but it currently can't be seen, it's just going on in the background. If you want to make a table only friends can join, you can set the min and max rating differences both to zero, then only friends can join your table (they are always exempt from that restriction)

If everyone at the table marks that they are ready, the game will start but if you have less than the minimum number of players then bots will fill in all of the missing slots to bring you up to the minimum player requirement. This is how you make custom bot games at the moment.

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2017, 01:05:32 am »

I haven't seen much of this thread, and I really don't have time at present to read through it all.

Does anyone know if they've said anything about possibly implementing the removed cards from Base and Intrigue after most of their to-do list is done and the dust has settled? I doubt they will, personally, but I'm one of those people who is a completionist, and the removed cards did exist previously.

Of course the priority in the cards department should be Inheritance and Stash. And then any bug fixes or missing features, etc.

Also... thank you so much to the devs for allowing more than 2 events/landmarks. Made my day when I saw that.

Brandonboards

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2017, 01:49:36 pm »

End of March 2017 and still no Android app :( when will we get it?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2017, 03:30:09 pm »

I haven't seen much of this thread, and I really don't have time at present to read through it all.

Does anyone know if they've said anything about possibly implementing the removed cards from Base and Intrigue after most of their to-do list is done and the dust has settled? I doubt they will, personally, but I'm one of those people who is a completionist, and the removed cards did exist previously.

Of course the priority in the cards department should be Inheritance and Stash. And then any bug fixes or missing features, etc.

Also... thank you so much to the devs for allowing more than 2 events/landmarks. Made my day when I saw that.

Last I heard since the cards are not part of the official game they are not part of the official online implementation.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2017, 11:38:13 pm »

I'm in a game with Knights, and (EDIT) they don't always attack.  I can't figure out a pattern as to why.  Game #2441545 on tokyo if that helps.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:43:55 pm by Tombolo »
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2017, 11:43:07 pm »

I'm in a game with Knights, and my Dame Sylvia is not attacking, although the others seem to be.

EDIT: As soon as I say that, my other knights stop attacking too.

Did you check the log to make sure you aren't hitting estates and copper

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »

If I did, it didn't say.

Turn 18 - Tom Bombadil
T plays a Sir Bailey.
T draws a Province.
T plays a Silver, a Copper and a Gold.
T buys and gains an Avanto.
T draws a Silver, a Province, a Plaza and 2 Saunas.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2017, 01:01:12 am »
+2

Your opponent did not have any cards in deck - the Knight attack worked but nothing happened because there were no cards to reveal.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2017, 12:21:41 pm »
+3

In other news, ratings are here, in case anyone hasn't tried the client for a few days.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.