Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Author Topic: The Dominion online 2017 thread  (Read 112868 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion online 2017 thread
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2017, 08:50:31 pm »
+4

Reading the shuffle it forums is weird.. like almost everything people are criticizing are things that we here have been talking about as desirable, and things they say they want are things most of us here think are bad.  I can almost tell who is an f.ds member and who isn't without looking at usernames.

I think the main problem is that, while Stef and SCSN certainly know their Dominion, and seem to have implemented almost everything correctly, the graphical design is lacking.  The log on the side should be optional, not mandatory.  I should be able to follow everything going on in the game simply by paying attention to the board.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »
+2

For what it's worth: Although the product is clearly not done, I *feel* the improvement, every time I log in.

Don't loose faith, guys. A year from now, all of these complaints will be dust in the wind.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »

Reading the shuffle it forums is weird.. like almost everything people are criticizing are things that we here have been talking about as desirable, and things they say they want are things most of us here think are bad.  I can almost tell who is an f.ds member and who isn't without looking at usernames.

I think the main problem is that, while Stef and SCSN certainly know their Dominion, and seem to have implemented almost everything correctly, the graphical design is lacking.  The log on the side should be optional, not mandatory.  I should be able to follow everything going on in the game simply by paying attention to the board.

I have no idea, but I would guess the log is staying put until they implement a graphical trash pile rather than only being a block of card names at the top of the log at least.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2017, 09:20:52 pm »

For what it's worth: Although the product is clearly not done, I *feel* the improvement, every time I log in.

Don't loose faith, guys. A year from now, all of these complaints will be dust in the wind.
This! Seriously, this should be just as good as MF my April if this keeps up. It's been less than a week and they have fixed so much that was brought up.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
+2

I guess, but it seems like a log is the best way to follow everything going on in the game.  If I have a choice between reading text and watching card-shaoed graphics move around my screen, I choose text.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2017, 09:41:23 pm »
+5

I guess, but it seems like a log is the best way to follow everything going on in the game.  If I have a choice between reading text and watching card-shaoed graphics move around my screen, I choose text.

Well, you're in a minority.  If you want Dominion Online to survive, it needs to make money.  In order to make money, it needs to appeal to more casual gamers as well, which involves primarily making everything easy to follow without having to look at the log, and apparently also requires a mobile app.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »
+1

I don't think any UI can make it possible to follow everything by looking at the board only. When I play Dominion IRL (which admittedly is not super often), staring at what other players are doing with their hands is not enough. There also needs to be some talking happening. The log just substitutes for the talking.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2017, 10:30:33 pm »

Well, you're in a minority.  If you want Dominion Online to survive, it needs to make money.  In order to make money, it needs to appeal to more casual gamers as well, which involves primarily making everything easy to follow without having to look at the log, and apparently also requires a mobile app.

I would be willing to bet that if they made it so that literally everything was visible without using a log, there would be people who would start to complain that the UI is too cluttered or too hard to read on mobile devices or similar complaints.  I tend to not watch the log too much, but it doesn't bother me having it there, at least on a full-size screen at least.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

Wasn't one of the promised features different interfaces depending on how you liked to play?

I was imagining everything from Text Based to pretty animations being options.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »

Wasn't one of the promised features different interfaces depending on how you liked to play?

I was imagining everything from Text Based to pretty animations being options.

A lot of stuff was promised.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2017, 11:38:09 pm »
+1

It's not clear how to choose the order to top deck cards with Ghost Ship. I'm playing a game with Ghost Ship, Native Village and Herald and there's no indication at all on how to get it right.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:39:28 pm by NoMoreFun »

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2017, 11:41:00 pm »

Quick note not much was promised by release.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2017, 12:07:07 am »

What is the procedure for bug reports? I just broke the game by playing Overlord as an Outpost.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2017, 12:10:49 am »

Post it on their forum.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2017, 12:32:43 am »
+1

Ah, but that would require their activation emails to work.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2017, 12:40:39 am »

Ah, but that would require their activation emails to work.

Go to the Shuffleit discord channel and report it there:
https://discord.gg/tzWvk
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2017, 04:43:13 am »

It's not clear how to choose the order to top deck cards with Ghost Ship. I'm playing a game with Ghost Ship, Native Village and Herald and there's no indication at all on how to get it right.
They go onto the deck in the order you click them.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2017, 06:00:17 am »
+3

First, the familiar cards concept, while an interesting idea, needs to be brought to the attention of people.  I am getting absolutely sick of playing every game with the same base cards, especially Chapel.  Chapel just stops being interesting when your last 6 games have also had it.  I personally marked everything as familiar because I don't want to be gently led into all the cards that have been released since Hinterlands (the last set on Isotropic).  If people aren't actively marking cards as familiar, the feature is very very annoying to people like me.  I think maybe it's better on Good Match than Quick Match, but if that's the case it's not very clear, and I'm worried since I didn't play on Goko/MF that Good Match will be matching me with mainly newbs and I won't get to see decent players actually using all the new cards. 

We're trying to improve here. Up until the last release (~20 hours ago) the matcher ignored familiar sets (even on good match), but now it is:

The matcher counts the number of cards you have both subscribed to and marked as familiar. This set is called your "expected" set.

For a possible candidate, it counts what percentage of your expected sets are marked as familiar by them. A bonus is added to this of 10% times their setting of "max unfamiliar cards".
If the resulting percentage is less then 80%, you will not consider them a good match.

I haven't really documented this yet because it's very likely to change again in the near future, and to become user-configurable later on.
Join the Dominion League!

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2017, 06:12:40 am »

I don't mind the log, but I did like in MF that I never needed the log.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2017, 06:53:55 am »
+4

Having the game playable without the log is certainly on my wishlist as well.
Unfortunately, just removing it now won't improve the situation. We need to fix quite a number of other things first.
Join the Dominion League!

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2017, 09:16:09 am »
+2

Having the game playable without the log is certainly on my wishlist as well.
Unfortunately, just removing it now won't improve the situation. We need to fix quite a number of other things first.

I completely understand. Don't worry, I am team Shuffle It. (But I do like your comments such as this. People like to be acknowledged!)

I have every faith that you'll manage. Call me a satisfied transitioning customer.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:26 am »

Oh, don't get rid of the log. I'm not saying get rid of it. I'm just saying be something that's there if I want to check something, rather than something I need to be staring at the entire time.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:16 am »
+1

As long as we are mentioning features, eitehr one of these wouldw work:

- The option to ban a card
- The option that I automatically resign when rebuild is on the board
- The option that I automatically resign when someone buys rebuild

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:10 am »

As long as we are mentioning features, eitehr one of these wouldw work:

- The option to ban a card
- The option that I automatically resign when rebuild is on the board
- The option that I automatically resign when someone buys rebuild

Shoudn't the second include the third?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2017, 10:25:35 am »

I don't think any UI can make it possible to follow everything by looking at the board only. When I play Dominion IRL (which admittedly is not super often), staring at what other players are doing with their hands is not enough. There also needs to be some talking happening. The log just substitutes for the talking.

Maybe audio could be used more in game?
Dominion has a lot going on, so trying to display it all clearly on screen is a challenge.
One way to transmit more data would be to switch some of the load to audio.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.