Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Author Topic: The Dominion online 2017 thread  (Read 112606 times)

avorian

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion online 2017 thread
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2017, 11:31:30 am »

Just managed to get a confirmation email out of the client, so that's better. Next I have to ponder whether I want to want to set up a paypal/bitcoin payment method.

brianholwerda

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »

I still have not received an email to logon to the new site. I had purchased nearly all of the expansions on the old site. How do I go about getting logged on?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »

If you "owned"  nearly all sets on MF, you should have gotten your email already. Have you checked your spam folder?

It's also possible that you only got a subscription that doesn't carry over on MF. They switched to selling these at some point last year. In that case, the emailmight still be in the queue and should arrive at some point in the next 24 hours.

brianholwerda

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2017, 01:17:16 pm »

If you "owned"  nearly all sets on MF, you should have gotten your email already. Have you checked your spam folder?

It's also possible that you only got a subscription that doesn't carry over on MF. They switched to selling these at some point last year. In that case, the emailmight still be in the queue and should arrive at some point in the next 24 hours.

Yes, I checked spam. I also checked through all my deleted mail to make sure I didn't accidentally delete something. I don't have an email anywhere. I didn't have a subscription at MF. I had purchased nearly all of the expansions. Is there a way for an email to be resent?

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2107
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:56 pm »

"Look through the discard pile" (for Scavenger, Harbinger) has a lot of room for improvement. The cards aren't grouped (even though the log groups the cards) and only a small sliver of each card is shown. It took quite a long time to right click all of the cards.

Some kind of marker for Haunted Woods/Swamp Hag would also be helpful.

Also a glitch: I had sentry reveal a single card in my deck (an estate) and misclicked "confirm trashing" instead of clicking on it. I then requested an undo which was allowed, but then the card didn't show up below the text and I wasn't able to trash or discard it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »
+1

I think the Traveler replacement interface could use some enhancement.  A "exchange all" or "exchange none" kind of button could be nice, and also it's not exactly obvious which of White/Black means that option is being selected.  In fact, why not have a single box that toggles between KEEP and EXCHANGE, instead of two boxes, where clicking either toggles the state of both boxes?  One box has entirely redundant information, and only adds to confusion.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:50 pm »
+1

In fact, why not have a single box that toggles between KEEP and EXCHANGE, instead of two boxes, where clicking either toggles the state of both boxes?  One box has entirely redundant information, and only adds to confusion.

It used to work that way, but other people found it confusing. Actually, with the single box format, some people wanted the box text "Exchange" or "Keep" to represent what would happen when you cleaned up, and some wanted the opposite! (i.e. you would click on a box that said "Exchange" to make the Traveller be exchanged, though the box would now read "Keep"). Part of the opposite desires came from people wanting consistency between the multiple Travellers interface and a single Traveller interface.

I agree that it should be more clear which of the two options is currently selected.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2017, 02:35:32 pm »
+1

Also a glitch: I had sentry reveal a single card in my deck (an estate) and misclicked "confirm trashing" instead of clicking on it. I then requested an undo which was allowed, but then the card didn't show up below the text and I wasn't able to trash or discard it.

Yes, the undo is broken if you go back to the Sentry choice, and it's been reported on their forums. A workaround is to request an additional undo to go back before you've played the Sentry at all, then the interface will appear (I think).

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2017, 02:42:40 pm »
+1

Some "undo"s shouldn't require permission. Eg if I click "discard both" for hamlet then decide I only want to discard one, tehnically I haven't actually done anything yet.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2017, 09:49:59 pm »

"Look through the discard pile" (for Scavenger, Harbinger) has a lot of room for improvement. The cards aren't grouped (even though the log groups the cards) and only a small sliver of each card is shown. It took quite a long time to right click all of the cards.

It's impossible on a mobile browser that lacks a right click. Harbinger/Vassal became fairly random quickly.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2017, 11:18:39 am »

In fact, why not have a single box that toggles between KEEP and EXCHANGE, instead of two boxes, where clicking either toggles the state of both boxes?  One box has entirely redundant information, and only adds to confusion.

It used to work that way, but other people found it confusing. Actually, with the single box format, some people wanted the box text "Exchange" or "Keep" to represent what would happen when you cleaned up, and some wanted the opposite! (i.e. you would click on a box that said "Exchange" to make the Traveller be exchanged, though the box would now read "Keep"). Part of the opposite desires came from people wanting consistency between the multiple Travellers interface and a single Traveller interface.

I agree that it should be more clear which of the two options is currently selected.

I thought for sure the ambiguity problem would be solved with a change from toggle buttons to radio buttons. Yet, now we have ambiguous radio buttons. Sigh. Visuals really do matter to the UX.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2017, 11:24:23 am »

I thought for sure the ambiguity problem would be solved with a change from toggle buttons to radio buttons. Yet, now we have ambiguous radio buttons. Sigh. Visuals really do matter to the UX.

Ah. Well, it's solvable.  Making Fun's wasn't super aesthetic, but it was pretty clear.

Is there a way to select autopreferences?  For example, you probably don't want to Exchange Warriors or Disciples after the first one.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2017, 11:39:36 am »

Got to play with a desktop browser on a 27" monitor and was pretty delighted with the game. Yes, there is room for improvement but this is worth subscribing to and fun to play. Considering 95% of my play time would be on a mobile device, though, I'm still waiting to see an app.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:27 am »

Tried it on my iPhone during lunch and it is surprisingly playable. Other than occasionally adjusting zoom levels to make various buttons visible, and not being able to read card text, you can totally use it for quick games. Obviously a proper mobile app would be preferred and would work more reliably.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »

I can't pick Mystic as a guess when I play a Mystic if the Mystic pile is empty. Not sure if other "name" cards are the same way.

I also couldn't pick Humble Castle (which I knew was on the top of my deck) as it wasn't in the supply and I couldn't find any "list of other cards".

Edit: But I could pick a Mystic from my hand to name Mystic
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:39:32 pm by NoMoreFun »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2017, 02:46:33 pm »

So, there's no ranking at this time? Are game logs being saved to build a future ranking or will we all start at zero when/if ranking becomes a feature? How is matching working if there is no rank?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2017, 02:48:53 pm »

Matching currently uses ratings from MF, and game results are being recorded.

Wrobbe

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2017, 03:00:56 pm »

I had 2 accounts on the MF server, one paid and one free.  I received an email yesterday for the free one but have yet to receive a link I can use for the account on which I paid lots of money for the expansions.  Is anyone else out there still waiting for their email?  Going through withdrawal....

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2017, 04:09:50 pm »

I can't pick Mystic as a guess when I play a Mystic if the Mystic pile is empty. Not sure if other "name" cards are the same way.

I also couldn't pick Humble Castle (which I knew was on the top of my deck) as it wasn't in the supply and I couldn't find any "list of other cards".

Yep, same issue with Shelters. Pretty infuriating to have a Mystic string thwarted by a known top card you can't pick.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

Yep, same issue with Shelters. Pretty infuriating to have a Mystic string thwarted by a known top card you can't pick.

My guess is this will be an issue with split piles and Knights and other things I haven't thought of yet.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2017, 04:56:28 am »

I had 2 accounts on the MF server, one paid and one free.  I received an email yesterday for the free one but have yet to receive a link I can use for the account on which I paid lots of money for the expansions.  Is anyone else out there still waiting for their email?  Going through withdrawal....
Check you spam folder

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2017, 07:42:41 pm »
+5

For the most part, I like the ShuffleIt interface far more than Goko's.  I think I played one game on Making Fun before determining it wasn't actually an improvement over Goko.  There are a couple of things that bother me beyond the bugs (like naming cards) that still need to be squashed.

First, the familiar cards concept, while an interesting idea, needs to be brought to the attention of people.  I am getting absolutely sick of playing every game with the same base cards, especially Chapel.  Chapel just stops being interesting when your last 6 games have also had it.  I personally marked everything as familiar because I don't want to be gently led into all the cards that have been released since Hinterlands (the last set on Isotropic).  If people aren't actively marking cards as familiar, the feature is very very annoying to people like me.  I think maybe it's better on Good Match than Quick Match, but if that's the case it's not very clear, and I'm worried since I didn't play on Goko/MF that Good Match will be matching me with mainly newbs and I won't get to see decent players actually using all the new cards. 

Second, on a more minor note, I don't like the Ruins being grouped in with the kingdom cards.  It just doesn't feel right.  It feels like it should be next to the curse pile.  Maybe that's not an option if you want to keep it as the same size as the other kingdom cards given that it's a mixed pile and theoretically people might want to buy Ruined Market, but it just doesn't look right.

Of course, there's a lot more that needs to be done that I alluded to in my couple of posts on the ShuffleIt forums.  There needs to be a ranking system.  The game needs to be completely playable, including being able to name any card you want.  You need to be able to see your journey token.  The trash needs to be easier to access.  The selection of a card from your discard (like with Scavenger) needs to be made easier; it's borderline impossible to tell which card is which since they aren't sorted.  There's other things that you already know about from others (multiple Traveller exchanges, poor tavern mat access).  I only subscribed for a month to start since I'm not really sure I want to invest long-term (especially given my job that's going to ramp up the next few months) when I don't know what the release schedule is for all the features that will make the game much more enjoyable overall.  As it stands, I think took probably 3 weeks to many to start, because I'm simply frustrated now that the novelty has worn off and there's other things I can do while I wait for ratings, better matchmaking and user familiarities, and functional fixes.

Stop reading my signature.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2017, 07:55:19 pm »
+1

Reading the shuffle it forums is weird.. like almost everything people are criticizing are things that we here have been talking about as desirable, and things they say they want are things most of us here think are bad.  I can almost tell who is an f.ds member and who isn't without looking at usernames.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2017, 08:16:48 pm »

Reading the shuffle it forums is weird.. like almost everything people are criticizing are things that we here have been talking about as desirable, and things they say they want are things most of us here think are bad.  I can almost tell who is an f.ds member and who isn't without looking at usernames.

Agreed. Here at f.ds we've gone through 4 iterations of online client so we tend to understand why things are the way they are. At some point a FAQ should probably be rendered that spells out some of the more commonly criticized aspects so that some understanding is had of the reasoning behind them.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2017, 08:23:57 pm »

Agreed. Here at f.ds we've gone through 4 iterations of online client so we tend to understand why things are the way they are. At some point a FAQ should probably be rendered that spells out some of the more commonly criticized aspects so that some understanding is had of the reasoning behind them.
An unofficial FAQ already exists. http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1100.0
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.