Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Author Topic: The Dominion online 2017 thread  (Read 112866 times)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion online 2017 thread
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2016, 07:09:53 pm »
+1

Star Realms? I've never had an issue with the desktop version.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2016, 08:35:50 pm »

The issue with the desktop version is that the servers are empty :D

MTGO kinda sucks, although it is genuinely difficult to put that particular game into computer form.  Still, there's probably room for it to be better.

I've heard the pokemon tcg has an online form where you can use cards you actually bought and swipe the bar code and use them online or somesuch, but I've never seen their client and don't know how exaggerated that is.  I bet that interface is pretty good, it'd be pretty hard to screw up.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2016, 09:19:18 pm »

Star Realms? I've never had an issue with the desktop version.
Thanks, I didn't know they had a desktop version. The client seems decent enough but there are some things that I assume would be annoying in a Dominion client. For example, even on "fast animation" mode, the animations are pretty intrusive, and the log is hidden unless you click twice. So it reminds me a bit of the later versions of Goko Dominion (once the client was stable).

Cliffy73

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2016, 12:03:57 am »

MtG Duels was originally a desktop application and still has desktop versions, although it really took off when it made it to tablets a few years later. Limited card pool, but the early versions worked well. (The last couple have been somewhat less stable as they've tried to make it more robustly resemble the real-life card game.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2016, 12:49:44 am »
+1

I like MTGO.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2016, 08:09:21 am »
+3

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2016, 07:00:32 am »
+3

I'm happy about this. Hopefully Dominion will finally get the online implementation it deserves and go on to bigger and better things.

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:52 pm »
+5

I guess this means I don't have to worry so much about my rating taking a nosedive while I take care of baby. :)

JerseyFrank

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »
+2

is there an example of a good commercial desktop client that's adapted from a physical expandable card game?
Pokémon TCG.  It's monetized fairly, rewards physical ownership, allows for total digital/virtual ownership, if desired.

It's available as a desktop app and and for iPads.  I've never seen the iPad implementation.  You can check it out for free and play/train against bots.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

Not sure if anyone brought this up, but is there a plan for a closed beta/test phase?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2016, 03:04:44 pm »
+3

Not sure if anyone brought this up, but is there a plan for a closed beta/test phase?

It's actually happening! Philip (SCSN) and I are building the new version of Dominion Online that will go online on the first of January 2017.

At some point we'll be looking for test users, but not yet.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2016, 07:57:46 pm »

I like MTGO.
I like DO.
I can play this game too!

I like MGTOW.

...wait a second...
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Trigun

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2016, 10:05:20 am »
+3

Does anyone have an update on this? Been a while since I heard anything. Is january 2017 still the target for the new version? If so, will a new IOS app be released at the same time? Because previously we had to wait years for the app, and then great disappointment at Making Fun for making such a bad app where you can ONLY play online (plus great number of crashes).

Eagerly awaiting a new iPhone app to play Dominion OFFLINE! I don't care how much it costs :)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2016, 10:51:14 am »
+1

Does anyone have an update on this? Been a while since I heard anything. Is january 2017 still the target for the new version? If so, will a new IOS app be released at the same time? Because previously we had to wait years for the app, and then great disappointment at Making Fun for making such a bad app where you can ONLY play online (plus great number of crashes).

Eagerly awaiting a new iPhone app to play Dominion OFFLINE! I don't care how much it costs :)
I hope they keep support for my Fire tablet.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Nyarpy

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Nyarpy
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2016, 02:37:35 pm »

I hope they keep support for my Fire tablet.

If they drop that, it seems like my wife and I won't be playing anymore.

SettingFraming

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: breppert
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »

Dominion Online 2017 will be released on January 1st, or at least currently all things point towards that. As Stef has said publicly in (I believe) the features thread, the offline version of the game will be released sometime in 2017. I also believe that the alternative application (i.e. mobile) interfaces will be released at a date later than January 1st as well.
There are no masters, only those who have spent longer in the depths.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »

Sorry, but you'll have to wait longer. On January 1st 2017 we'll go live with our web version of Dominion Online. Our first priority now is to get that up & running smoothly. Once we have that in place we'll continue working on dedicated clients and Dominion Offline, but that certainly won't be released early in 2017.
Join the Dominion League!

critchie

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2016, 03:36:11 pm »

Do we know how the new pricing model will work?

I'll be honest - The MF implementation didn't work at all on my android tablet, my iPhone, or my computer in browser for much of 2016. I'm really disappointed with how online Dominion has been turning out. I hope this new team does better.

But, will there be a grace period or trial period of any kind to try the new implementation before immediately paying for a full subscription?

--------------

I'm a doofus - It's here. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16679.0
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:38:19 pm by critchie »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »
+1

Do we know how the new pricing model will work?

I'll be honest - The MF implementation didn't work at all on my android tablet, my iPhone, or my computer in browser for much of 2016. I'm really disappointed with how online Dominion has been turning out. I hope this new team does better.

But, will there be a grace period or trial period of any kind to try the new implementation before immediately paying for a full subscription?

You picked a good day to ask this question :)

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16679.0

You will be able to play the Base set without a subscription.

David Goldfarb

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: David Goldfarb
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2016, 12:01:05 am »
+4

As of next Sunday, Goko is gone.  Fine.  So: on that Sunday, I wake up in the morning and decide I want to start off my day with a game of Dominion. What do I do?

I've been looking around the forums here and on BGG, including reading the FAQ here for Dominion Online 2017, and I find that most basic of questions is not answered. It's been rather frustrating, really.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2016, 04:01:03 am »
+2

As of next Sunday, Goko is gone.  Fine.  So: on that Sunday, I wake up in the morning and decide I want to start off my day with a game of Dominion. What do I do?

I've been looking around the forums here and on BGG, including reading the FAQ here for Dominion Online 2017, and I find that most basic of questions is not answered. It's been rather frustrating, really.

Hey!

I believe that at the very moment you'll want to play a game, you will just need to check your e-mail that you are using to sign in Goko right now and find the letter from Shuffle IT :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McMatt

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2016, 05:20:30 am »

Hi,

I am very much interested in a small preview to the sober client that was planned:

[...]
* We intend to have different clients for different people. One will look as pretty as we can make it, one will be sober, with minimal images and mostly text. [...]
[...]

A screenshot as teaser would make me happy :)

Cheers,
Matt

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2016, 10:01:53 am »
+2

Hi,

I am very much interested in a small preview to the sober client that was planned:

[...]
* We intend to have different clients for different people. One will look as pretty as we can make it, one will be sober, with minimal images and mostly text. [...]
[...]

A screenshot as teaser would make me happy :)

Cheers,
Matt

I am guessing—guessing!—that the minimalist client has been put on the back burner along with lots of other planned features, as Shuffle iT realized that making this game was a LOT more work than they anticipated. I'm not saying it will never materialize, but it's gotta be pretty far down on the priority list, and that's a long list. Again, these are my educated guesses.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:02:58 am by LastFootnote »

McMatt

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2016, 09:27:40 am »

You are very likely guessing right: They have a huge list of things they want to implement and they are probably not as far down this list as they would like to be by today.
And you are guessing right again: The slim client is probably at the bottom of this list. -- but this would be very unfortunate, as it is a low hanging fruit. It is just an additional view implementation with some minor tweaks on other places.

pragmaticleas

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »

Will we be able to play dominion online at http://playdominion.com/ on Jan 1, 2017? If not, which address will it be?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.