Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Empires Announced!  (Read 152831 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Empires Announced!
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2016, 11:53:06 pm »

Still, easily solved:

'Each other bastard discards down to 3 cards in that bastard's hand.'

Now you may get some pedants arguing that they aren't bastards so they don't have to discard.  But, really, if they do that, then they're bastards.

I'm not sure there's a valid correlation between pedantry and whether or not your parents were married when you were conceived.

Technically your parents could have been married...to other people. And theythose bastards probably were, you bastard.  :)

Fixed that for you.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 06, 2016, 12:02:18 am »
+7

At what point are people going to start questioning the legitimacy of this entire argument?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 06, 2016, 12:09:59 am »
+2

At what point are people going to start questioning the legitimacy of this entire argument?

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 06, 2016, 12:13:38 am »
+1

It is May 4th, please, please, please....just a nibble!
Well this is unprecedented, but I'm not made of stone. Here are some spoilers about card layout.

- A bigger font is used on cards that don't have lots of text.
- "They" is used instead of "he."
- +'s in the body of text are now in bold.
- Card texts are more carefully centered than ever before.
What about the kerning? Is it good?

Unfortunately, Rio Grande doesn't make their own custom fonts.

Unfortunately, Rio Grande doesn't make their his or her some bastard's his own custom fonts.

FTFY
as he puts it, "i also do the fonts."

I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Max

• Baron
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 06, 2016, 07:07:39 am »

"Someone dropped his, her, their, nir, or xir glasses" just sounds like you're taking the piss. "A pair of glasses have been dropped (by someone)"?

I've met a lot of non-binary people, but I've never actually met someone who prefers nir or xir. The most common pronoun by far is "they", followed by "I don't really care about pronouns", followed by "just pick whichever you feel like". I feel like with a few exceptions and edge cases, these are straw-men pronouns trumpeted up by TiA users to mock others.

I know someone online who prefers xir, but the others just wanted they/their or didn't care. I didn't even know nir was an option.

I think people IRL tend to go for the pronouns they think will be easiest for people to use vocally. The only person I know who prefers ne is a Canadian. They is a perfectly common singular pronoun in British English. It rarely leads to ambiguity and can always be fixed by rewriting the sentence.

Edit: Btw, I have no idea what TiA is. I literally got a load of medical web pages and urban dictionary told me it was some really cool girl.

Also, it's the morning of the 6th - is Donald a 6am riser? If so, it'll be very soon.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:11:39 am by Max »

Ankenaut

• Bishop
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2016, 07:43:37 am »

"Someone dropped his, her, their, nir, or xir glasses" just sounds like you're taking the piss. "A pair of glasses have been dropped (by someone)"?

I've met a lot of non-binary people, but I've never actually met someone who prefers nir or xir. The most common pronoun by far is "they", followed by "I don't really care about pronouns", followed by "just pick whichever you feel like". I feel like with a few exceptions and edge cases, these are straw-men pronouns trumpeted up by TiA users to mock others.

I know someone online who prefers xir, but the others just wanted they/their or didn't care. I didn't even know nir was an option.

I think people IRL tend to go for the pronouns they think will be easiest for people to use vocally. The only person I know who prefers ne is a Canadian. They is a perfectly common singular pronoun in British English. It rarely leads to ambiguity and can always be fixed by rewriting the sentence.

Edit: Btw, I have no idea what TiA is. I literally got a load of medical web pages and urban dictionary told me it was some really cool girl.

Also, it's the morning of the 6th - is Donald a 6am riser? If so, it'll be very soon.

He's in Pacific time, so I'm assuming it will still be a few hours.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2016, 09:59:44 am »
+1

https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/ IMO it's sometimes funny, and every once in a while has a good point, but most of the time is just pathetic.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2016, 10:01:29 am »

https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/ IMO it's sometimes funny, and every once in a while has a good point, but most of the time is just pathetic.

Very first thread title: "If fat is attractive why don't fat women try to date fat men?"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:30 am »
+1

most of the time is just pathetic.

As expected of people who go on Tumblr in order to post about it on Reddit.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:12 am »
+1

TiA is basically the definition of manufactured outrage. Their content is a weird mix of lunatic fringe tumblr posts by edgy 14 year olds, completely fake tumblr posts by edgy 14 year olds, and Redditors actively looking for things to twist into an argument that offends them. Ironic if you don't think about it for too long, I guess.

If your views on identity politics or social justice issues are shaped by TiA, I would implore you to reconsider.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:26 am »
+2

TiA is basically the definition of manufactured outrage. Their content is a weird mix of lunatic fringe tumblr posts by edgy 14 year olds, completely fake tumblr posts by edgy 14 year olds, and Redditors actively looking for things to twist into an argument that offends them. Ironic if you don't think about it for too long, I guess.

If your views on identity politics or social justice issues are shaped by TiA, I would implore you to reconsider.

It just looks like a lot of straw men, and I can't really tell what 'side' of what 'issue'  is being represented by a given post (or, really, what the issue is, or anything that is going on).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2016, 10:25:20 am »
+2

This is rapidly descending into RSP territory and maybe we should tell Thelma & Louise to veer left right about now.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2016, 10:48:41 am »
+4

This is rapidly descending into RSP territory and maybe we should tell Thelma & Louise to veer left right about now.

I think the only thing that can steer this back on track is Empires previews.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2016, 10:53:03 am »
+3

It is May 4th, please, please, please....just a nibble!
Well this is unprecedented, but I'm not made of stone. Here are some spoilers about card layout.

- A bigger font is used on cards that don't have lots of text.
- "They" is used instead of "he."
- +'s in the body of text are now in bold.
- Card texts are more carefully centered than ever before.
What about the kerning? Is it good?

Unfortunately, Rio Grande doesn't make their own custom fonts.

Unfortunately, Rio Grande doesn't make their his or her some bastard's his own custom fonts.

FTFY
You jest, and Jay did not make any fonts, but he did do some of the centering and font sizing this time.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2016, 12:43:35 pm »
+1

whatever
You jest, and Jay did not make any fonts, but he did do some of the centering and font sizing this time.
i trust his judgement
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

spiralstaircase

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +453
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2016, 07:58:10 am »
+8

Thanks.  Has there been any news about a UK release?
That is just not information I ever have. I will find out it's in UK stores when someone posts "I got it, also I'm in the UK!"

OK, thanks.  I'll try to remember the correct wording when I get my copy.

I got it, also I'm in the UK!

Harley_Beckett

• Spy
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »

That is just not information I ever have. I will find out it's in UK stores when someone posts "I got it, also I'm in the UK!"

I wish I had more than just one upvote to give.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2016, 05:19:27 am »
+4

I wish I had more than just one upvote to give.

I originaly did not want to upvote spiralstaircase's post, but seing your struggle I did that, so it is now like you upvoted twice or something

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2017, 12:28:10 pm »

Wow, cool to see how many of these predictions actually proved correct.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.