Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Empires Announced!  (Read 152824 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Dominion: Empires Announced!
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:54 am »

There are storage solutions that are more expansible, but none of them will work with Fantasy Flight sleeves, and I'm not unsleeving my cards.

White baseball card boxes. Mine are all sleeved FFG just like yours. I know it's not sexy, but you could pretty up the boxes some same as a case. Then it's modular, but still extremely condensed. All sets (including Empires) fit in three of those things I brought Saturday.

This was my first storage solution, before the big wooden box. I would really like something that fits in just one box. My extra sets of base cards and whatever are in one of those white boxes, which is OK to carry around in my big board game bag.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2016, 11:10:37 am »
+1

There are storage solutions that are more expansible, but none of them will work with Fantasy Flight sleeves, and I'm not unsleeving my cards.

White baseball card boxes. Mine are all sleeved FFG just like yours. I know it's not sexy, but you could pretty up the boxes some same as a case. Then it's modular, but still extremely condensed. All sets (including Empires) fit in three of those things I brought Saturday.

This was my first storage solution, before the big wooden box. I would really like something that fits in just one box. My extra sets of base cards and whatever are in one of those white boxes, which is OK to carry around in my big board game bag.

Binders with pocket pages, man.  Very compact.

Re: Empires - I'm wondering how randomizers will work for the 2-card piles (which I haven't decided are shuffled up together, or separated) - will it be the way Knights are? 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:11:41 am by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:46 am »
+1

And also add 8 trillion pounds of weight (which I'm sure isn't a problem for some, but weight was half the reason I stopped my case, not space).

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:10 am »

Re: Empires - I'm wondering how randomizers will work for the 2-card piles (which I haven't decided are shuffled up together, or separated) - will it be the way Knights are?

I think it will be like Knights. I don't think you'll pust random cards together in the same pile.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:50 am »

When I read it, I assumed it was basically Knights... if you include that Kingdom pile, you get a pile with 5 each of 2 different cards. But they could either be a) shuffled together like Knights; b) alternating so every-other card is different; or c) the first 5 cards are one thing, then the next 5 are the other.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24:52 am »

Interestingly, Adam doesn't seem to hate them, so I guess the order won't be random.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2016, 11:28:17 am »
+1

I've seen storage solutions like this that I really like. I have never seen pocket pages that will accommodate sleeved cards, though. :'(

Interestingly, Adam doesn't seem to hate them, so I guess the order won't be random.

I have not disclosed my hatred or lack thereof for any of the cards or other things in this set. I should also say that I think I'm going to start carrying Knights in my IRL box and just make sure Dame Anna is always on the bottom of the pile. Someone suggested this to me and I think I like it. Read into this what you would like. I'll be very amused at the conclusions you can come up with.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2016, 11:32:22 am »
+1

I've seen storage solutions like this that I really like. I have never seen pocket pages that will accommodate sleeved cards, though. :'(

I have not disclosed my hatred or lack thereof for any of the cards or other things in this set. I should also say that I think I'm going to start carrying Knights in my IRL box and just make sure Dame Anna is always on the bottom of the pile. Someone suggested this to me and I think I like it. Read into this what you would like. I'll be very amused at the conclusions you can come up with.

You got to meet the real Dame Anna, and knew that you had found your one true nemesis?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2016, 11:35:01 am »
+1

I don't get how Dame Anna being the only trasher in a game is any worse/better than Dame Molly being the only Village or Sir Michael being the only discard attack.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:19 am »
+6

I don't get how Dame Anna being the only trasher in a game is any worse/better than Dame Molly being the only Village or Sir Michael being the only discard attack.

Because you're going to lose Dame Molly and Sir Michael when you hit your opponent's Knight or he hits them, and then you will also stop benefiting from them. If you manage to trash even once with Dame Anna, you're going to be at a significant advantage for the rest of the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »
+1

I too, an thinking about going to pocket pages if I could find one that held thick sleeves.
-The Compulsive Completist

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2016, 11:05:32 pm »
+1

Donald X, or Jay, when are the previews going to be released? If you're allowed/willing/able to tell us that, of course.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2016, 11:20:34 pm »
+2

I would imagine it will be the week prior to ship date. Adventures was previewed at the end of March & beginning of April.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2016, 01:43:13 am »
+8

Donald X, or Jay, when are the previews going to be released? If you're allowed/willing/able to tell us that, of course.
When I find out the expected release date, I will schedule the previews for a week earlier plus starting on a Monday; then if the set moves back a week or so the previews will probably stay where they are.

So as it stands, I expect late March, or April.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2016, 03:09:33 am »
+7

I still remember the day I got Alchemy, thinking I had finally completed my Dominion collection once and for all......

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Blueswan

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2016, 03:37:11 am »
+2

So excited for this!

I stopped playing online Dominion altogether about 14 months ago due to severe wrist tendonitis. So since then I have only played IRL Dominion, which naturally occurs much less frequently. Adventures really rekindled my interest in the game and Empires looks very exciting, taking the game in new directions. 2015-16 has been a surprisingly good time to be a Dominion fan, given that we expected the game to "end" with Guilds (at least for a long time).

I guess Adventures must have sold at least decently for them to do another expansion, which is also good news. I know that here in Denmark, several ordinary book stores sell Dominion and the various expansions.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:40:51 am by Blueswan »

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2016, 09:46:34 am »
+1

Because you're going to lose Dame Molly and Sir Michael when you hit your opponent's Knight or he hits them, and then you will also stop benefiting from them. If you manage to trash even once with Dame Anna, you're going to be at a significant advantage for the rest of the game.

there's also the fact that one non-drawing village usually isn't enough to make an engine, whereas one trasher can be all you need if the other pieces are there.  especially if it trashes 2 cards and your opponent doesn't have access to it!

molly's main use is just allowing you to play more knights, generally.  similar to festival, she's best in a money-ish game where you still want to play a bunch of strong terminals (what wandering winder terms "The Good Stuff Deck").  that's nothing to sneeze at, but a more limited scope of strength than anna's.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 12:29:38 am »
+3

Clearly, the VP tokens must be what you get from destroying the Death Star with a Scout (maybe this expansion will allow for Wookies to also get VP tokens, instead of just humans).

As for the landmarks, well, landmarks keep you from getting lost. Therefore, once you have a Landmark, the Lose Track rule will no longer apply. Without losing track of themselves, people won't have to ask Jar Jar for directions, thereby allowing him to be permanently written out of the plot and greatly improving Episodes I-III.

Two of the greatest outrages in Star Wars history have now been fixed. Thanks, DXV!

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »
+4

BGG says RGG says May 18, 2016.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2016, 06:19:27 pm »

Does that mean the previews have to wait until then aswell?
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »
+2

Does that mean the previews have to wait until then aswell?
Yes, where "then" is a week or two ahead of then.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2016, 06:40:55 pm »

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2016, 07:57:08 pm »

BGG says RGG says May 18, 2016.

D:

But that's really soon isn't it?

It's not as soon as April.  I hope this is just a very cautious estimate, and a not a set-in-stone delivery date.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »
+5

It's not as soon as April.  I hope this is just a very cautious estimate, and a not a set-in-stone delivery date.
Dunno, but Jay's cautious estimates that are dates tend to be actual dates.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.