Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Empires Announced!  (Read 152806 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Empires Announced!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 10:52:56 pm »
+1

Why can't tournaments be on Tuesday afternoons, near Cleveland, so I don't need to use vacation time to attend? :(
Because then you would crush us all.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
+2

Why can't tournaments be on Tuesday afternoons, near Cleveland, so I don't need to use vacation time to attend? :(
I'm only about an hour from Cleveland.  If you want to meet up after work sometime, I'm game :)

On topic: Woo more Dominion! *looks at box* but I just fit Adventures in you!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 11:06:20 pm »

Depending on how much stuff there is, I should be able to fit it in my new binders with the extra pocket pages left.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 11:09:46 pm »

My 5000 card box is getting pretty full, with all the mats and tokens and such in there. I haven't even bought "Base Cards" or "Summon" yet.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 11:57:41 pm »
+1

EEEEEEEE!!!! This is one I actually got previews of and I'm SO EXCITED for some cards to hit the game!

But really not looking forward to some other ones... *cough encouraging people to be petty cough*
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 05:21:09 am »
+3

I'm excited, but sad at the same time. Haven Having not had a chance to play Adventures online, I feel like when this comes out it's going to feel like overload, especially considering Adventures adds so many cards, and I have barely played with it and some of us have not played with it at all. One thing is for sure, Dominion will feel very different soon.

PS: Donald X. I have assembled a fairly large irl play group in Southern California, in case you are looking for another play tester in the future who plays with people in real life. Hint! Hint!

PPS: Let's start taking bets when this gets released online. Who thinks this will be out irl before Adventures is out online?

PPPS: I'm excited to see VP tokens return. I really hope coin tokens make a comeback as well. That is one mechanic that I feel has a lot of room to play around with.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:22:41 am by Beyond Awesome »

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 06:00:45 am »
+1

EEEEEEEE!!!! This is one I actually got previews of and I'm SO EXCITED for some cards to hit the game!

But really not looking forward to some other ones... *cough encouraging people to be petty cough*
Previews?  Thats  not fair. :'(   I wish I was included on testing.  (Feels sorry for himself)  still excited tho for when it does come out. :)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:48 am »
+5

I feel like when this comes out it's going to feel like overload

There are cards you can buy now and pay for later

Yep, it's going to feel like Overload.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 06:37:45 am »
+1

Previews?  Thats  not fair. :'(   I wish I was included on testing.  (Feels sorry for himself)  still excited tho for when it does come out. :)

It's seriously just a who you know when factor. I didn't get selected or anything (why would Donald trust someone with new cards who doesn't even have the old ones?), I was just in the right place at the right time. I still haven't seen all the cards either.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 07:02:13 am »

So... Stef, that tournament in the Netherlands, is that happening with some previews? ^^

Anyway: excited :D

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 09:08:13 am »

How did you guys get on the Online play test group?

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:20 am »
+1

It's seriously just a who you know when factor. I didn't get selected or anything (why would Donald trust someone with new cards who doesn't even have the old ones?), I was just in the right place at the right time. I still haven't seen all the cards either.
I know.  I just like to whine.  Its all good. :) thanks for being a good sport.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 12:36:45 pm »

Read: certain playtesters have permission to playtest some cards with IRL people.  Unsurprisingly, this tends to happen at announced meetups, but of course the presence of cards can't be announced in advance.  So, go to a meetup and you might get lucky, especially since some playtesters' names are in this thread.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2016, 12:42:10 pm »

Also, I would bet real money that Empires will be at your FLGS before Adventures is online.

I wouldn't bet real money that the next expansion after Empires will be at your FLGS before Adventures is online, but I think there's a >1% of it being true.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2016, 01:14:08 pm »
+9

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 01:15:31 pm »

Wero, what do you think the Alchemy sequel will be called? Is it going to be a large set?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 01:19:07 pm »
+11

Wero, what do you think the Alchemy sequel will be called? Is it going to be a large set?

I think it'll be called "Dominion: Hell Freezes Over"

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2016, 01:30:01 pm »
+4

Read: certain playtesters have permission to playtest some cards with IRL people.  Unsurprisingly, this tends to happen at announced meetups, but of course the presence of cards can't be announced in advance.  So, go to a meetup and you might get lucky, especially since some playtesters' names are in this thread.
Well, that is a lot easier if those meetups happen on the continent you live on.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2016, 02:19:12 pm »
+1

Well, that is a lot easier if those meetups happen on the continent you live on.

An excellent point.  I'd suggest moving here, but I wouldn't recommend anyone from pretty much anywhere in Europe come to the US.  Maybe to Canada?

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2016, 03:21:42 pm »
+1

So... Stef, that tournament in the Netherlands, is that happening with some previews? ^^

Anyway: excited :D

There's going to be a tournament in the Netherlands? When, where and how?
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Japo

• Swindler
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2016, 05:07:16 pm »
+6

For the German translation. Please make sure they use the female grammatical form when there are "female" people in the art.
So far they've only done it with witches and very few other cards like duchess. But they used "Bäcker" instead of "Bäckerin" for baker, "Wildhüter" instead of "Wildhüterin"  for ranger, "Geschichtenerzähler" instead of "Geschichtenerzählerin" for storyteller etc.
I really appreciate that Donald made sure there are more women in the art. But the (wrong) translation spoils it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:11:37 pm by Japo »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
+1

For the German translation. Please make sure they use the female grammatical form when there are "female" people in the art.
So far they've only done it with witches and very few other cards like duchess. But they used "Bäcker" instead of "Bäckerin" for baker, "Wildhüter" instead of "Wildhüterin"  for ranger, "Geschichtenerzähler" instead of "Geschichtenerzählerin" for storyteller etc.
I really appreciate that Donald made sure there are more women in the art. But the (wrong) translation spoils it.
For me personally, this is just beyond the scope. Feel free to contact the German publisher and complain yourself... or the Hungarian publisher or Polish publisher or whoever.

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »
+1

I'm so glad this finally is announced, so that I can tell everyone that you all should get this expansion!  I've been fortunate enough to get to play with some of the cards, and I think this might be the best Dominion expansion yet.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 07:34:43 pm »

For me personally, this is just beyond the scope. Feel free to contact the German publisher and complain yourself... or the Hungarian publisher or Polish publisher or whoever.

The Polish publisher did Base and Intrigue, then skipped to Cornucopia and hasn't done anything since.  I'm pretty sure Hungarian has only done Base and Intrigue.

EDIT: I seem to remember there being a new Polish publisher, though.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:32 pm »

In Russia they had Base and Intrigue translated, but recently they stopped printing Intrigue..
Not that I care too much about translated versions, but that just means less people are playing the game, which is obviously bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.