Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Best Dominion Cards List 2012 Ed.1: $2 cards  (Read 24706 times)

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: THE Dominion Card List(s): $4 cards Part 2/3 posted
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 01:27:26 am »
+1

I understand what you are saying. But I honestly very rarely play BMX, I always try to spice it up a bit. And I think if my primary goal is Witch and I take Remake, I will be in much better situation than with Moat. With pure BM, Moat is be better. With some other stuff, I don't think so...

Yes, in games where Copper is good, I agree Moat will be better. But IMO on most boards you are able to find a strategy that handles the Curses better then just saying "Yay! I am on the right of 6-4 Curse split and with my 4 nice Silvers I am able to grab a Duchy once in a while cause I have all these lovely Coppers!"  ;D
I'm not saying moat is generally better than remake. I'm saying that it's not hard to find situations in which moat is good even in 2-player. A reasonable amount of curse games have to turn into low-action-count money games because there are no good cantrips and the curses make it hard to build a thin deck in time even with a trasher. In these not-so-rare situations, moat is good, and better than trashing.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »
+2

Off-topic, people always talk about needing KC and Throne Room to get more than ten Embargo tokens out, but theoretically in a game with Possession and Embargo couldn't you put out infinite Embargo tokens by only playing the Embargos on other peoples' turns?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:10 pm »

I'd like to point out that if you're using Native Village for 1/2 a card, you're almost surely using it wrong by giving yourself some pretty decent card disadvantage.
Yeah, I think I showed with my post that it is no good idea. But I already saw some people playing it like that, so I thought it's worth mentioning.

Statistics - I would be happy to see more statistic things (like median or mode)...
+1 to this. I think with a wide range of people ranking this, median is the most stable statistic to look at (lessening the effect of people ranking courtyard #10...)

As I said above, an unweighted ranking or using Median wouldn' have changed the order of the $2 cards. So I didn't mentioned that. I will mention that if it would be a difference, you will see.

From the text: "If there's Mountebank in the supply and you're playing a 4-player-game, Moat might be a good buy." Might? In that situation, I think Moat is a MUST-buy, and I probably open moat/silver most of the time. "But if you're playing a 2-player game, buying Moat is mostly superfluous. Buying a trasher more against Cursers...is mostly the better alternative." You might be surprised if you simulate it in geronimoo's simulator. Just add a single remake or a single moat to the witch bot. Which do you think is better? Witch+Moat beast Witch+Remake 53-43.   Now I'm not saying just getting a trasher instead is not better some (or even a lot) of the time, but it's not like witch games transitioning into big money is a major outliar situation.

I try to avoid being absolute. With Moat and Lighthouse on the board, Lighthouse is still the better alternative, I suppose. Moat is a good buy thou, and I think everybody who reads my text will get that. The comparism Moat and Remake really surprised me. I think I will check that later.

It might be nice to see a graph of for each card, x axis is the isotropic level of the raters, and y axis is the rank.

Maybe you'll see trends with the under/overrated cards.
Nice idea. Let's see what I can do. But: All lists are still weighted by isotropic rank, so I think those graphs won't tell you anything new.

Anon79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »

Off-topic, people always talk about needing KC and Throne Room to get more than ten Embargo tokens out, but theoretically in a game with Possession and Embargo couldn't you put out infinite Embargo tokens by only playing the Embargos on other peoples' turns?
Well, you can put out any arbitrarily large number of Embargo tokens, but past a certain point the additional tokens don't do anything. By "a certain point" I mean total number of Curse + Silver cards used in the game in question, multiplied by number of piles in the supply...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.