Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's Discuss Adventures Cards: Distant Lands  (Read 19428 times)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss Adventures Cards: Distant Lands
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 08:07:43 pm »
+5

This is exciting for serious players. It's a nice way to get a lead in points while continuing to build up. We already had that with e.g. Nobles, but well Distant Lands is different all the ways it's different. And it's a lot of points, man, it's not stingy there.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

The one con about Distant Lands is (and correct me if I'm wrong) that since each player's Tavern mat is public info and these go on the mat face up, other players have knowledge about how many points you have from these.  That wouldn't stop me from getting this and onto my Tavern, but still something that could be used against you.

This gives me another thing to do with Transmogrify... Transmogrify a $4 card (which at the minimum, can be another Transmogrify) to get a DL in your hand, and since that's a non-terminal, you'll be able to use at least 1 DL in this fashion.  A bit more extreme, but if you have 2 Transmogrify's, then turn a Silver into a Reserved DL, while continuing to hold onto all of your Transmogrify.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »

The one con about Distant Lands is (and correct me if I'm wrong) that since each player's Tavern mat is public info and these go on the mat face up, other players have knowledge about how many points you have from these.  That wouldn't stop me from getting this and onto my Tavern, but still something that could be used against you.

If your opponent is smart, he's going to track how many points you get anyways. You know, besides Silk Roads and Gardens...
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 03:22:29 am »

If your opponent is smart, he's going to track how many points you get anyways. You know, besides Silk Roads and Gardens...
But there's the memory aspect which is still a hurdle to some. 

I've met some folks (far and few though) who either knew exactly how many points their 3 other opponents had, or at least track Provinces.  Short of tourney games, even many Dominion fans I play with don't go to such extremes.  In fact, even though they're fans of Dom, have multitudes of expansions, and sleeve their cards, even they'd consider it hard core to be scouring Dominion Strategy articles, charts, graphs, and analyzing simulator results.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.