Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 150785 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1400 on: March 02, 2016, 07:56:32 am »

I really don't know if it's Amph. I guess e is still the least likely, but if he doesn't die, then it might also be him. Amph still has the QT thing and the Teproc thing, both makes him towny.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1401 on: March 02, 2016, 08:03:47 am »

Final Day 5 Vote Count

Oh, hi!  How are you holding up?  Because I'm a potato.

SS (3): 2.7, Ampharos, Awaclus

Not Voting (2): WW, SS

With 5 players alive, it took 3 to lynch.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:32 am »

Thread Locked!
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 02, 2016, 08:15:27 am »

Day 5 End

Final Vote Count:

SS (3): 2.7, Ampharos, Awaclus

Not Voting (2): WW, SS

With 5 players alive, it took 3 to lynch.

"GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T JUST PUSH YOU OFF THIS HERE TABLE!" bawled two of the cakes simultaneously.  Matt and Rick recoiled, covering their ears, at the shrill shrieking.  Things had escalated quickly.

The confectionery in question stammered something, quietly enough to be completely incomprehensible:
"... yummy ... happiness ... ponies ... "

"Well, if that's the best you can do," said a third cake, joining in the fun, "have this!"

He picked up a camping mallet from the table ("Where did that come from?" sputtered Rick.) and brought it bodily down onto the poor pastry. 

The walls were splattered with vanilla-y goodness, and a delicious aroma filled the room.

Whoops!

silverspawn has been lynched!  He was a Vanilla Teacake.

Night 5 begins now and will last 24 hours.  Night actions due in 12 hours.  (Night will be extended to 48 hours upon the PM'd/QT'd request of any player.)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #1404 on: March 03, 2016, 07:24:17 am »

Day 6 Start

Matt and Rick had both turned away for a few moments, towards the sink, trying to clean off the ever-increasing encrustment of vanilla/chocolate/spongey goo that coated them.  It seemed that they had only been looking the other way for a second when they heard an ominous SQUISH

Turning quickly back to the table, still dripping, they saw that yet another of the cakes had been brutally murdered.  The remaining cakes looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, each standing some distance away from the tasty-looking corpse.  One was even whistling nonchalantly. 

The brothers couldn't quite believe it.  All those delicious looking cakes, gone!  Now there were only three left! Were they ever going to get something tasty to eat?

2.7 died during the night.  He was a Vanilla Teacake.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 3)
« Reply #1405 on: March 03, 2016, 07:24:59 am »

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting (3): Ampharos, Awaclus, WW

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Day 6 begins now and will end at 8am on the 11th of March, forum time.
Thread unlocked!

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 5)
« Reply #1406 on: March 03, 2016, 07:26:54 am »

My gut says WW, but I have to do a comprehensive reread of both of you before I'm doing any voting.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1407 on: March 03, 2016, 07:28:04 am »

Here's my QT (in reverse order, obviously) in case anyone wants to see it:

AwaclusPerson was signed in when posted
03-02-2016
07:57 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
By saying that I'll certainly vote for Ampharos, I'm trying to bait scum!Ampharos into killing me and scum!WW into keeping me alive. I don't know if it's going to work, but it's more data and I think we might need any extra data we can possibly have tomorrow. Depending on how things play out, I might or might not actually want to vote for Ampharos tomorrow.
03-02-2016
07:37 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Man, both of them (silver and Amp) are so scummy. But they can't all be the last scum ever.
03-01-2016
10:53 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Also it's nice that he stopped tunneling me, but I think I have to give him scum points for that as well.
03-01-2016
10:53 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
More scum points for Amp for trying to read way too much into silver talking about confirming his "role". Silver is scummy for legit reasons, but trying to paint an even scummier picture of him is pretty bad.
03-01-2016
10:24 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Scum points to Ampharos for not following the game.
02-29-2016
05:45 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
>inb4 people put me to L-1 just to force me to share said explanations
02-28-2016
07:53 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
I don't remember if there's a reason to find WW particularly scummy or towny.
02-28-2016
07:52 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
I conducted an experiment. I went on the forums, opened a thread, started a timer, read the newest post (in such a way that I actually understood what it was saying too), opened this personal QT, clicked on Print and selected all messages (which was unnecessary because this QT right now is short enough that you can see all the posts on a single page, but the point was to simulate having to open a separate page to show all the posts), copied its contents to my clipboard, opened Notepad because I didn't accidentally want to post this on the forum, pasted it into the Notepad, skimmed over the text to see that everything was there the way it was supposed to be, and stopped the timer at 33 seconds. Now, if you actually have to delete mod interactions and whatnot, it's obviously going to take a little bit longer, but no way I'm giving town cred for anything that takes longer than a few minutes to post.
02-28-2016
07:42 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
As for my thoughts at this very moment, I think that silver or Ampharos is certainly very likely to be the last scum. They both posted their QTs after a significant delay even though they were online the entire time, and I think they really did have QTs of some kind at hand, but they super could have been edited. This reminds me of visual novels with multiple different routes — when you read a scene for the first time, it makes perfect sense in the context of that route, but that exact same scene might appear again on a different route and even though the context for that scene is now wildly different, it still makes perfect sense in the new context as well, and it oftentimes (especially back when I was just starting out) really surprises and amazes me how much they can actually just reuse the exact same scenes in different routes. The same thing applies here — 15 minutes is probably enough to turn a general fake QT into a VT QT. It's also a pretty likely hypothesis that scum has such general fake QTs that they're planning to turn into the appropriate PR or VT ones on the fly when necessary; maybe they overestimated how long it would take or maybe they thought that getting it done in 15 minutes for a VT QT (probably a little more for a PR QT) is still fast enough to get you town cred, and they probably really wouldn't want to manage multiple different QTs.
02-28-2016
07:25 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
So, I think that does it for old post explanations.
02-28-2016
07:19 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
No wait, I already explained that in the main thread.
02-28-2016
07:18 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.ph...msg572271#msg572271

With this, I was referring to that I was actually starting to like the silverspawn lynch, if only RR had showed up and done something useful.
02-28-2016
07:13 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.ph...msg569456#msg569456

Here, I was thinking that RR unvoted with the purpose of trying to prevent his partner's lynch, and I was confident enough in my scum read on RR to hammer EgorK for that, since RR didn't seem to be a viable lynch that day. Interestingly, it ended up being the correct play for entirely wrong reasons.
02-28-2016
07:10 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.ph...msg567661#msg567661

And yes, that point was actually a pretty good one. For me, it was not a reason to vote for RR though, it was simply a reason to not give RR enough town cred for being on the lynch to make up for the scum cred he got from refusing to share the QT.
02-28-2016
07:05 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.ph...msg566758#msg566758

Oh shit, now it does have something in it.
02-28-2016
07:01 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
As for the case against RR, it stemmed entirely from his refusal to share his QT, even though he probably posted in it. If he had managed to actually post the QT in a reasonably short amount of time after it was requested, I would have changed to silverspawn immediately. Actually, if he had managed to post anything at all to successfully defend himself, I would have changed to silverspawn because earlier today I was posting from a bus and focusing on a bunch of different things at the same time so I didn't remember that the QT thing was the reason why I had decided that RR was confirmed scum (that's a convenient thing about not sharing your reasons; you can just abstract them away because they don't matter).

The reason for finding him confirmed scum originally was that there was no town motivation for refusing to do the obviously pro-town thing, therefore RR had to be scum. Turns out he wasn't. I still can't figure out what the town motivation could possibly have been.
02-28-2016
06:58 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Firstly, I'm obviously town given that I haven't quit this game since the rules clarification, and anyone who approaches the question rationally should arrive to the same conclusion, given my posts in other threads discussing the QT issue. I have a tendency to assume that people play rationally, or rather, I think that the assumption that people play rationally is the very essence of all multiplayer game strategy, be it Mafia, Dominion, Hanabi or Cards Against Humanity. Given that and my personal dislike for winning more/Still Had All Deez, I saw no need for any extra town cred, but as it turns out, some people will apparently just have to go to however extreme extents it takes to refuse to be rational under any and all circumstances, and now that RR also flipped town, the best lead we have is the case against silverspawn and while it's a pretty good case, I'm nowhere near confident enough to count on him being scum and if he's not, I don't want to take any chances of getting mislynched no matter how much those chances are supposed to be 0%.
02-28-2016
06:40 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
For now, I think the major things I have to explain are

1) Why didn't I write a QT until now

and

2) Why did I press the case against RR so hard

In addition, I will go over my posts after that and see if there's anything that comes to mind.
02-28-2016
06:39 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Meh, I guess I should start writing a QT. Be it known that while I am kind of posting my actual thoughts here to the extent that I think it's likely to turn out to be more useful than detrimental, I still have to force myself to do so, since I usually just remember everything and so this QT doesn't serve any practical purpose to actually help me play better or anything, it's purely for the town cred. In other words, the target audience of my QT is not myself, but anyone who might still be alive when/if I might have to share it, and therefore, it's going to be more about explaining my reasons and thought processes to other people.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #1408 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:37 am »

Obviously the fact that I'm still alive means town points for Amp and scum points for WW.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 03, 2016, 07:35:51 am »

I don't know how I feel about that. 

A few points of concern:

1) You post it at the beginning of the final day, without provocation.
2) You wrote it up late in the game, giving nothing early that could be incriminating.  This could be very easily fabricated.
3) You are clearly trying to get me killed, which reads a lot like scum who has picked their final mislynch target. 

But then you post that other post and maybe 3 is not so valid.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:24 am »

That last sentance should have had PPE, sorry.

Going to do rereads later today, and am waiting for WW to show up. 

Even with the above concerns, I still think he's the primary suspect going into this day before my reread.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1411 on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:38 am »

I don't know how I feel about that. 

A few points of concern:

1) You post it at the beginning of the final day, without provocation.
2) You wrote it up late in the game, giving nothing early that could be incriminating.  This could be very easily fabricated.
3) You are clearly trying to get me killed, which reads a lot like scum who has picked their final mislynch target. 

But then you post that other post and maybe 3 is not so valid.

Well, yeah. I intended to use it to gain town cred for having written a QT, but then it started to feel like it's more useful for explaining things that I didn't want to explain in the main thread at that time, so that's what I mostly used it for and I think it serves that purpose well. I also don't see a need to wait for provocation; it's just generally good that it's available for everyone now that it's the final day.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 03, 2016, 08:11:59 am »

So I'm town.  And I don't know which one of you is scum. 

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 03, 2016, 08:15:35 am »

This is a lot different than the last game we were in the final 3 together.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 03, 2016, 08:16:03 am »

"This" being your initial approach to the day.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 03, 2016, 08:17:12 am »

This is a lot different than the last game we were in the final 3 together.

I didn't realize I wouldn't be considered town here. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 03, 2016, 08:18:28 am »

"This" being your initial approach to the day.

Lats time I did a lot of rereading and writing during the night.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:26 am »

Just don't vote me if you are town, because I'm going to be super pissed if scum!Awaclus wins this.  I won't feel as bad if you're scum.

Actually I just realized that I'm going to be biased going into this.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:55 am »

Fair enough.  I can't call you out for that without being hypocritical :P

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 03, 2016, 08:33:28 am »

03-02-2016
EDIT
DELETE
By saying that I'll certainly vote for Ampharos, I'm trying to bait scum!Ampharos into killing me and scum!WW into keeping me alive. I don't know if it's going to work, but it's more data and I think we might need any extra data we can possibly have tomorrow. Depending on how things play out, I might or might not actually want to vote for Ampharos tomorrow.

Doesn't make a  lot of sense when you were convinced e would be the night kill yesterday.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1420 on: March 03, 2016, 10:02:34 am »

03-02-2016
EDIT
DELETE

Doesn't make a  lot of sense when you were convinced e would be the night kill yesterday.

I tried to change that. It didn't work. Ampharos was the one with the biggest incentive to react to me saying that I'll vote for him for sure.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1421 on: March 03, 2016, 10:05:40 am »

Besides, where did I even say that I was convinced that e would be the NK? I just stated that he was very likely to be an IC.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1422 on: March 03, 2016, 10:22:01 am »

Just don't vote me if you are town, because I'm going to be super pissed if scum!Awaclus wins this.

Well, he needs to vote for you if he's town because that means you're scum, and if town!Ampharos doesn't vote for scum!WW, town can't win.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 03, 2016, 10:30:21 am »

I shouldn't have to say this, but the important thing is that nobody vote for anybody until we are verbally in agreement about what we want to do.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1424 on: March 03, 2016, 10:35:56 am »

I shouldn't have to say this, but the important thing is that nobody vote for anybody until we are verbally in agreement about what we want to do.

Well, there's certainly no need to hurry with voting (I still want to reread before making a decision too, and I won't have time before Sunday or something like that), but what's the purpose of the verbal agreement before voting?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.